Updated your PS4 for a smoother experience but got a PS4 error ce347880? The error is widespread after updating your PS4, but the primary problem is how you will resolve it.
The easiest way to fix the ps4 error ce347880 is by checking the folder and file names or hard resetting your PlayStation. You can also choose to reinstall the updated system on your own or choose to update the PS4 in safe mode.
To know the best and most accessible solution for the PlayStation error ce347880 that saves you time and guides you to your solution, read the detailed article below.
This Blog: Methods To Fix PS4 Error su424819
Table of Contents
- 1 Troubleshoot The PS4 Error ce347880
- 1.1 Check The Folder Names And File Names
- 1.2 Hard Resetting Your PlayStation
- 1.3 To Remove The Error ce347880, Reinstall The Updated System
- 1.4 Update The PS4 In Safe Mode
- 1.5 Reinstall The Advanced PS4 Firmware To Remove Error ce347880
- 1.6 Clean PS4 HDD To Remove Error ce347880
- 1.7 Clearing The Cache Of Your PS4 To Remove Error ce347880
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Troubleshoot The PS4 Error ce347880
Let’s discuss troubleshooting of ps4 error ce347880.
Check The Folder Names And File Names
The most common mistake people usually commit while downloading the latest PS4 system is writing the wrong file names and folder names. It would help if you wrote the folder and file names in uppercase. Most users can find their issues being resolved by just checking their file names and correcting them to the ones mentioned on the official website of PlayStation. If your update file cannot be used ce347880, follow the given steps.
How can you do it:
- You can check that you downloaded the correct files by checking the latest update section on the official PS4 updates website.
- In case of reinstallation, check the official reinstallation website of PS4.
Check This Out: 4 Ways to Fix PS4 Corrupted Database/Data Error
Hard Resetting Your PlayStation
Another one of the most reliable ways to solve the error message being displayed is by hard resetting your PlayStation. Due to numerous reasons, such as network interruption or a damaged USB drive, your installation process can get hindered, thus giving you a ce347880 error message. Closely follow the steps below for the error message’s smooth removal.
How Can You Do It :
- Hold the power button until the entire system shuts down.
- Disconnect your PS4 and click the power button two or three times
- Reconnect the power supply and let the LED color change white orange
- Startup Your PS4 And See The Error Message disappear.
To Remove The Error ce347880, Reinstall The Updated System
Does the error message persist even after trying all the above methods? One thing that you should note before using this method is that this may result in the deletion of all the saved data of your games. In that case, you can reinstall the updated system from the official PS4 websites that list the correct files and versions, along with the step-by-step tutorial.
How to remove the ce347880 error:
- Use a fully formatted USB device.
- Go to settings and select the backup PS4 option, and press X.
- Let your PS4 restart and transfer your data.
- Create a new folder in your computer named “PS4,” and inside, create another folder named “UPDATE.”
- Download the updated version from the official PS$ website and save it to the UPDATE folder with the name “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
- Transfer the PS4 folder to your USB device’s root folder from your computer system.
- Turn on your PS4 and select the System Software Update option from the settings.
- If you correctly label the folders and files, the PS4 should automatically recognize the updated files.
Update The PS4 In Safe Mode
If your problem persists, you should try the method many gamers found useful by updating the PS4 in safe mode. This relatively safer method to fix the ce347880 error in ps4 and can help you solve your issue. Updating the PS4 in safe mode is one of the most trusted methods to troubleshoot this problem efficiently.
How can you do it :
- Switch off your console by holding down the power button for 7-8 seconds
- After you hear a beeping sound, choose the update option
- Select the USB so that it recognizes the updated files.
See Also:- Fix: Mac Won’t Start in Safe Mode? [Complete Guide]
Reinstall The Advanced PS4 Firmware To Remove Error ce347880
You can download the update file from the official PlayStation website, but the PS4 may fail to recognize the operating system after the update, resulting in an error message. As a result, if you have changed your HardDrive, you must completely reinstall the Software System from the PS4 website to ensure that the Operating system is functioning properly. To remove the ce347880 error:
- Download the latest version from the official PlayStation website by clicking the “PS4 System Software Reinstallation File.”
- Save the downloaded files in the FAT 32 formatted USB file.
- Shut down the PS4 by pressing the power button for 7-8 seconds.
- Connect the USB cable to the dual shock four wireless controllers. On the controller, press the PS button. Then select the “Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)” button.
- Click on the install with USB button and follow the instructions.
- Check and see whether the error ce347880 issue is resolved.
Clean PS4 HDD To Remove Error ce347880
Apart from the operating system, another aspect that determines the troubleshooting of the error ce347880 message is the HDD of a device. Poor HDD leads to performance-based errors and can take a relatively long time to resolve.
How can you do it:
- After you have turned off your PS4, remove your hard drive.
- Clean the hard drive part that connects to the console’s port.
- Clean the console port where the hard disc is connected.
Clearing The Cache Of Your PS4 To Remove Error ce347880
If all of the above methods still fail, there is no better solution than deleting your device’s cache. It helps to resolve the updated file error in PS4. Clearing the cache helps the user to delete the temporary not-in-use data from the console and fix the ce347880 error message.
How can you do it:
- Hold the power button for 7-8 seconds to turn off your PS4
- Let the power indicator light turn off
- Remove the PS4 power cord from the console and hold it for 30 seconds.
- Turn on your PlayStation after putting the power cord back in the same place.
What does error CE 34788 0 mean on PS4?
This generally happens when you enter incorrect folder names and file names. So, please recheck your downloaded files' names and folder names to resolve the ce347880 error. You can either reinstall the entire system or rename all the files and folders.
Why do I keep getting error CE348780?
If you continuously keep getting the ce3487880 error during your gameplay, it usually means that the current game you are playing has crashed.
How do I fix system software if an error has occurred on PS4?
The easiest way to fix such an error is by reinstalling the PS4 latest version in safe mode. Many game players find this solution reliable and have made it the widely used method to troubleshoot errors.
Why does my PS4 say Cannot update?
If your PS4 cannot update the system, make sure that your USB device is formatted into FAT or exFAT format. If this doesn’t resolve your problem recheck your file names and folder names.
We hope that you were able to troubleshoot your PS4 error ce347880 using one of the methods mentioned above and found the article helpful. Please help us improve our article by telling us about other methods that helped you solve your problem. Tell us which method helped you resolve your error in the comments below. Click this link for easy fixes if your device can not start to prevent errors while browsing.
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.