Avast antivirus security is one of the popular tools to fix bug or viruses on one’s PC or mobile. Suppose the Avast mobile virus definitions won’t update using the Avast antivirus. In that case, the glitch should be solved soonest to avoid getting our device infected with malware and virus.
Solve this by Open Avast, go to Menu and Settings. Under the General window, click Troubleshooting, scroll down, and click REPAIR APP. Click Yes and wait until the repair finishes.
In such a scenario, there are several factors to look out for, which can be temporarily disabling Avast antivirus and then restarting it, resolving the internet connection, restoring the settings in Avast, reinstalling the app again, and some more fixes, all of which will be discussed further.
Eight Fixes For Avast Mobile Virus Definitions Won’t Update
Avast antivirus offers protection and security for one’s computer or mobile. There might be particular reasons why Avast mobile virus definitions won’t update. It could be due to specific compatibility issues or a faulty installation process. This problem may be caused due. to the built-in troubleshooting menu in Avast being helpful if Avast Virus Definitions won’t update. The 8 best ways to show how to fix if Avast mobile virus definitions won’t update.
Resolve Internet Connection
An unstable internet connection can cause hindrance to downloading fresh and new virus definitions. How to check the internet connectivity? On opening the web browser and mobile device, we should try accessing certain websites, for example, Google. If there is no glitch, then the internet connectivity works well. Check out the virus removal guide for Win32bogent.
If it doesn’t work, it is better to contact the service provider, or the Avast mobile virus definitions won’t update. Learn how to fix no internet-secured network.
Update Avast Virus Definitions Manually
We should keep the Avast app up to date since the fresh updates have the scope of better changes and malware fixing.
There are specific steps to manual update, which are as follows:
- On the taskbar of your mobile, click on Avast from the bottom right corner. Click on update and follow it up with engine and virus definitions. Wait for definitions to update.
- Click ‘Check for updates” if the antivirus doesn’t work automatically.
- After Avast finds new virus definitions, we click on check for updates, reflecting “your application is up to date.”
Any issues with the Avast app will fix the app updates to the current version. Avast will not update if we use the app’s fragmented or old version.
Update Avast From Settings
If Avast is not updating despite manually updating the virus definitions, we should update Avast from the settings options. Let us see how:
- Open the Avast app on your phone, followed by the menu option in the top right corner.
- Go to settings.
- Select General, followed by the Update option from the left panel.
- Select Check for updates in the update bar. The process of update installation will hence begin.
- After installation of current updates of Avast antivirus, it’s required to restart the system for the changes to reflect.
- Restore the Avast antivirus app once again to check for any errors.
See Also: 4 Ways To Fix No Internet-Secured Error
Expanse Cache And Data From Google Play Store
Once the cache and data are cleared, the errors of the Avast mobile virus update failure can be resolved. How to solve the errors regarding the Avast mobile virus update failure? It is essential to clear out the cache to minimize the errors. How to clear out the cache in that case? Well, here’s how we go about it:
- Choose settings on the Android phone.
- Choose the app option and scroll through the notification option.
- Select three-dot on the top corner on the right.
- Click on system apps followed by google play store.
- Check for the storage option and then click on clear cache. Read also about how to fix not enough storage issues.
This way, we can clear the cache and data and avoid further errors.
Run A Check On the Corrupted Cache System
Avast mobile virus definitions sometimes won’t update due to a faulty cache system. Checking corrupted systems can help fix the errors in the Avast app. The steps are mentioned as follows:
- Press the low volume key to look for “wipe cache partition.”
- Select the power button, then press volume down, which reflects the “yes” option. Later, press the power button.
- It will run the wipe cache partition process.
- After the procedure is performed, press the highlighted reboot system now option.
- Lastly, press the power key to start the mobile.
Using Recovery Mode To Factory Reset
If the earlier fixes do not work, returning the phone to the default mode is advisable. Bringing back the phone to default mode might, in some way, guide you through getting the current version of the Avast app. The steps to follow are:
- Power off the phone
- Press the volume down and power buttons together until the phone restarts.
- Once the start option shows on the screen, touch the power button to choose, whereas the volume buttons scroll.
- To start the restoration mode, opt for the volume down button. Also, check how to restore the files on Windows 10.
- On hitting the power button, the phone will start.
- Once the phone restarts, the power button and volume up should be pressed simultaneously.
- There will be an option for factory reset; press the yes option
- Leave the phone for some time to perform the required actions.
- Now, we can reboot the phone.
Restore Settings in Avast
There are several built-in options in the settings and tools present in the Avast app. Avast mobile virus definition won’t update in case of any improper arrangement in the app. Read this article to see if there was a problem resetting your PC. Thankfully there are chances to restore all the options to their initial standards by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Avast and choose the menu option
- Select Settings
- Choose the General option followed by troubleshooting.
- Choose reset all settings from the troubleshooting option.
- Click on reset to default.
- Click yes on the reset prompt box.
- Follow it up by manual virus update on Avast.
Even after trying out the possibilities mentioned above, if the Avast mobile virus definitions won’t be updated, there is a chance that reinstalling and again installing the Avast app might help.
By reinstalling the app, the errors and malware in the app get fixed, and the app works smoothly.
How good is Avast antivirus for mobile phones?
Avast has always been one of the topmost antivirus applications for devices exposed to the public network.
What is the procedure to download and install the avast app on the smartphone?
Firstly, we go to the google play store and search for the avast antivirus app for android phones. On opening it, we get an option to install. We fill in the required details on opening it and then operate it as and when needed. After the installation process opts for the 'open' option.
On how many devices can one use avast?
People on up to ten devices can use Avast antivirus simultaneously.
Is it possible to transfer Avast antivirus from one device to another?
It is possible to transfer the avast from one device to another.
Can I share Avast subscription?
It is possible to share the family's subscription, which can activate at least 30 devices simultaneously.
Antiviruses are significant on your PC or mobile to safeguard them from any malware or viruses from third-party networks. Avast antivirus security application comes to the rescue, protecting the device from any issues and fixing it. The above fixes guide one when avast mobile virus definitions won’t update.
Mayank Parmar is a journalist covering technology news, but with a strong focus on Microsoft and Windows related stories.