Filmora is one of the advanced video editing software for Windows and Mac-based platforms. It is a software which has rating as one the best video editors across the globe and has a massive acceptance among the notable professional editors. The Filmora Video Editor is straightforward to use due to its simplicity and ease of working. In this article of Filmora Video Editor Review, we have tried to review almost all the features provided by Filmora Video Editor.
It has a lot of different tools to perform a lot of actions on videos such as trimming, splitting, and even optimizing the videos for various devices and platforms. The Filmora Video Editor is an excellent tool for the beginners as well as the intermediate video editors due to its range of tools available. However, the pro players can be a little disappointed as some tools are available only as add-ons. In this article, we have presented a complete Filmora Video Editor review.
Notable Features of Filmora Video Editor
After testing the software for Filmora Video Editor review, we could find some notable features in the software which are listed below:
- HD Quality Video Output: The Filmora Video Editor is an advanced tool which works as per the requirements of its users and keeps itself well equipped with the technology required to fulfil those requirements. One such feature which can be found in all the articles regarding Filmora Video Editor review is its ability to provide an ultra HD video quality if the original video supports the same. It can give outputs in 4K HD quality and hence be in use for professional editing work as well.
- Utility in a diverse environment: The Filmora Video Editor can be used to edit high-quality videos which include graphical videos, entertainment videos, social media videos, YouTube videos, and also educational videos in e-learning classrooms. You can also use the inbuilt screen recorder and record your progress in the online games.
- Hundreds of tools to stylize the video: The Filmora Video Editor has a lot of filters, effects and transitional moves with which the videos can be stylized. With more than 200 filters available in the editor along with different types of text, music embedding and split screen type of effects, you can meake creative videos.
- Video Exporting Feature: After completing the video editing, many times we have to share and export the videos on different platforms. Uploading the videos takes a vast time which is not desirable at all. While testing the software for Filmora Video Editor review, we came across this interesting feature of video exporting by which the finished videos can be exported on different platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, etc.
The Basic Editing Tools in Filmora Video Editor
There are specific basic tools in the Filmora Video Editor which can be used to perform certain necessary actions on the videos such as splitting the videos in multiple parts, rotating the video by a certain angle, cropping certain parts of the videos, changing the speed of the video and also altering the contrast and brightness of the videos.
The Advanced Editing Tools in Filmora Video Editor
The Filmora Video Editor also has certain advanced tools which allow the users to reverse play the video, detect certain scenes, use the green screen feature and also stabilize the color of the videos. Certain other features such as zooming and tilt-shifting the videos are also available in the Filmora Video Editor software.
How to Install Filmora Video Editor
If you want to use the Filmora Video Editor for editing your videos, then the first thing that you need to do is to download and install the Filmora Video Editor on your Windows-based computer or Mac based computer. Hence, in this Filmora Video Editor review, we have discussed the simplest method to install the Filmora Video Editor. The steps to install the Filmora Video Editor are:
- Open up the latest version of a web browser (for example, Chrome).
- Search for Filmora Video Editor and open the link which directs to the official website.
- Click on the Download the Free Version for Windows option. If you are a Mac User, click on the appropriate option.
- The download will start and take a few minutes, and then it will be installed.
- Now, open the Filmora Video Editor and log in via your account. If you don’t have a Wondershare account, click on sign up to create one. Click on New Project to start with the editing process.
How to Update the Filmora Video Editor
Many times the developers provide new and advanced tools via various updates which have to be downloaded and then installed by the user. Thus, we have discussed the updation process as well in Filmora Video Editor review article. The steps to update the software are:
If there are new updates available, the window will notify you.
- Click on the File menu and select Preferences.
- Then open Miscellaneous and select Check for Updates Automatically.
- Select the appropriate frequency and click on OK button.
- To check for updates manually, click on Help option and select Check for Updates.
- In the case of an available update, Live Update will show up.
- Now select Update Now and the update process will begin.
- It will take a few minutes depending on the size of the update.
How to Use Filmora Video Editor
The process of using the Filmora Video Editor is very simple as the user interface is based on a click based mechanism. There is no need for the users to be tech geeks and any person with a basic knowledge of tools can use the Filmora Video Editor efficiently. In this Filmora Video Editor review article, we have discussed the method to use the software for editing purposes. The steps are:
- Launch the Filmora Video Editor from the icon or desktop.
- Use the New Project option to start a new project for editing purposes.
- Also use the Project Library option to edit the work which you have completed recently.
- Open project option to complete a previously saved project.
Note – You can use three methods to start your work.
Now the video editor interface window will be opened which has a lot of options to choose from such as:
Media Library: From this tool, you can import various media files such as audio files, video, etc. This library has a lot of effects and transitions which can be applied as per the convenience and requirements of the video.
Toolbar: The toolbar option is an important part of the video editing interface where the tools such as cut, copy and paste are available. Also, tools such as speed and delete come handy in video editing.
Timeline: It is one of the most important areas of video editing interface where the entire task of assembling the tracks is done. This timeline can be used to assemble 100 tracks in one go.
Preview: In the preview segment, you can see the video as it will look when the editing process is complete. It is a great tool to check if the video is up to the mark.
Formats & Devices Supported by Filmora Video Editor
The Filmora Video Editor’s design is to support all the available formats so that the videos can be used across all the platforms. The various formats allow users to use the videos extensively without any hassles. The videos are also available in multiple formats for the devices based on brands. The format and devices supported by Filmora Video Editor are:
Video formats: MP4, FLV, MOV, etc.
Devices: iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Sony TV, Google Nexus, Xbox, Apple TV, etc.
Social Media formats: YouTube, Facebook, etc.
Disc Formats: DVD, CD, etc.
Is Filmora Video Editor Safe to Use
The Filmora Video Editor software is entirely safe to use, and it has been tried and tested by highly reputed antivirus programs available. When the Filmora Video Editor software was scanned for malicious programs or malware, the results were never positive which indicates that there are no malicious programs in any version of the Filmora Video Editor software.
Also, this software does not install any third party software during the installation process, and there is no scope of data theft. Hence, after being tested by multiple scans of well known and advanced programs, there is no need to worry about the security of Filmora Video Editor software.
Availability of User Guides and References
The user guides are an essential feature of any video editing software. This helps in the efficient usage of the product and also solves any issues which the users face. The guides on Filmora Video Editor website have a step by step information about the following:
- Editing the Videos Completely
- Using the Filmora Video Editor software to Make a Green Screen Video
- Use the software to Stabilize the Shaky Videos
- Filmora Video Editor to Trim the YouTube Videos
- Using the Filmora Video Editor to Correct Video with Colors
- Adding several Transitional Effects to a Video
- Using the software to Overlay the Videos
Price of Filmora Video Editor
When you first download and install the Filmora Video Editor software, you get a trial version with limited features. And some copyright such as bookmarks of Filmora Video Editor software on the videos you export.
However, later when you are satisfied with the working of the Filmora Video Editor software, you can buy a paid version of the software which can be either for Windows or Mac. The Windows subscription costs $39.99 per year and comes as an annual bill which is renewable at the end of the year.
Similarly, the Mac version is also available for a yearly cost of $59.99 which is renewed at the end of the year. The subscription license is available for a single computer system and cannot be used on a separate computer. The registration key can be retrieved from the developers by clicking on the Register option. And then contacting the Support Team.
- It has a very simple user interface which depicts everything crystal clear
- It has a screen recording feature by default, which is useful in demonstration purposes
- The facility of exporting the completed videos on social media, especially youtube is a great feature
- The video editing and transition effects are very fast, without any lags
- It is not so good at importing social media videos and often crashes
Method #Bonus Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
In this article of Filmora Video Editor Review, we have tried to review almost all the features provided by Filmora Video Editor. However, we have concluded that it is an excellent video editor for the beginners as well as the intermediate users. But the professionals might be somewhat disappointed by the lack of certain vital features in this video editor. But again, these tools are available as add ons, so their issues are also resolved up to a certain extent.
- 1 Notable Features of Filmora Video Editor
- 2 The Basic Editing Tools in Filmora Video Editor
- 3 The Advanced Editing Tools in Filmora Video Editor
- 4 How to Install Filmora Video Editor
- 5 How to Update the Filmora Video Editor
- 6 How to Use Filmora Video Editor
- 7 Formats & Devices Supported by Filmora Video Editor
- 8 Is Filmora Video Editor Safe to Use
- 9 Availability of User Guides and References
- 10 Price of Filmora Video Editor
- 11 Conclusion