Fortnite error code 20006 regularly happens soon after updating the user. It is associated indirectly or directly with Anti-Cheat Easy Anti Cheat. The framework isn’t finished, and the counter cheats can’t be refreshed. Fortnite may not begin because of the error 20006. There are a few different ways to take care of this issue. Fortnite is a fight royal shooting game where the first item is to endure.
The Fortnite error code 20006 shows up when propelling the game. This is a launcher blunder, and the game’s executable doesn’t dispatch. The message which pursues goes like this: “Couldn’t begin the game.” Verify your game files if you can. The launcher for Epic Games includes a utility that automatically fixes damaged or missing files after scanning your storage for them. The error message is: “Error Code: 20006 (Cannot create service (StartService failed: 2)). The error can be resolved go to Fortnite install directory and finding EasyAntiCheat.exe and selecting Fortnite from the gamelist. After you press ‘Repair service,‘ you should be able to launch the game.
The issue is generally identified with the EasyAntiCheat instrument the game employments. Pursue the techniques mentioned in this article one by one to take care of the problem. Make sure to look from the very start if both the game and the Epic Games customer are damaged.
See Also: 7 Best VR Game Engine Software In 2023
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the Sources of the X Fays to Fix Fortnite Error Code 20006?
- 2 10 Ways to Fix Fortnite Error Code 20006
- 2.1 Method #1 Update the EAC Driver
- 2.2 Method #2 Recover with EAC
- 2.3 Method #3 Refresh and name the Driver again
- 2.4 Method #4 Check the System and Repair the Files
- 2.5 Method #5 Remove Everything and Reset
- 2.6 Method #6 Install the Drivers again
- 2.7 Method #7 Update the Drivers
- 2.8 Method #8 Try assistance from Social Media
- 2.9 Method #9 Try a Different Fix
- 2.10 Method #10 Repair the Windows
- 3 Conclusion
What are the Sources of the X Fays to Fix Fortnite Error Code 20006?
The Fortnite Error Code 20006 is only either by a missing EasyAntiCheat administration on your PC or by the administration being broken, outdated, or sluggish when you propelled the game. Epic Games doesn’t need you to enter the game if you didn’t check the rules for hacking the game previously.
Additionally, some of your game documents may have degenerated or are missing, which can be fixed effectively by confirming the game inside the Fortnite launcher. Corrupt records can befuddle the game to think you have a cheat when you don’t. All the deficiencies of EasyAntiCheat (EAC) – a framework to battle con artists, which for reasons unknown. Fortnite won’t work without hostility to cheat, and this gives an error. An issue is frequently gone before an update to the game customer.
10 Ways to Fix Fortnite Error Code 20006
Here are ways in which you can get an easy fix to the mentioned error code
Method #1 Update the EAC Driver
As per his site, Easy-Anti-Cheat is an enemy of cheat administration for multiplayer PC game fraudsters and privateers. All of them use the “hybrid anti-pinch mechanism.” To update the EAC Driver, follow the given steps one by one:
- Make sure that concealed documents are safe in the OS. In Windows 10, this is done this way: in any organizer, select the “View” tab at the top, with the “Parameters” area in it. A new window will pop up; in it, go to the “View” tab, and a little lower in the window, search for the line “Hide protected” and remove the mark from it.” and remove that mark from it. A little below, put a tick in the front, “Show hidden.” After that, click Okay, followed by Apply.
- I got the drive “C: \ Windows \ System32.” Look for the file “EasyAntiCheat.sys” in it. It can be deleted, moved, or renamed. The main point to remember is that there is no file with this name in this folder.
- After that, Run the Fortnite. The user will receive no” tice that there are not enough essential files and will reload them independently.
Method #2 Recover with EAC
- On your laptop, go to the file where the game is installed. For instance, if the settings are at default, this is “C: \ Program Files \ Epic Games \ Fortnite \ FortniteGame.”
- Now move to the directory with EAC. Navigate to the internal folder “Binaries \ Win64\ EAC”. There will be a Win32 directory instead of Win64 there will be a Win32 directory if you have a 32-bit OS,
- Find the file “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe” in the folder and open it as an administrator. Now Right-click the icon. Select the item you want from the menu to open the application.
- Finally, make sure that the folder shows the game “Fortnite.” Click on “Repair Service” – this button is located just below. After a couple of seconds, the message “Installed Successfully” will appear. Switch off the windows and try to rerun the game.
Method #3 Refresh and name the Driver again
Try clearing the error by going to C:/Windows / system32/drivers and deleting /moving /renaming the EasyAntiCheat.sys file. Do remember to log out after completing the above process.
Method #4 Check the System and Repair the Files
If nothing works, try resetting the system, which is the most straightforward step. To proceed:
- In your system, open the “Epic Games Store” by clicking the icon and choosing the appropriate option in the list that dropped down.
- Go to the section with Fortnite in the client window; now proceed by clicking on the gear icon on the right side.
- In the new window, click on “Check.” The file analysis will begin, usually lasting up to 10-15 minutes.
Method #5 Remove Everything and Reset
Reset the Windows and remove all the files and programs in the system. But do remember to create a backup of all the essential data and transfer them into a safe file/system. To remove everything and reset, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu at the bottom left of the screen and click Settings. Navigate to Update and Security and look for the option “Remove everything.”
- Now, wait some time for the whole system to complete the resetting procedure.
- Install and launch the program that caused the error. If this method works, you won’t see the error anymore.
Method #6 Install the Drivers again
If nothing is working, update your NET framework.
Many links are available online, but the official Microsoft is the easiest to access. The link is as follows:
Method #7 Update the Drivers
If the above steps don’t give a fruitful result and the error continues to blink, the system is to be refreshed and updated with the latest Microsoft .NET Framework with version 4.6.2. Following is the official Microsoft link to update the drivers:
Method #8 Try assistance from Social Media
In today’s modern world, where our lives are cobwebbed with social media, why can’t we get errors in our laptops fixed by using this platform only? There are a lot of videos on youtube that provide solutions with video tutorials to resolve technical issues. One such tutorial video to fix Error Code 20006 error can be learned through:
Method #9 Try a Different Fix
There is a community called Steam that offers solutions to fix technical errors that users generally face. Learn the solutions from this link:
Method #10 Repair the Windows
This technique is the final retreat in such a case that nothing works out, then this strategy will fix all issues with your PC. Setting the Install uses a setup move-up to repair problems with the system without erasing client information present on the PC.
Regardless of how perfect a game might be, it will have one error or the other, and that is equivalent to a Fortnite game. Be that as it may, there is an approach to fix everything for each problem or challenge in the game. You can also check this out if you want to fix Fortnite error code 91.
Permanent fixing from the engineer might be a fantasy. However, quick client fixes will fully operationalize the game throughout the day.
Gravit Sinha: Founder of ValidEdge, a problem-solving website, driven by his lifelong passion for fixing issues.