Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application: A digital TV tuner allows your digital TV to receive digital TV signals broadcast on your local TV stations. Suppose your device has a label of Integrated Digital Tuner, Digital Tuner, or Digital Receiver, etc. In that case, it is for sure that the device has a built-in digital TV tuner.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
- 2 What Causes the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error?
- 3 How to Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
- 4 Conclusion
What is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
The majority of the people who come across the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application error have no clue. Hence, it is essential to know where the issue lies before trying to fix the error. It is a scheduled task and is a part of the Windows Media Centre. You can use this feature to watch digital TV channels straight away from your local cable TV provider on your computer system directly.
What Causes the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error?
Software generally comes pre-installed on your computer system, which creates a process known as ehprivjob.exe on your computer system. This is a non-system process that is a significant cause behind the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error on your computer system. Hence, this program generally creates a lot of invalid entries due to a fragmented registry and thus slows down the computer system.
How to Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
There are various methods to fix this error, and we have discussed all the ways in detail below. If one of the methods fails for you, please try the other methods as all of the methods are independent methods.
Method #1 Use the Resource Manager and End the Process
A good idea to fix the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is to end the process that causes this issue, the ehprivjob.exe process. The steps to fix this issue using this method are:
- Open up the Windows Task Manager on your computer system. You can use the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to open it.
- Click on the Performance tab and open the Resource Monitor in the window.
- Find the ehprivjob.exe process under the Processes tab and end it.
- To stop the process, select the process and click on the End Process option.
- Click on the OK button and then exit the Windows Task Manager.
- Now, restart the computer system so that the new settings may take effect.
We highly recommend this method to fix the error. But, if it does not work on your computer system, you can try the other techniques discussed below.
Method #2 Turn the Windows Features Off Using Control Panel
To fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application, you may try turning off the Windows feature which provides the digital TV tuner application on the computer system. You can follow these steps to turn the feature off:
- Open the Control Panel on your computer system. You may use the keyboard shortcut or use the Start button.
- In the Control Panel window, select Programs and Features option.
- Click on the Turn Windows Feature On or Off option.
- Now, select Media Features and expand the list by clicking on the expand icon.
- Find the Windows Media Center option and uncheck it.
- Now, click on the OK button.
- Restart your system so that the new settings may take effect.
If this method does not fix the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application, you may try the methods given below.
Check Out – 7 Best Ways to Fix 500 Internal Server Error
Method #3 Disable Any Scheduled Tasks
A task with the name ehdrminit is one of the major causes of this issue. Hence, disabling this scheduled task can help in fixing the error. You can follow these simple steps to disable the process:
You Might Be Facing: Video Scheduler Internal Error in Windows 10
- Click on the Start button and select Task Scheduler option.
- The Task Scheduler option window will be opened. You can use the keyboard shortcut as well.
- Click on Library, and then open the Microsoft folder.
- Now, open the Windows folder and disable the ehdrminit task.
- Close all the folders and then restart your computer system.
By this method, it is possible to fix the error. However, other methods have also been discussed below.
Method #4 Delete the DRM Folder
The issue can be easily fixed by deleting all the contents in the DRM folder. The steps that should be followed are:
- Open My Computer on your computer system.
- Select the Programs option and then click on the Data folder.
- Now, open the Microsoft folder and select the Windows option.
- Delete the DRM folder present there.
- Restart your computer system so that the settings may take effect.
It is important to mention here that this method may or may not work in all computer systems. Hence, you should use the next method for sure.
Method #5 Uninstall the TV Tuner
If you haven’t been able to fix the issue until now, the best solution would be to uninstall the TV Tuner. The steps to uninstall the digital TV tuner from the computer system are:
Open the Control Panel on your computer system. If no tuner is present in your computer system, there will be no Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application.
- Click on Programs and Features option.
- Open the Installed Programs and select Digital TV Tuner.
- Uninstall the program and follow the steps as directed.
- Once the process is finished, restart the computer system.
The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is one of the weirdest errors because it may occur at any time. This may happen while watching a video, playing a game, or anything else. It slows down the computer system, and hence it is necessary to get rid of this error. The methods discussed in this article shall help you to fix the error for sure.