A well-known program that enables VPN creation is Hamachi. It promotes online gaming and file sharing, which makes it very well-liked among gamers. Furthermore, it protects online anonymity by simulating a completely secure and private local network. In case, If you’re using LogMeIn Hamachi and get the “Hamachi service has stopped” issue, you’ve arrived at the right place. You’re not alone, so don’t worry.
Fortunately, fixing it is relatively easy. There are five solutions you can attempt. Continue applying the methods until you figure out what works; you might only have to try some.
- Make a startup that will trigger a Hamachi service restart
- The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Service should be active.
- Verify your antivirus programme.
- Create a LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine configuration
- Install LogMeIn Hamachi once more
Below we have discussed each of these solutions in detail. Read them further and know the answers to your queries.
Table of Contents
- 1 Five Ways to Fix Hamachi
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Five Ways to Fix Hamachi
Here are five hamachi service stopped fixes –
Make a startup that will trigger a Hamachi service restart.
You can write a script to restart the Hamachi service using this technique automatically.
- If the search field is hidden, hit the Windows start button, put “Notepad” in the search field, and select Run as administrator.
- The lines below should be “copied and pasted” into Notepad –
- Select Save As from the File menu.
- As the file name, enter HamachiReload.cmd.
- Alter all files as The Save as type instead.
- Click Save after selecting C:WindowsSystem32 as the location.
- Press the Windows key (the one that displays the Windows logo) and R simultaneously to open the Run box.
8. Click OK after entering taskschd.msc.
9. Make the Create Task selection from the Actions menu.
10. Under the General tab, give the project a name.
11. Go to Security settings and make sure that Run only if the individual is logged on is selected.
12. Third, switch to Windows 10 in Configure. To continue, click OK.
13. On the Triggers tab, click the New button.
14. Switch the Task’s start time to startup.
15. Verify that there’s a tick at the Enabled box. After that, click OK.
16. On the Actions tab, click the New button.
17. Set Action to “Start a programme” in step 11.
18. Select C:WindowsSystem32 from the Browse menu, find HamachiReload.cmd, and press Open.
19. To save changes, click OK.
20. Select the Conditions tab, clear every box. then press OK.
21. This will fix the hamachi server status stopped issues and resume the service automatically when you turn on your PC.
The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Service should be active.
One particular kind of programme that requires assistance from the Windows Management Instrumentation service (WMI) to function effectively on a Windows system is LogMeIn Hamachi.
Therefore, the Hamachi service has stopped errors would show up if WMI were disabled. By taking the actions listed below, it can be fixed. Tap the “ Key (the one that displays the Windows logo) + R simultaneously to open the Run box.
- After entering services.msc, click OK.
- Select Properties from the context menu when right-clicking Windows Management Instrumentation.
- If it isn’t already running, start by clicking the Start button, then change the Launch type to Automatic.
- Press Apply > OK.
- Launch Hamachi to see if the issue is still present.
Verify your antivirus programme.
Your antivirus programme can be at blame for the “Hamachi service has stopped” problem. This error will show up if your antivirus programme has blacklisted Hamachi.
However, you can fix it by modifying the settings in your antivirus programme to ensure that Hamachi won’t be blocklisted. Moreover, contact the antivirus software’s official customer support if you need assistance with the next step.
Another circumstance in which antivirus software does not prevent Hamachi from being used is when there can be a problem between Hamachi and your antivirus programme. To fix the services stopped in the hamachi error, delete your antivirus programme and restart your computer.
Installing another antivirus programme is an option if this fixes the issue. However, if you prefer the older version, contact the maker of your antivirus programme and seek their advice.
See Also: 5 Ways To Fix Windows Defender Blocked By Group Policy
See Also: Best Antivirus For Mac: 5 Best Apps In 2023
Create a LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine configuration
- To launch the Run box, click the Windows Key (the one with the Windows logo) and R simultaneously on your keyboard. After entering services.msc, click OK.
- Select Properties by using the right-click menu on the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine.
- Select Automatic as the Startup type.
- Go to the Log On page, and tick the boxes for Local System account and “Permit application” to interact with the desktop. Then press OK.
- Launch the File Explorer. Enter “C: Program Files (x86)LogMeIn Hamachi” in the address field.
- Select Properties with a right-click on the hamachi-2-ui.exe file.
- Verify that the Users group rights are set to “Read & execute” under the Security tab. If not, click Edit to modify the permissions. To complete adjustments, click OK.
- Run Hamachi to investigate the issue.
Install LogMeIn Hamachi once more
When Hamachi was installed, improper settings may have led to the “Hamachi service has stopped” problem.
To fix the issue, users can reinstall the software.
- Using the Windows start button, access the Control Panel. (or the search area if you have hidden it).
- Select View by Catalog on the active window, then click Delete a programme.
- Click Uninstall with the right-click menu on LogMeIn Hamachi.
- Download the application from the official LogMeln Hamachi website.
- To finish the installation, double-click the software and adhere to the prompts on the screen.
- Launch Hamachi to investigate the issue.
How to fix hamachi service timed-out request?
Go to Action > Properties from the Advanced Settings window's top menu. Search for Protected network connections under State on the Domain Profile page and click Customize. The Domain Profile window for Protected Network Connections is shown. Uncheck The Hamachi checkbox under Network Connections.
How to use Windows Services to operate Hamachi?
From the Hamachi website, get the most recent Hamachi files. FireDaemon Pro can be downloaded and installed in any location of your choice, generally C: Program FilesFireDaemon. Next, launch the desktop shortcut for the FireDaemon GUI. Click the Settings tab now.
How can you relaunch the Hamachi tunnel service?
You can adhere to the guidelines shown below to be assured that this is not the problem: Use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R to bring up the Run dialogue box. Put "services" here. Double tap the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine service once you've found it. Click the Start button in the Properties window.
Why is Hamachi not working?
Use the following methods to regain communication for such Hamachi network adapter. Reboot, deactivate your software firewall (unless it's Windows Firewall), and then give it another go. Open Device Manager and turn on the Hamachi Network Interface driver manually. Start Hamachi, then test if it can establish a connection.
We have listed all the possible solutions that generally work for most people. However, the Hamachi service has stopped error typically appears when one of your services has a problem, but with the methods from this article, you should be able to resolve it.
See Also: Hamachi VPN Domain Tap Device Is Down | 6 Best Fixes
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.