GWXUX Has Stopped Working Error is a very common issue. But don’t worry as we have 5 Ways to Fix GWXUX Has Stopped Working Windows 7 Error. After following one of these ways, you will be able to overcome this problem.
If you are one of the millions who is using the Windows Operating System, it is possible that you might have known about the gwxux.exe file. The gwxux.exe is an application which fixes the compatibility issues in the system before making it ready to be upgraded. But, it is also referred to as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) which asks the users to update their system. Hence, it can be stated that the file gwxux.exe issue is related to Windows Updates.
How to Fix Gwxux Has Stopped Working
If you have faced the gwxux has stopped working error and are looking for a handy solution, you need to read this article. We have discussed various methods to fix the gwxux.exe has stopped working error in this article, so your search ends here. The basic technique which is followed to fix this issue is to uninstall or disable the application.
You might also like –
Method #0 Use Reimage Plus (Strongly Recommended)Reimage will quickly repair common computer errors, protect you from file or data loss, malware, trojans, hardware failure and optimize your PC to boost for maximum performance. Fix PC issues now using 3 easy steps:
- Download this Windows PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows license key.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Method 1: Disable the Application
This method is primarily manual management of tasks using the Task Scheduler feature of the Windows Operating System. To disable the gwxux.exe application, follow these steps:
1) First, click on the Start Button.
2) Then open the Search bar and type in Task Scheduler (I prefer this way as it is the easiest way to locate it).
3) In the displayed Task Scheduler ribbon, click on Microsoft.
4) Afterward, from the sub-folders list, select Windows.
5) Then click on Setup and select the gwx option.
6) Disable the tasks in the folder and exit.
7) Finally, restart the System.
This method will work most of the time and will fix the gwxux has stopped working error. But, in case it does not work out, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows Installer. If you are yet to find a solution, have a look at the methods discussed below.
Fix these too –
Method 2: Uninstall the Application
If disabling the guwxux.exe application did not work out for you, it is entirely possible that uninstalling it would fix the gwxux has stopped working issue on your system. This can be done very quickly and conveniently from the Control Panel by following these steps:
1) First, open Control Panel window in your system by any method. If you want, you can just search for it in the search bar.
2) In the Control Panel window, look for Windows Updates.
3) Then under the Windows Updates tab, open Programs and Features.
4) Then click on View Installed Updates.
5) From the list displayed, locate KB3035589 and uninstall the update.
6) Finally, restart the system and check if the issue has been fixed.
If you have not been able to fix the gwxux has stopped working error yet, then it is time to let the Windows fix the problem. To do that, you need to use the Troubleshoot feature which has been discussed in detail in the next method.
You might also like –
Method 3: Fix Using the Troubleshoot Feature
This method lets the Windows look out for specific issues and fix them itself. To fix the issue using this method you need to follow these steps:
1) First, click on the Start button.
2) Then search for Troubleshoot in the search bar.
3) In the Troubleshoot Window, select Fix Problems with Windows Updates.
4) Afterward, click on Next tab and follow the directions.
5) Once the process is finished, restart the system.
This method would have solved the gwxux has stopped working error in your system if the cause for the same was in the execution of the application. If you have not fixed the issue yet, try the methods discussed below, and you will find a fix for your issue.
Also, read –
Method 4: Restore the System to An Earlier Date
Now, restoring the system to an earlier date shall work only if then issue has caused due to some recent changes made by you. To restore the system to a previous date, you must have some restore point already created in your system.
Once you have reset the system, the gwxux has stopped working error will fix if some recent change was the cause behind it. If your issue has not fixed yet, try the next method, i.e., Booting in Safe Mode.
Check out –
Method 5: Boot in Safe Mode
Booting in safe mode will help your system to run on minimal resources and hence it is a useful method to fix the gwxux has stopped working error on your system. To boot your computer in safe mode, you need to follow these steps:
1) Start the system and press any key.
2) Select Repair Your Computer.
3) Select Troubleshoot option.
4) Click on Advanced Options.
5) Select Startup Settings.
6) Click on the Restart tab at the left bottom of the screen.
7) Press F4, F5 and F6 keys which correspond to Boot in Safe Mode.
Now your system will boot into safe mode, and your issue shall fix. If you still face the issue, try making some hardware changes or reinstalling the Windows to fix the issue.
Don’t miss –
You could fix the Gwxux has stopped working error by using one of the methods discussed above. For such issues, the ultimate solution is always the uninstalling and reinstalling the OS, so you need to keep yourself ready for that, but I hope that would not be required now and then.