Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application: A digital TV tuner allows your digital TV to receive digital TV signals broadcast on your local TV stations.
Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application: Press Windows + R, type cpl in the Run dialog, and press Enter. Click Turn Windows features on or off in the left panel, then Click Media Features and uncheck Windows Media Player and Media Features. Click OK to save the changes
Suppose your device has a label of Integrated Digital Tuner, Digital Tuner, or Digital Receiver, etc. In that case, it is for sure that the device has a built-in digital TV tuner.
What Is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
Most people encountering the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application error have no clue. Hence, it is essential to know where the issue lies before trying to fix the error.
It is a scheduled task and part of the Windows Media Centre. You can use this feature to directly watch digital TV channels from your local cable TV provider on your computer system.Also, read about Avast digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
Benefits of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
There are several benefits to registering your digital TV tuner device:
- Improved signal quality: By registering your digital TV tuner device, you may receive a more robust and stable signal, improving the overall quality of your television viewing experience.
- Access to more channels: Specific channels or programming may only be available to register digital TV tuner devices. Registering your device allows you to access a broader range of programming options.
- Compliance with regulations: In some countries, it is required by law to register your digital TV tuner device. By registering your device, you can ensure you comply with all relevant regulations and avoid fines or penalties.
- Enhanced security: Registering your digital TV tuner device can help to ensure that only authorized devices can access specific digital television signals. This can help to improve the overall security of the television broadcasting system.
- Improved technical support: By registering your digital TV tuner device, you may be able to access enhanced technical support and assistance if you experience any issues with your device. This can help ensure you can continue enjoying your television programming without interruptions.
What Causes the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error?
Software generally comes pre-installed on your computer system, which creates a process known as ehprivjob.exe on your computer system. This non-system process is a significant cause behind the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error on your computer system.
Hence, this program generally creates a lot of invalid entries due to a fragmented registry and thus slows down the computer system.
How to Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
There are various methods to fix this error, and we have discussed all the ways in detail below.
If one of the methods fails for you, please try the other methods, as all of the methods are independent.
Method #1 Use the Resource Manager and End the Process
A good idea to fix the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is to end the process that causes this issue, the ehprivjob.exe process. The steps to fix this issue using this method are as follows:
- Open up the Windows Task Manager on your computer system. You can use the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to open it.
- Click on the Performance tab and open the Resource Monitor in the window.
- Find the ehprivjob.exe process under the Processes tab and end it. To stop the process, select the process and click on the End Process option. Click on the OK button and then exit the Windows Task Manager. Now, restart the computer system so the new settings can take effect.
We highly recommend this method to fix the error. But, if it does not work on your computer system, you can try the other techniques discussed below.
Method #2 Turn the Windows Features Off Using the Control Panel
To fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application, you may try turning off the Windows feature that provides the digital TV tuner application on the computer system. You can follow these steps to turn the feature off:
- Open the Control Panel on your computer system. You may use the keyboard shortcut or use the Start button.
- In the Control Panel window, select the Programs and Features option.
- Click on the Turn Windows Feature On or Off option.
- Select Media Features and expand the list by clicking on the expand icon. Find the Windows Media Center option and uncheck it.
Now, click on the OK button. Restart your system so that the new settings may take effect.
If this method does not fix the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application, you may try the methods given below.
Method #3 Disable Any Scheduled Tasks
A task with the name ehdrminit is one of the major causes of this issue. Hence, disabling this scheduled task can help in fixing the error. You can follow these simple steps to disable the process:
- Click on the Start button and select the Task Scheduler option.
- The Task Scheduler option window will be opened. You can use the keyboard shortcut as well. Click on Library, and then open the Microsoft folder.
Now, open the Windows folder and disable the ehdrminit task. Close all the folders and then restart your computer system.
With this method, it is possible to fix the error. However, other methods have also been discussed below.
Method #4 Delete the DRM Folder
The issue can be easily fixed by deleting all the contents in the DRM folder. The steps that should be followed are:
Open My Computer on your computer system. Select the Programs option and then click on the Data folder.
Now, open the Microsoft folder and select the Windows option. Delete the DRM folder present there.
Restart your computer system so that the settings may take effect. It is important to mention that this method may or may not work in all computer systems. Hence, you should use the next method for sure.
Method #5 Uninstall the TV Tuner
If you haven’t been able to fix the issue until now, the best solution would be to uninstall the TV Tuner. The steps to uninstall the digital TV tuner from the computer system are as follows:
- Open the Control Panel on your computer system. If no tuner is present in your computer system, there will be no Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application.
- Click on the Programs and Features option.
Open the Installed Programs and select Digital TV Tuner. Uninstall the program and follow the steps as directed. Once the process is finished, restart the computer system.
Why do I need to register my digital TV tuner device?
In some countries, digital TV tuner devices are required to be registered to receive certain types of digital television signals. This may be done to ensure that only authorized devices can receive the signals or to ensure that the device meets certain technical standards.
What is the process to register my digital TV tuner device?
The process for registering a digital TV tuner device may vary depending on the country and the specific requirements in place. In some cases, you may need to register your device online, while in other cases, you may need to submit a paper application or visit a government office. To guarantee that your equipment is properly registered, you must follow the exact instructions supplied by the applicable regulatory body or broadcaster.
Is there a fee associated with registering my digital TV tuner device?
There may be some cases where some amount of money may be associated with registering a digital TV tuner device. The amount of money may change based on the country and the specific requirements in place. It is important to check with the relevant regulatory agency or broadcaster for information on any fees that may apply.
Can I use my digital TV tuner device without registering it?
In some cases, you may be able to use a digital TV tuner device without registering it. However, you may not be able to receive certain types of digital television signals or you may be subject to fines or other penalties if you use an unregistered device. It is important to follow the specific requirements in your country to ensure that you are using your digital TV tuner device legally.
The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is one of the weirdest errors because it may occur anytime. This may happen while watching a video, playing a game, or anything else. It slows down the computer system, so getting rid of this error is necessary. The methods discussed in this article shall help you fix the error.
Gravit Sinha: Founder of ValidEdge, a problem-solving website, driven by his lifelong passion for fixing issues.