Suppose you are trying to download any updates or any game on your system. You are encountered with ffxiv unable to download patch files error, and the patch files for your particular application can’t be downloaded. Such a situation irritates us. It is tiresome as we cannot run the specific demands on our system without these patch files.
Some of the reasons for ffxiv unable to download patch files error can be your system’s firewall settings, i.e., the firewall settings are not allowing your system to download these patch files further, or another reason could be a port or routing-related reasons.
See also: Gaming Fixes and Repairs
Table of Contents
How to Fix FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files
So here we bring you some of the common methods that you can try to get rid of ffxiv unable to download patch files error. Let’s begin.
Method #0 Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Method 1: Check Your Firewall Settings
One of the reasons ff14 is unable to download patch files error is the firewall. The firewall might not be allowing the system to download the patch files for security reasons, and thus your system is showing an error. However not recommended, still to turn off the firewall, follow these steps:
1. First of all, open the Control Panel. Now, click on System and Security link. This link is only visible when you’ve got the option “View by:” set to Category.
2. Then choose Windows Firewall option.
3. On the left side corner, locate Turn Windows Firewall On or Off and click on it.
4. Under both the Privacy network settings and Public network settings, check the box which shows the option Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) to turn off the firewall.
4. Afterward, click OK.
The firewall will be turned off and will not interrupt again in the mid of downloading patch files on your system, and the ffxiv unable to download patch files won’t appear again. If still, you cannot download these files, then once Re-start your system to make the changes visible and then try to download to patch files now.
Method 2: Changing The DNS Server
To fix the ffxiv unable to download patch files error, we will change the DNS server to Google’s DNS server, which will resolve the issue for us. To do the same, follow these steps:
1. First of all, press Windows Key+X and then click on Network Connections.
2. Then scroll down & click on Network and Sharing Center. Now, choose Change Adapter Settings from the left panel.
3. Afterward, select the Wi-Fi network you are connected to and then right-click on it to select Properties.
4. Then under the various options available select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on Properties button.
5. Afterward, check the radio button displaying Use the following DNS server addresses.
6. Now enter your preferred and alternate DNS server addresses. As you can use any DNS server you want. In our case, we’re using free ones such as Google Public DNS and OpenDNS. Choose any DNS out of these two mentioned below:
- Google Public DNS addresses: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- OpenDNS addresses: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
7. Afterward, click OK and then Close to apply the new DNS setting.
8. Finally, run the Command Prompt (Admin) by pressing Windows Key+X together.
9. Once the command prompt opens, type ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter.
10. Next, type ipconfig/release and then press Enter.
11. Then type ipconfig/renew and press Enter.
12. Finally, Exit from the Command Prompt.
Don’t forget to Restart your system once to make the changes visible and then connect to the network and try downloading the patch files again. This time the files will be downloaded without interruption, and ffxiv unable to download patch files error won’t appear again.
See also: 7 Best VPN for Mac
Method 3: Using a VPN application
Often your network might restrict the downloading of the patch files, and hence your system shows the ffxiv unable to download patch files error. One solution to this problem can be to change the path through which you download these patch files, which can be easily achieved through a VPN.
A VPN application changes/hides the route of your download, and you can easily download the required patch files; with plenty of options available for VPN, this method won’t cost even a penny, and you will get your solution quickly.
Thus, downloading via a different Internet Service Provider (ISP) has resolved the issue for many users, and they reported easy downloading of the patch files through this method. It would easily solve the final fantasy 14 unable to download patch files issue.
It’s also advisable that you try with more than one VPN instead of relying on just one. If a particular VPN doesn’t work well with your system’s configuration, it’s better to look for an alternate VPN option. (Some of the available VPNs are Betternet, Hotspot Shield, etc.)
The methods mentioned above are easy to implement and consequently bring out the solution for being unable to download patch files ffxiv PC error. The error won’t trouble you again. However, if the problem persists and you cannot get rid of it, do feel about writing us back, and we would love to assist you regarding the same.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂