Then,You can see the error notice “c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable” when logging into the Windows operating system. This tutorial offers you a variety of answers.
Following a Windows 10 update, the following problem could show up: c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is not accessible. You can restore the default path, and the desktop location can be checked using the registry editor, run the system file checker, and other fixes for this issue.
Learn how to resolve c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop not accessible by visiting this guide.
Table of Contents
- 1 Solutions To Fix c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop Is Unavailable
- 1.1 Start Windows Explorer again
- 1.2 Bringing Back The Default Path
- 1.3 Duplicate The Default Desktop Folder
- 1.4 Use Registry Editor To Check The Desktop Location
- 1.5 Create A New User Account
- 1.6 Use And Launch System File Checker
- 1.7 To Solve The Unavailable Desktop, Run Windows Update
- 1.8 Use The Disc Check Feature
- 1.9 Revert Windows 10 To A Previous Version
- 1.10 Reinstall Windows
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Regardless of whether you are using Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, or Server 2016, you could get annoyed while dealing with this issue. Fortunately, you may fix the unavailable desktop location problem using the below methods.
Start Windows Explorer again
A flawed Windows Explorer process could also factor in error above. But you can quickly resolve the c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is an unavailable problem by restarting Windows Explorer.
- Press Shift, Ctrl, and Esc at the exact moment to start Task Manager.
- Select Windows Explorer by right-clicking it in the Processes tab.
- Click Restart as displayed.
You will now delete all corrupt files connected to the Windows Explorer.
Bringing Back The Default Path
The system cannot link to its default location when the error – c windows system32 config system profile desktop is inaccessible Windows 7/8/10 occurs. Resetting the location might help you in this situation.
What you should do is as follows:
- To launch Windows Explorer, simultaneously press your keyboard’s Win + E buttons.
- Right-click Desktop and select Properties after clicking This PC to extend the list.
- Tap the Restore Default option under the Location tab.
- To save the modification, select Apply and then OK.
Duplicate The Default Desktop Folder
Reestablishing the Desktop folder or altering your Desktop’s path to C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile appears to work nicely, according to user input.
Here are some simple actions to take:
- To open Windows Explorer, press Win + E.
- Select the Hidden items checkbox under the View tab.
- Paste the Desktop folder into the address box after typing C:usersDefault.
- Paste the copied folder into C: WindowsSystem32ConfigSystemProfile.
- Restart your computer to check whether the c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error has been resolved.
Use Registry Editor To Check The Desktop Location
you can use Windows Registry Editor to examine the location of the procedures mentioned above does not resolve the system profile Desktop is unavailable windows 10 issue.
The steps are as follows:
- To open the Run dialogue box, press Win + R.
- To start Registry Editor, type Regedit into the box and click OK.
- Open the User Shell Folders path on your computer: ComputerHKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion.
- Double-click Desktop and confirm that its value information is either C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Desktop or %USERPROFILE%\Desktop.
- Press OK. Attempt rebooting your computer to see if the problem still exists.
Create A New User Account
You can try making a new account and transferring your old data to cure c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable.
Using Windows 10 as an illustration:
- You can open the run by pressing Win + R.
- To launch Command Prompt with administrative permissions, type cmd and then Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Type control userpasswords2 into the CMD window and hit Enter.
- Select the Add button in the pop-up box.
- Choose to Log in without having a Microsoft account from the new window (not advisable).
- Click Local account.
- Enter the username, password, and hint.
- Press Finish.
- Click the new account and select Properties to grant it admin permissions.
- Select Administrator under Group Membership, then save the modification.
- Restart your computer and sign in using the new account.
It won’t say that c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. you can then move the previous account’s files to the new account.
Use And Launch System File Checker
As was already said, corrupted system files cause the error “desktop refers to a location that is inaccessible” or the problem with the system profile Desktop being unavailable. Therefore, you can use System File Checker in Windows 10/8/7 to check for corruption and repair damaged system files.
- While holding down the Ctrl and Shift keys, type cmd into the Run box and hit Enter.
- Enter SFC /scannow and press Enter.
- Delay for a while. Once the scan is complete, end the CMD session.
The problem, “c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable”, could arise from an incomplete or unsuccessful Windows update installation. So, you may manually update your system.
- Use Media Creation Tool to convert an ISO file into a bootable USB device.
- Insert the device and use Win + E to open it in File Explorer.
- Click setup.exe twice.
- Select Upgrade this PC right away.
- After that, complete the in-place upgrade by following the on-screen instructions.
Use The Disc Check Feature
You can also use the disc check command to repair corrupt files on your system drives.
- Open File Explorer by simultaneously hitting Windows and E.
- Go to This PC and choose the Local Disk (C:) drive with the right click.
- Choose the Properties option, as indicated by the highlighting.
- At this point, select the Tools tab and click Check, as displayed below.
- Select Scan Drive from this page.
- After completing the scanning procedure, watch for the notification stating that you successfully scanned the drive.
Revert Windows 10 To A Previous Version
According to some customers, rolling back to a previous version of Windows 10 can assist fix the windows 10 desktop not found. You can use this fix if you cannot locate the Desktop following an upgrade.
- To open Windows Settings, press Win + I.
- Select Recovery under Update & Security.
- From the Go back to an earlier edition of Windows 10, choose to Get Started.
- Complete the rollback procedures by referring to the on-screen wizard.
The final option is to reinstall Windows 10/8/7 if none of the above methods work to resolve the c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. There are numerous ways to reinstall Windows, including resetting your computer (which gives you the choice of keeping your files or deleting them altogether), using the Fresh Start feature, or performing a clean install using a bootable disc or USB stick.
FAQs[&System32&][&config&][&SystemProfile&][&Desktop&] refers to a location that is unavailable.” Your system files have been corrupted if the system profile desktop is not accessible. The issue typically occurs following a Windows update or an abrupt system crash.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”What does it mean when systemprofile is not accessible windows 10?” answer-1=”If you cannot access the system profile desktop, your system files may be corrupted. After a Windows 10 update or a system crash, the problem occurs. Since the default desktop profile cannot be found in the location supplied, you cannot launch the desktop.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”Why is the windows 10 update desktop unavailable?” answer-2=”Following a Windows 10 update, the following problem could appear: c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. If the disc is on the drive, make sure the drive is plugged in, and the disc is in the drive.” image-2=”” headline-3=”h3″ question-3=”How can I solve Windows 10’s missing desktop folder?” answer-3=”Complete the Method 1: Full System Shutdown. 2: Build the missing Desktop folder using the Windows GUI. 3: Use Advanced Startup Options to create the missing Desktop folder. 4: Revert Windows to an earlier release. 5: Remove the most recent update from Advanced Startup Options.” image-3=”” count=”4″ html=”true” css_class=””]
You ought to be free of the “c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable” message after attempting the techniques above. You can also find other frequently asked questions about c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop being unavailable here. Also, click here to fix Windows Key that is not working on your Windows 10.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂