Google is the fastest and most used browser at present. Google has owned its place due to its added features and deeply rooted privacy. In our daily life, it is a tonic to all relief. From downloading an app to surfing, we all prefer to Google it. Chrome faces no frequent problems but at times users encounter Google Chrome has Stopped Working issue. I suppose, it to be no surprise to any reader. Perhaps, all of us have suffered this problem where suddenly Chrome restricts itself from opening or working. This kind of problem is faced a lot by the users of Windows 10.
Google Chrome has Stopped Working
See also: Fix ERR_CACHE_MISS In Google Chrome
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix Google Chrome has Stopped Working Issue
- 1.1 Method 1: Update Google Chrome or Reinstall the new version
- 1.2 Method 2: Delete the History, Cookies, and Unwanted Apps on Google Chrome
- 1.3 Method 3: Modify Properties of the Browser
- 1.4 Method 4: Add Reliable Multicast Protocol
- 1.5 Method 5: Reset the Chrome
- 1.6 Method 6: Fixing the error using SFC (System Files)
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix Google Chrome has Stopped Working Issue
There can be several reasons behind this abrupt behavior exhibited by Google Chrome, the most common being low-speed internet, loss of internet connection, heavy use of system memory, or even bugs. There are many solutions to the issue mentioned above.
You might also like –
The different methods for fixing the error are mentioned below:
Method #0 Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Method 1: Update Google Chrome or Reinstall the new version
The problems at times are reported because of using the older version of Chrome. The solution to it can be either done by reinstalling Google Chrome or updating it.
- Firstly, open Google Chrome
- Then click on more options present in the top right corner of the window.
- Finally, click on Update Chrome and restart Google Chrome.
- Firstly, go to the Start Menu and type Control Panel on the search bar.
- From the Control Panel window, locate Program and Features.
- Then Double-click on the entry to open the list of all installed apps.
- After that, Select Google Chrome and Uninstall it.
- The program will uninstall.
- Finally, download the latest version of the browser from the official site.
Note: – I suggest you try updating first. If still the problem of Google Chrome Keeps Crashing Windows 10 does not solve, then switch to reinstalling.
Method 2: Delete the History, Cookies, and Unwanted Apps on Google Chrome
Heavy memory usage can be the cause of the problem. To fix it, clear all cookies and unwanted apps from your browser.
- At First, Go to Settings, by clicking on the button of the Chrome present at the top right corner.
- Now Navigate below the screen to click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Then, click on Content Settings followed by All Cookies and Site data.
- Finally, Click on the Remove All button to delete all the cookies.
See Also: Funimation Not Working On Chrome [Fixed]
To clear unwanted apps:
- At First, Type chrome://apps/ on the browser address bar.
- Then Right-click on the target app and remove it.
Restart your Computer and relaunch Google Chrome to see if the fix applies. You can still explore more methods. Also, make sure that you’re not facing any other errors like Err Connection Reset Error in Google Chrome or This Site Cannot Be Reached.
Method 3: Modify Properties of the Browser
By applying changes to the properties of Google Browser, the fix to the issue of Google Chrome Keeps not Responding issue can resolve. The steps can be lined as follows:
- At First, Right-click on the Chrome icon.
- Then Click on Properties.
- Select the Compatibility Tab.
- After that, click on the button with the label Change Settings for All Users.
- Un-tick the option Run this program in Compatibility Mode.
- Then Check the option Run this program as an administrator under the Settings.
- Click Apply to save the changes you mode followed by OK.
- Now you can close the Properties window.
See also: Google chrome extensions for homework
Method 4: Add Reliable Multicast Protocol
One can go ahead with this technique if Google Chrome has Stopped Working issue persists. There are a certain number of steps to follow as mentioned below:
- At First, Press Windows key + R to open the Run Window.
- Then type ncpa.CPL into the text field and hit Enter.
- Under the Network Connections section, right-click the currently working network adapter for Properties.
Step 4- Navigate below to choose the Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol.
- Then Click the Install button below.
- Select the Protocol option.
- Then Click Add button.
- Select Reliable Multicast Protocol.
- Finally, Click OK to save the changes you made.
- Restart the computer and relaunch Google Chrome.
Don’t miss out –
Method 5: Reset the Chrome
At the time of customization and change in settings, there is a scope of unnecessary changes made to the browser which restricts it from working. The changes that you previously made can lead to errors many at times; henceforth we suggest resetting all the changes made to set it back to the initial point. The steps are as follows:
- At First, Go to Settings, by clicking on the button of the Chrome present at the top right corner of it.
- Navigate below the screen to click on Show Advanced Settings.
- Now, click on Reset Settings.
- Finally, Restart your system and check for Google Chrome. This can also help you fix other minimal errors like Your Connection is not Private for some websites.
Method 6: Fixing the error using SFC (System Files)
SFC system files are the feature provided by Microsoft to check the corrupted file. Follow the given steps.
- At First, Press Windows key + R to open the Run Window.
- Type sfc.exe into the text field and hit Enter.
- Microsoft will then scan the error and fix it automatically.
You may also like –
All the methods present before the readers are some of the most used fixes that are suggested are efficient to use. Possibly all the fixes suggested here can solve the reader’s query and help them solve the problem of Google Chrome has Stopped Working.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂