DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is an error shown in the Google Chrome; the error mostly arises due to the incorrect or misconfiguration of the DNS Settings of your Internet Network. If you are facing such an issue with your chrome browser, then you can rejoice now because DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN Chrome error can be solved quickly using the few methods which we will list here including the complete steps on how to do of Each one.
Why “DNS_PROBE_ FINISHED_ NXDOMAIN Error Occur”?
This Popular Google Chrome Error the Code of which is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN or DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN pop-ups most frequently when you have an issue with your Internet network or DNS Settings. So, when you are trying to surf a website, then it shows a message that “This site can’t be reached” along with an error code saying “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.”
You Might Face This: This Site Cannot Be Reached in Google Chrome
Usually, the main reason behind this Error in Google Chrome is the misconfiguration of DNS settings which gets resolved with a few easy methods.
It is the Domain Name Servers (DNS) that are responsible for redirecting a particular Domain name to its respective IP Addresses. Also, when the server fails to complete this task or the Domain Name to IP Redirection fails, that is when the NXDOMAIN Error appears. This error code stands for a Non-Existent Domain.
How to Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_NXDomain
DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error is most usually encountered in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and even in MACs or Android Phones with Google Chrome Browser and maybe sometimes in other internet browsers. So now we can look at the best and most easy methods proven to resolve the DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error.
Method 1: Resetting the Winsock Program
Resetting the Winsock Program will help you to Solve the DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error fast and efficiently. Now, this works in almost all of these cases, and it’s effortless to execute.
Winsock is a programming interface and one of the supporting programs that handle the input and output requests particularly for Internet applications in the Windows operating systems. So maybe, sometimes its misconfiguration can result in this error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. Resetting the Winsock will help you solve this error. This process is easy and straightforward. Follow the steps given below to Reset Winsock to fix the DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error.
If You Are Facing: Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing? Here’s How to Fix It
1. Initially, click on Windows button & Search for CMD, then select Command Prompt from the search result.
2. Right click on it and then select the Run as administrator option.
3. A Command Prompt window will open. Enter the following Command.
netsh winsock reset
4. Paste the above command or write it in the Command Prompt and then Press Enter.
5. The command will take just a few seconds to process, and then You will receive a Success Message after the process.
6. Finally, Restart your Computer to make sure the Changes are saved.
After the Winsock Program has been reset, try surfing the internet using Google Chrome. Also, the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error would have been fixed by now, and the message would have disappeared.
Tip: If you are facing the same issue of DNS probe finished no internet issue on the mac then follow all these steps in your MAC by running the alternative command c:\ root netsh winsock reset.
Method 2: Using Command Prompt
There are different Commands available to Flush the DNS settings or renew, or release, etc. Using these commands, the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error can be fixed in most cases. In case the first Method didn’t work, then you must try this. Here we have a few more essential commands including the one we mentioned earlier to Reset Winsock. These may help us resolve the DNS probe finished error on your chrome browser. Follow the given easy steps to troubleshoot the error using the command prompt:
1. At First, Click on the Windows Key and Search for cmd, then you will receive Command Prompt as the search result. Now, right click on it and select the Run as administrator option.
2. Now, the Command Prompt window will open.
3. Type in the Commands given below and then run them one by one in Command prompt. Also, you can copy the command given below and then paste it in Command Prompt to enter them correctly. After you have successfully typed in the commands, hit Enter to run them.
And, ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
3. Note: You should Run all these Commands One by One.
4. Once you successfully ran all the command given above, restart your computer to save the changes.
5. Finally, After restarting your computer try surfing the internet using the Google Chrome browser. Most probably the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error should have been resolved. This Method can be beneficial in solving many such Internet or Browser Errors including ERR_CACHE_MISS and ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.
You may also like –
Method 3: Changing the TCP/IP4 Proxy Settings.
Changing the Network Proxy Settings mainly the TCP/IP4 settings helps solve the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. So, if the above methods did not help you to resolve the issue you are facing, then you can surely give this method a try.
1. At First, Right-click on the Windows button and then select the Network Connections options.
2. Then, right click on your Active Network (your Active Internet Connection that you are currently using) and then choose the Properties option.
You Might Be Facing: Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet in Chrome
3. Afterward, Find and then select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list of options and click on the Properties button situated at the bottom right.
4. Now, a new window will open. Check the Use below preferred and alternate DNS addresses and then Enter the given DNS settings in it.
Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
5. Finally, Press the OK button to save the settings.
Also, read –
Method 4: Reset Chrome Flag Settings
It is a quick and easy solution that can very easily resolve the Error: DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error on Google Chrome. Follow these easy and simple steps given below:
1. At First, Copy or type in the URL given below and then Paste it in Google Chrome Address bar.
2. Then, Hit Enter and Chrome will load a page with Settings.
3. In that Settings Page, on the right side, you will be able to find the Reset all to the default option. Afterward, Click on that option.
4. That will reset all your Google Chrome settings to default. Also, try accessing the web using Chrome browser, most probably you might not encounter the Error DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN Again.
Fix these too –
Method 5: Restarting the DNS Client.
Restarting the DNS Client is the last method on our list of solutions. It may indeed prove to be very useful and can surely help you fix the DNS issues you are facing including the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN errors.
1. At First, Press Ctrl + R key simultaneously to open the Run Command.
2. Type of services.msc and Click OK.
3. A new window with the list of Services will open. Then, Scroll down the list until you find the service named DNS Client.
4. Afterward, Right click on the DNS Client service and click on the Restart option.
5. That will restart the DNS Client Service. After few minutes try surfing the internet. Most probably this reset would have fixed your DNS problems.
Check out these too –
So, these are the 5 best methods you can use to Fix the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on your windows chrome browser. This method can also be useful in other OS such as mac and also even different browsers. We hope that these methods helped you to solve any issues you were facing due to the DNS errors.
- 1 Why “DNS_PROBE_ FINISHED_ NXDOMAIN Error Occur”?
- 2 How to Fix DNS_Probe_Finished_NXDomain
- 3 Final Words