Avast Antivirus is a renowned cybersecurity tool made by Avast and available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. There is a complimentary and premium version, both of which effectively safeguard your PC from internet dangers. You’re at the right place if you also face the Avast keeps turning off issue.
Avast Antivirus’ behavior Shield is an additional element of continuous security that may track all processes on your PC in real-time for suspicious activity that could indicate the presence of harmful viruses. The Behavior Shield works by detecting and blocking harmful files based on their similarities to existing threats, even if they haven’t been added to the virus definitions database.
The fact that Avast Behavior Shield continually goes off could be due to a variety of factors. For instance, there is a flaw in Avast Behavior Shield. What are the consequences of disabling Avast Behavior Shield? If it is switched off, your computer will be in grave danger. Meanwhile, learn to fix Avast that is not opening on windows by clicking here!
Nonetheless, some users have reported that the Avast keeps turning off when they activate the software or restart the computer. They also state that they don’t change Avast’s default settings manually.
See also: Common Avast VPN Problems – Quick Fix
Table of Contents
How to Fix Avast Keeps Turning Off Issue?
It’s advised to restart your computer before doing any of the recommended troubleshooting methods listed below. This procedure will refresh the operating system and delete any corrupt temporary data that may be the source of the issue.
Method #0 Use Restoro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Method #1: Update
An out-of-date version of Avast may be causing the issue. If your Windows operating system has recently received a software update, you should also check if a new version for your antivirus software is available so that it can continue to function properly with Windows.
- By clicking the Avast icon in the system tray, you can access the Avast user interface.
- Go to the Update tab and look for two buttons with the text Update on them.
- Either of these buttons is for upgrading the virus definitions database, while the other is updating the software itself.
- By clicking on both of these update buttons, you can update both the database and the software.
Method #2: Repair
Repairing the Avast antivirus application is the second solution to the problem of Avast keeps turning off issue. To enter the Settings app, click the gear-shaped symbol in the lower-left corner of the Start menu.
Go to Apps and select it. You should open a list of all installed applications and utilities on your PC right away, so be patient while it loads.
In the Control Panel or Settings, look for Avast and click Modify.
To repair it, follow the instructions given below:
- Run Avast, click the Avast icon in the system tray or the Avast shortcut on the desktop.
- To continue, click the Menu button in the right corner after entering the main screen.
- After that, go to Settings.
- To proceed, go to the Troubleshooting tab and then select REPAIR APP.
Method #3: Reinstall
If the methods above do not resolve the Avast keeps turning off issue, it would be best if you consider reinstalling Avast.
- From the official website, get the most recent version of the Avast installer.
- You can download the Avast Uninstall Utility from the official website.
- After downloading these files, disconnect from the Internet and boot into Safe Mode.
- And to boot to safe mode-
It is advised that you generate a system image to provide better protection for your computer. After that, even if Avast encounters difficulties or other issues, you can keep your computer and data safe.
This is how you can do the following-
- Toggle the Windows button On/Off.
- Click Restart while holding down the Shift key.
- Select Troubleshoot from the drop-down menu, then Advanced Options.
- Click Start-up Settings under “Advanced settings.”
- Click Restart under “Start-up Settings.”
- There are several boot choices available. The numbers 4,5, or 6 are the essential options for booting into Safe Mode. By pressing one of the numbers or the function k, you can choose an option. You can choose an option by tapping one of the numbers or the function keys F4, F5, or F6.
- Safe Mode is now active in Windows 10.
Method #4: Restart
Start the aswbIDSAgent Service once more. Avast employs the aswbIDSAgent as one of its services to secure your PC. Changing a few parameters on this service generally solves the Avast keeps turning off issue.
- Using the Windows Key + R key combination, open the Run dialogue box.
- In the Run dialogue box, type “services.msc” and click OK.
- Locate the aswbIDSAgent Service and pick Properties from the context menu.
- You should leave the service stopped if it is (you can check it right next to the Service status section). If the service is still running, click the Stop button and wait for it to stop before moving on to the next step.
- Before you click the Start button to restart the service, ensure that the Startup type option in the aswbIDSAgent Service’s Properties is set to Automatic.
Method #5: Command Prompt
You can disable the behavior shield or background Avast scanning using the command prompt. This may aid in the resolution of the Avast keeps turning off issue.
- Click the Windows logo.
- Type cmd, right-click on the search result and choose to execute as administrator from the menu.
- Type C: ProgramDataAvastSoftwareAvast in the command prompt window and hit enter.
- A new window will open, in which you can search for and open the avast5.ini.file.
- Save the command [GrimeFighter] : ScanFrequency=999.
- Restart your computer.
Check if Avast keeps turning off on its own, then the issue still exists
These were the ways to fix the Avast keeps turning off errors on your PC. We hope you go through each one of these and resolve your issue of Avast Antivirus as protection from viruses and malware is a must in these trying times when PCs get infected all the time.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂