While the inbuilt windows feature for security, windows defender is quite reliable. Still, if you surf and download files through the internet a lot, it is also better to have a third-party antivirus installed. Avast is one of the most renowned antivirus software these days. As reliable as it is, sometimes you can face the issue of Avast won’t open. The issue can arise due to corrupted installation or the startup service not running.
Try updating the software and even your windows or fixing the faulty startup to resolve the error. Despite the reason for the issue, Avast premier not opening this detailed guide will help you fix the issue completely.
Table of Contents
- 1 Fix Avast Won’t Open on Windows?
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Fix Avast Won’t Open on Windows?
One of the following methods will help you to resolve the frustrating error of Avast won’t open. So, let’s get into it.
Restart the Avast Antivirus Service
A faulty startup can also result in the error. To check and fix this,
- In the run search bar, enter services.msc
- A service window launches, here tap on Avast antivirus service from the list.
- Now, tap on properties in the pop-up menu and open the ‘Avast Antivirus Properties (Local Computer)’ dialog box.
- Navigate to ‘Startup type:’ and change it to automatic.
- Now stop the service status and restart it again after a few minutes. Press on apply and exit.
Restart the system and open Avast now to check if the error Avast will not open persists.
Fix the Avast Antivirus
Some users also said that repairing the software can easily resolve the can’t open Avast issue. To do so,
- In the search bar, enter control and open it.
- View by category and find ‘Programs and Features from the list.
- Locate Avast antivirus software and right tap on it.
- Tap on the ‘Uninstall/Repair‘ option from the context menu.
- Out of the four actions you can take in the new window, tap on ‘Repair‘ and click on next to begin.
- Wait for the repair to complete and click on finish
Now restart the system and reopen the software to check for the Avast won’t open error.
Remove Avast Antivirus software.
Unfortunately, if the methods mentioned above don’t work for you or you face high disk usage error, try removing the software and checking for the issue. To do so,
- Restart the system in Administrator mode.
- Go to the left pane and tap on the gear icon to open settings in the start menu.
- View by category and open apps to finally go to the apps and features section under it.
- Search for the Avast antivirus software and click to expand it
- Choose to uninstall and let the process occur, then exit.
Now reboot with proper boot devices to check for the Avast doesn’t open error.
Try Updating the Avast software.
One quick fix for Avast won’t open windows 10 can be to update the app. For updating, follow the steps,
- Right-tap on the Avast icon, and in the drop-down, select update
- Now go to the program tab and choose to check for updates feature
- Let the update happen and wait for the message your program is up to date.
- Now exit
Restart the program or windows to check for the Avast internet security won’t open error, and if it is still present, check for windows updates.
Reinstall the Antivirus
If you had to remove the software, then don’t worry. You can easily reinstall it again. To do this, open the browser and visit the official website, go to the install option, and follow the instructions.
Once installed, restart the system, and now launch it again to check for the Avast won’t open error.
How do I restart the Avast antivirus service?
In the run search bar, enter services.msc A service window launches, here tap on Avast antivirus service from the list. Now, tap on properties in the pop-up menu and open the 'Avast Antivirus Properties (Local Computer)' dialog box.
How do I resolve the Avast error that can't update virus definitions?
To resolve the error, you will have to reinstall the software. To do this, visit the official website, go to the install option, and follow the instructions. Once installed, restart the system and launch it again to check for the error.
With assistance from this guide, we hope you were able to resolve the frustrating Avast won’t open error. Now that you’ve dealt with all antivirus issues, get back to surfing the net securely. Happy surfing!
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.