This article is of a solution for How to fix dev error 6068 in 8 different methods. Every gamer would have come across this modern warfare dev error 6068 while playing Call of Duty, this article is for them.
Oftentimes, modern warfare players suffer from Dev Error 6068, which has multiple causes, including corruption of DirectX installation files, corrupt Windows system files, and corrupted game files.
If you are new to operating computers and especially when you do not have enough experience with them, errors can be even more frustrating. In this guide, we will share some methods to fix errors and provide more information on Call of Duty MW errors.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Reason Behind Errors Like Dev Error 6068
- 2 How to Fix Dev Error 6068
- 2.1 Method 1: Running the Modern Warfare as Administrator
- 2.2 Method 2: By Slightly Tweaking Graphics
- 2.3 Method 3: Adjusting Ray Tracing, Cross-Play, and G-Sync
- 2.4 Method 4: Setting the Game to Priority
- 2.5 Method 5: Update Windows and Drivers
- 2.6 Method 6: Turn off Unnecessary Programs
- 2.7 Method 7: Repair the Call of Duty Game Files
- 2.8 Method 8: Try Reinstalling the Game
- 2.9 Check your RAM
- 3 FAQ’s
- 4 Conclusion
The Reason Behind Errors Like Dev Error 6068
It would be great if you spare a minute to read this information as it may help if you get rid of the error when playing other games too.
Multiple users have reported the Dev Error 6068 error displays because of a few issues with graphics settings, or maybe your system doesn’t have that much hardware potential to run the game. Moreover, Settings that are non-optimal and configuration settings can also be a possible cause. The error may cause PC freeze and random reboot during gameplay.
- Issues with graphics settings
- Problems with game configuration and optimal settings
- The system doesn’t satisfy the minimum setup of the game
Certainly, there are similar types of errors like Dev error 6068, as follows:
- Dev Error 6068 Warzone
- Warzone fix
- Warzone Reddit
- R9 390
- DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error
- Dev error 6068 5700xt
- Modern warfare march 2020
- Cod warzone fix
- Directx error 6068
How to Fix Dev Error 6068
Now we can see how to fix Dev error 6068 step by step with different methods.
Method 1: Running the Modern Warfare as Administrator
Launching the Modern Warfare with the administrator can solve Dev error 6068 because specific files need admin permission to run correctly.
- Firstly, Open the Battle.net launcher.
- Open the Call of Duty page.
- Click on Options, then Show in Explorer.
- Scroll down and find ModernWarfare.exe.
- Right-click the ModernWarfare.exe file and select Run as administrator.
- Meanwhile, run Call of Duty Modern Warefare and see if the issue has been resolved.
Method 2: By Slightly Tweaking Graphics
- Launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Open Options and then Graphics.
- Set every option to the lowest setting.
Method 3: Adjusting Ray Tracing, Cross-Play, and G-Sync
For Ray Tracing;
- Firstly, launch Modern Warfare and open Options, then Graphics.
- Go to Shadow & Lighting and disable DirectX Raytracing.
- If your system has an NVIDIA graphics card and G-Sync-compatible monitor, right-click the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Secondly, extend the Display tab in the left-hand menu, then click on Set up G-Sync
- Uncheck Enable G-Sync.
Method 4: Setting the Game to Priority
Another way of solving cod mv Dev Error 6068 is by putting the game on top of the priority list using task manager. So that Modern Warfare can use its complete memory resources.
- Firstly, Press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
- Secondly, From the list, choose Task Manager.
- Under the process tab, locate call of duty modern warfare.
- Once you find it, right-click on it; from the menu list, select Go to details.
- Right-click on the Call of Duty.
- In conclusion, select Priority and choose High.
Save the changes and check if the error 6068 appears.
Method 5: Update Windows and Drivers
Keeping your Windows version and Drivers to its latest version can help eliminate error 6068. To ensure whether your PC has the latest update, follow these steps.
- Firstly, press the Windows key and type Updates.
- Click Check for updates.
- If there are any updates, select Download.
- Follow the steps and complete the update.
- Restart your PC and check if Error 6068 in modern warfare is solved.
Certainly, the above methods give you a slight idea of how to fix dev error 6068.
Method 6: Turn off Unnecessary Programs
Turning off unnecessary programs will use system resources more efficiently and most importantly it will try to avoid Dev Error 6068.
- Close any programs that are open and the ones you are not using.
- Secondly, Open the tray icon with the upward arrow at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Right-click and close any programs that you don’t want to run.
- Furthermore, right-click the Taskbar.
- Go to Processes and check any unnecessary programs that running behind.
- Right-click the program and select End task.
Note: Ensure that you are closing programs that are not important; don’t close any critical programs that are running behind that will certainly lead to system failure.
Method 7: Repair the Call of Duty Game Files
As with any game, the Call of Duty game files can go corrupted during the process of installation. By using the battle net launcher, you can scan and repair the desired game files that are corrupted.
- Firstly, Open the battle.net launcher, and locate the Call of duty Page
- Secondly, Click on options and Press Scan and Repair option.
- And then Begin Scan.
Method 8: Try Reinstalling the Game
Sometimes a simple solution can make results brighter. If some methods do not fetch you the results which you wanted, also try reinstalling the game.
- Firstly, Start battle.net, click COD Modern Warfare.
- Secondly, click options and select uninstall.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, do restart your computer.
- And after that, launch battle.net and search COD modern warfare and install it.
See if the Dev error 6068 goes away.
Check your RAM
The most common cause of this error is due to incompatible RAM. Meanwhile, it’s pretty uncertain how RAM causes the problem, but many gamers have claimed that installing a newer version of RAM on their PC has to fetch good results. You can try that too.
How to lower my ping in Modern Warfare?
To bring down your Ping, you can; remove other devices connected to the network; Whitelist the COD MW in firewall and antivirus.
How do I fix Error 6068?
You can ; * Repair the call of duty game files * Running the Modern Warfare as Administrator * Turning off unnecessary Programs * Setting the game to priority * By optimizing the graphics * Reinstalling the game * Updating windows files * Adjusting Ingame options, ray tracing and etc
Do I need high-end graphics to play COD Modern Warfare?
For playing Modern Warfare, your system should meet minimum requirements like 8GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 or AMD R9 390 GPU; 8GB of RAM; 246GB of HD space.
In conclusion, by using the above methods, you can resolve the Dev error 6068. Each user will experience a different level of success based on their own system. Use the above methods in a hit-and-trial manner testing, which one performs best for you and have a seamless gaming experience without any errors.
Mauro Huculak is a technical writer. His primary focus is to write comprehensive how-tos to help users get the most out of Windows 10 and its many related technologies. He has an IT background with professional certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, and CompTIA, and he’s a recognized member of the Microsoft MVP community.