There are many instances when we require to send documents as well as letters via emails. Also, many times we need to send a soft copy of articles or write-ups which can be important ones for us. After finding out a mistake or an error in that write-up, we wish if we could have rectified it beforehand. That is where we feel the need for the best grammar checker software.
Top 7 Best Grammar Checker Software
In this article, we have mentioned some of the best grammar checker software which can prove out to be highly useful when creating the write-ups.
Grammarly is the best tool available for checking the grammar of the writings and is extensively used across the world. The best feature of this software is that it monitors even small details such as punctuation marks and also recommends the changes.
Grammarly is also an excellent tool as it is available as a chrome plugin and can be used across a wide range of programs. It is supported by a lot of platforms such as Windows, Mac, Android, etc. and for the mobile users, it has an application dedicated to it which works as good as the plugin.
It also reviews the writings and provides you the number of words, sentences, and characters. Also, it provides you with the approximate read time of the article and hence you can edit the article as per the convenience.
- A straightforward but effective user interface makes it easy to use.
- The comprehensive stats are beneficial.
- The grammar checker is highly accurate.
- The Premium version is priced very high and is not affordable for all.
- The dictionary feature is missing.
Also Read – Best Video Converter Software for Windows
EssayPro is an online service which specialise on essay writing and can drastically reduce the chances of errors in your content by providing a dedicated mechanism for the checking of grammar. It also has an option of giving you the complete article which is written by an of expert writers in their respective fields. This software helps you to create a plagiarism free content which is up to the standards of English grammar. It also checks the passive voices and adverbs which make the sentences look unattractive, hence you can easily remove them.
- It provides plagiarism free content
- It also provides error-free content without any grammatical mistakes
- The punctuation mistakes are also accurately checked
- The pricing is somewhat above the average rates
If there is any tool which can be an alternative to Grammarly, then it is Ginger. It was developed as a startup by some Israeli techies and it has now become one of the best grammar checker software. This software supports almost 40 languages and works on Chrome Plugin.
As of recent developments, this software can be used as a browser plugin for most of the web browsers. The spelling errors are highlighted in blue while writing the text and the errors such as subject-verb agreement are highlighted in red.
Also, it provides a feature of a personal dictionary which contains the words that you know are not incorrect. This comes out handy when writing in languages other than English.
- A straightforward user interface makes it very easy to use.
- Multiple language support is beneficial for non-English speakers.
- The grammar checker is very accurate.
- The personal dictionary is helpful for the users.
- The speed of grammar check is very slow.
- The monthly subscription cost is very high.
If you want a software which can act as a vocabulary checker, grammar checker and a text translator tool, then Reverso is the best tool for you. It is the best grammar checker software which provides so many features in a single pack. It can be used as a web browser plugin and also via dedicated applications which are available on the Play Store as well as the iPhone store.
It also has a speech to text input system which makes it easy for the users to write the article as well. Also, it supports multiple languages such as German, Spanish, Hebrew, etc. and speech input works for each one of them. When an error is spotted, it is notified with appropriate suggestions which can be accepted or discarded.
- It is an excellent tool for working with languages other than English.
- The speech input is a great feature which saves time.
- The interface of the mobile application is straightforward to use.
- The word count limit is very less, that is 600 words.
- The speed of the software is very slow.
WhiteSmoke is one of the best grammar checking software which can be easily used by the writers to check the grammar of the text on the web browser. This is an excellent tool for the newer writers who find it difficult to afford the costly tools like Grammarly. WhiteSmoke supports multiple languages and can be a useful vocabulary checker.
The grammar checker finds out the errors in punctuation, subject-verb agreement and sentence structure band suggest the required corrections. Also, it saves space on the device by working only as a browser tool in the free version. It supports other platforms like Gmail, Word, etc. in the Business and Premium versions which are affordable when billed yearly.
- Accuracy of WhiteSmoke is very high and even punctuations can be tested.
- The user interface is straightforward and easy to use.
- The premium and business versions are affordable if based on the yearly payment.
- The speed is very slow while checking the article.
- The mobile application lags behind in many aspects.
6. Hemingway Editor
If you are a writer who often self-published the writings, then Hemingway Editor is the best grammar checker software which is quite affordable. It is a tool which allows you to get the complete stats about your writings and proofread them with ease.
While editing an article or a write-up, Such features of Hemingway Editor make it the best grammar checker software for self-editing. It also marks the sentence errors in red, passive voices in green color and adverbs in blue color, which enables the users to distinguish between the type of errors.
- Best grammar checker software for self-editing.
- Accurately finds errors with passive voices and adverbs.
- Distinct user interface.
- It doesn’t have many features as offered by others.
- It is very slow when working online.
7. Grammar Checker
Manually proofreading a lengthy document is impossible and so online proofreading is considered as an effective process. The Grammar Checker is a proofreader of the contents you create, similar to the MS Word grammar checker. There are many grammar checker applications to choose but Grammar Checker is a website which differs from them.
It allows you to enter their website without payment or installation or any signups which could be found rarely in other websites or applications. You can proofread your content based on sentence correction, punctuation check and grammar errors. It works on both US and UK English. It not only highlights the mistakes in the content but also provides suggestions to rectify it and works as a time saver.
Entering URL of the website, copying the content to the empty box with any one of the file formats such as .txt, .doc, .docx are the steps to make your English contents error-free in this tool. If proofreading is not done for the contents written then the work can be at stake. So, Grammar Checker is found beneficial to rectify errors within minutes without any payments.
- Ads Free
- Easy to Use Interface
These were the five best grammar checker software which has been tried and tested by a large number of users across the world. The list is not exhaustive, because there is other software as well; however, they are not as good as the ones mentioned above.
- 1 Top 7 Best Grammar Checker Software
- 2 Conclusion