Some Windows 10 bugs might be localized and start at the rear. “Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows” is also one of the issues that could occur and cause the screen to freeze. This issue however, is known to be caused by the inability of Windows 10 to retrieve AppModel Runtime status for the package Windows. However, the fixes for this issue are relatively simple and are mentioned ahead.
When players play a video game, and the game crashes, then simultaneously, the message “Failed with 0x57 getting AppModel Runtime status for package Windows” shows. When this error message occurs, the computer screen freezes. Corrupted system files and graphics card crashes are a few potential causes. However, there are several remedies you could attempt. They not only range from uninstalling the most current Windows update but also to changing a registry entry. You can also update your graphics card drivers to the most recent versions.
Fixes for Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows and screen freeze are discussed. Since no one solution is appropriate for everyone,thus the options listed below can assist you in resolving the failed problem. So, let’s dive right into it and fix the error occurring on your system.
See Also: 6 Ways To Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error
Table of Contents
- 1 Fixes for failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel runtime status for package windows
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Fixes for failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel runtime status for package windows
So, why this error Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime appear? It could be caused by a variety of factors, ranging from corrupted system files to a graphics card crash. Regardless of who is to blame, you can attempt the following remedies to resolve issue 0x57.
Damaged System Files
To recover damaged Windows files, use the SFC and DISM utilities. SFC searches for and substitutes faulty files with cached versions. Furthermore, the DISM application assists Windows users in resolving screen stalling difficulties.
Steps to follow to fix the issue:
- Search for CMD in the Windows search bar.
- To run as administrator, click the search result using the right key on the mouse and choose that option.
- Execute the SFC/scannow code in the Command Prompt and hit Enter to launch it.
- Sit tight for the procedure to conclude.
If this scan revealed no integrity problems, we propose using DISM:
- Relaunch Command Prompt as administrator.
- Now, Input the accompanying lines one after the other:
- dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
- dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Remove the Most Recent Windows Updates
If you receive the problem notice Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows after updating Windows then try removing the updates.
Steps to follow:
- Search Control Panel into the Windows search field and press Enter.
- Change the viewing style to Category and select Uninstall an application from the Program category.
- In the corner of the current window, choose the Show installed updates option.
- Enlarge the existing window or drag the slide bar right to locate the Install On option.
- Furthermore, right-click the update file and select Uninstall. Repeat until you have uninstalled all versions installed on the exact date.
- Restart your device.
See Also: Cannot Turn On Windows Defender In Windows 10
Update Windows and its applications
If removing the most recent updates does not solve the problem then you should try updating to the most recent version.
Steps to follow:
- Using the context menu of Windows in the taskbar, choose Device Manager.
- Select Updates & Security from the menu.
- Locate and then select Advanced Options.
- When updating Windows, make sure that the Obtain updates for additional Microsoft items checkbox is set to On.
- Return to the previous step and install all accessible updates by choosing Check for updates or Install updates.
- Furthermore, install the most recent Windows updates.
- Wait until Windows finishes installing everything before rebooting your device.
Install the most recent Graphics Card Drivers.
The screen freezing situation certainly may occur if the graphics card driver of your device is not up to date. Furthermore, installing a new graphics card on the Windows laptop or desktop is not needed. To resolve the failed with 0x57 retrieving appmodel runtime status for package windows issue, simply update the pre-installed driver via Device Manager.
Steps to follow:
- Choose Device Manager from the context menu of Windows in the taskbar.
- On the Device Manager panel and then select the Display adapters option.
- Locate your GPU in the list, then choose Uninstall item from the context menu.
- Click the Uninstall option in the pop-up window and then check the option next to Remove the driver program for this device.
- Further, Start your device again. This will need reinstalling the driver.
Modify a Windows Registry Value
Erroneous value data in the Registry Editor could also cause the 0x57 error. As a result, updating the registry value will fix this Windows issue. Create a duplicate of the crucial data before proceeding.
Steps to follow:
- In Windows search, enter regedit and hit Enter.
- Proceed to the Registry’s given position:
- Select Enabled. Change the value from 1 to 0 in the Value data area and hit OK.
- Check if the problem is solved.
See Also: Windows Keeps Minimizing Games | Top 7 Fixes
What is AppModel?
An App model can help us answer concerns like how the app would be downloaded, how it will save state, how version control will work, how OS connectivity will function, and how the app will interface with other apps. The Universal Windows Platform (UWP) App model defines the application lifecycle
What precisely is the SFC?
All recent editions of Windows come with an application called Windows System File Checker (SFC). You can use this utility to fix faulty system files within Windows. You can start SFC as an administrator from within Windows or using the Windows recovery CD.
What exactly is the Windows Registry?
Registry values are name/data pairs that are kept in keys. Registry values are not the same as registry keys. Each registry value recorded in a registry key has a distinct name with no regard for letter cases.
What is the purpose of the Windows Registry?
The Registry includes data that Windows constantly refers to throughout operations, such as user profiles, apps loaded on the system and the kinds of files that each one can generate, asset sheet settings for directories and app icons, and what equipment is present on the system.
While running computer games on a Windows system, the failed with 0x57 retrieving appmodel runtime status for package windows error occurs. When this error notification occurs then the computer screen freezes. However, there are various solutions to this Windows 10 problem. From upgrading windows to other software to upgrading latest graphic cards. This post covers all common and easy fixes to solve this problem.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂