Bluetooth is a feature that is common in many pcs these days. But sometimes, some issues such as Bluetooth headphones won’t connect to pc arise. This article will give you an idea to fix this issue.
Bluetooth is a feature that many devices, such as headphones, mic, mouse, etc., have to be able to build wireless connections. Bluetooth mice are much more common these days due to their flexibility. While being so advantageous, it cannot be delightful if the Windows 10 Bluetooth mouse stops working. Apart from Bluetooth mouse, Bluetooth headphones are used mostly. They are able to deliver high-quality sound without any wires. Nowadays, many PCs also have Bluetooth features in them to be able to connect to various Bluetooth devices. But they also face various issues.
Let’s see the various fixes you can make if your Bluetooth headphones won’t connect to pc.
Table of Contents
- 1 Methods To Fix Bluetooth Headphones Won’t Connect To Pc
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Methods To Fix Bluetooth Headphones Won’t Connect To Pc
Here are some of the fixes which you can try if your Bluetooth headphones won’t connect to pc.
Turn Off The Airplane Mode
Your PC will automatically turn off Bluetooth when it is in airplane mode. Thus, your Bluetooth headphones won’t connect to pc. To avoid this, make sure that the airplane mode is off. Follow the steps below to disable airplane mode:
- Press the Windows+ I keys together to open Settings.
- In the Settings window, select Network & Internet.
- Then, click on Airplane mode and turn it off.
Now turn on Bluetooth again and try to reconnect your Bluetooth headphones.
See Also: [FIXED] HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working
Turn Bluetooth On And Off
The easiest way to troubleshoot the issue of Bluetooth headphones not connecting to pc is by turning Bluetooth on and off. This method may fix this problem. Follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key and type Bluetooth in the search bar.
- From the lists of results that appear, select Bluetooth and other devices settings.
- Turn off Bluetooth under Bluetooth & other devices option.
- After you wait for a few seconds, turn on the Bluetooth again.
After following these steps, try to connect your Bluetooth headphones to pc.
Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
Alternatively, you can try the Windows Troubleshooter to see if it can fix the Bluetooth issue. You can try the steps below if your Bluetooth headphones won’t connect to pc.
- Press the Windows + I keys together to open Settings.
- Click the Update & Security option from the window.
- Now, select Troubleshoot and then click on Additional troubleshooters.
- In the window under the Find and fix other problems option, select Bluetooth and then select Run the troubleshooter.
- Then, follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Now after running the troubleshooter, restart your computer. Then, try reconnecting your Bluetooth headphones to see if the problem is fixed. Read this article, if your headphones are not working in Windows 10.
Update Your Drivers
Bluetooth driver is a program that enables Bluetooth devices to communicate with your operating system. So, if your driver is corrupted or outdated or faulty, your Bluetooth headphones won’t connect to pc. Thus, you need to update your driver to solve this issue. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R keys at the same time.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box and select Ok.
- In the Device Manager window, expand the Bluetooth option and select your headphones.
- Right-click on it and select Update driver from the menu.
- Then, select the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Select the path for the driver you downloaded.
- Finally, click on Next to complete the update.
After the update is done, restart your computer and check if the issue has been resolved. You can also use a third-party tool such as DriverFix to install and update the correct driver.
Enable Bluetooth Support Service
Microsoft’s Bluetooth support service provides a platform for discovering and configuring remote Bluetooth devices. If you disable this service, your Bluetooth headphones won’t connect to pc. You need to follow the steps below to fix this issue:
- Press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc and select Ok.
- In the Services window, right-click on the Bluetooth Support Service and select Properties from the menu.
- On the General tab, select the drop-down menu under Startup type, and change it to Automatic. Then select Start.
- Wait a few seconds to start the service and then select OK to save changes.
After following these steps, restart your computer and check if the issue is solved.
Remove And Reconnect Your Bluetooth Headphones
When you pair your Bluetooth headphones with your computer, but the connection does not establish, you may run into a software glitch. Sometimes, Bluetooth cannot detect devices on windows 10. It can happen due to outdated or corrupted drivers, faulty hardware, or loose connections. To resolve this issue, you will need to remove and reconnect your Bluetooth headphones to establish a new connection. Follow the steps below:
- In the Windows search bar, type Bluetooth.
- From the lists of results, select Bluetooth and other devices settings.
- Under Bluetooth & other devices option, select your Bluetooth headphones and select Remove device.
- Then select Yes to confirm.
Wait for the action to complete, and then again, try to reconnect your Bluetooth headphones. You can follow these steps if your Bluetooth headphones won’t connect to pc.
Why won't my Bluetooth headphones connect to Windows 10?
If your laptop can't find the Bluetooth headphones, you should also verify that you have correctly followed the pairing steps. Follow these steps to resolve the issue: Open Settings and click on Devices. Click on Bluetooth & other devices and turn on the Bluetooth toggle switch.
Why won't my PC detect my Bluetooth headphones?
Ensure your Bluetooth device is turned on, that it is charged or has fresh batteries, and that it is within range of your PC. Try turning your Bluetooth device off, waiting a few seconds, then turning it back on again. Be sure to be within Bluetooth range.
Why won't my computer find my earbuds?
In Windows 10, Your computer not recognizing your headphones is a common issue. There may be several causes of this problem, including faulty USB ports, the problem with the headphones themselves, or a corrupt or outdated driver.
Why are my Bluetooth headphones not showing up as an audio device?
Make sure the Media Audio setting on your Bluetooth headphones is turned on if you are not hearing anything. With your Bluetooth headphones connected, go to Settings, and click Bluetooth. Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list. On the next screen, make sure that Media Audio is turned ON.
Bluetooth has made our life more convenient and easier for our daily lives. But sometimes, you may face issues with your Bluetooth devices. This article shall help you to fix if your Bluetooth headphones won’t connect to pc. By following these fixes, you can easily resolve this issue and can enjoy your Bluetooth devices.
As a technology news reporter based in India with diverse knowledge of covering stories for Microsoft products, my job at ValidEdge is to bring the latest fixes of Windows Errors and even of other errors in a precise and unbiased way.
My experience includes managing technology websites, writing/editing articles, and delivering well-researched how-to guides in a timely manner.