Suppose you are trying to download any updates or any game on your system and you are encountered with ffxiv unable to download patch files error and the patch files for your particular application can’t be downloaded, such a situation irritates us and is tiresome as we are unable to run the specific demands on our system without these patch files.
Some of the reasons of ffxiv unable to download patch files error can be your system’s firewall settings, i.e., the firewall settings are not allowing your system to download these patch files further, or another reason could be port or routing related reasons.
How to Fix FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files
So here we bring you some of the common methods that you can try to get rid of ffxiv unable to download patch files error. Let’s begin.
Method 1. Check Your Firewall Settings
One of the reasons of ff14 unable to download patch files error is the firewall. The firewall might not be allowing the system to download the patch files for security reasons and thus your system is showing error. However not recommended, still to turn off the firewall, follow these steps:
1. First of all, open Control Panel. Now, click on System and Security link.
Note: – This link is only visible when you’ve got the option “View by:” set to Category.
2. Then choose Windows Firewall option.
3. On the left side corner, locate Turn Windows Firewall On or Off and click on it.
4. Under both the Privacy network settings and Public network settings, check the box which shows the option Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) to turn off the firewall.
4. Afterward, click OK.
The firewall will be turned off and will not interrupt again in the mid of downloading of patch files on your system and the ffxiv unable to download patch files won’t appear again. If still, you are unable to download these files then once Re-start your system to make the changes visible and then try to download to patch files now.
Method 2. Changing The DNS Server
To fix the ffxiv unable to download patch files error, we will change the DNS server to Google’s DNS server, which will resolve the issue for us. To do the same, follow these steps:
1. First of all, press Windows Key+X and then click on Network Connections.
2. Then scroll down & click on Network and Sharing Center. Now, choose Change Adapter Settings from the left panel.
3. Afterward, select the Wi-Fi network you are connected to and then right-click on it to select Properties.
4. Then under the various options available select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on Properties button.
5. Afterward, check the radio button displaying Use the following DNS server addresses.
6. Now enter your preferred and alternate DNS server addresses. You can use any DNS server you want. In our case, we’re using free ones such as Google Public DNS and OpenDNS. Choose any DNS out of these two mentioned below:
- Google Public DNS addresses: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- OpenDNS addresses: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
7. Now click OK & then Close to apply the new DNS setting.
8. Now run the Command Prompt (Admin) by pressing Windows Key+X together.
9. Once the command prompt opens, type ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter.
10. Next, type ipconfig/release and then press Enter.
11. At the last type ipconfig/renew and press Enter.
12. Finally, exit from the Command Prompt.
Don’t forget to Re-start your system once to make the changes visible and then connect to the network and try downloading the patch files again. This time the files will be downloaded without any interruption and ffxiv unable to download patch files error won’t appear again.
Method 3. Using a VPN application
Often your network might restrict the downloading of the patch files and hence your system shows the ffxiv unable to download patch files error. One of the solutions to overcome this problem can be to change the path through which you download these patch files and this can be easily achieved through a VPN.
A VPN application simply changes/hides the route of your download and you can easily download the required patch files and with plenty of options available for VPN, this method won’t cost even a penny and you will get your solution quickly. Downloading via a different Internet Service Provider (ISP), have resolved the issue for many of the users and they reported easy downloading of the patch files through this method. This would easily solve final fantasy 14 unable to download patch files issue.
It’s also advisable that you try with more than one VPN instead of relying on just one, because if a particular VPN doesn’t work well with your system’s configuration, then it’s better to look for an alternate VPN option. (Some of the available VPN’s are Betternet, Hotspot Shield, etc.)
See Also: –
The methods mentioned above are easy to implement and will bring out the solution for unable to download patch files ffxiv error and the error won’t trouble you again. However, if the problem persists and you are unable to get rid of it, do feel to write us back and we would love to assist you regarding the same.