Windows 10 and 11 don’t support animated wallpapers. But this article will help you to learn how to put a gif as a wallpaper. It makes our desktop background look more interesting and exciting. Many third-party software is available to set gifs as wallpapers safely.
Here we will learn how to put a gif as a wallpaper and the various third-party software that we can use to achieve this.
Table of Contents
Methods On How To Put A Gif As A Wallpaper
Here are a few ways by which you can learn how to put a gif as a wallpaper.
BioniX is a free software in both windows 10 and windows 11 that is used to manage your wallpapers in various ways. It allows you to set gif wallpaper as your desktop background. There are various other tasks that you can do with this software. You can create a playlist of different GIF wallpapers. In addition, you can customize the order in which they appear on your desktop. Now, let’s learn how to put a GIF as a wallpaper with this software.
- Download the BioniX app and install the software on your computer.
- After you have installed it, open the app. Click the Full user interface option on the pop-up window that appears. After closing the pop-up, click Ok if a confirmation message pops up.
- Click on the Stop button, which is a green square icon on the window. This will stop any further changes to your wallpaper.
- Then, select the Clear Playlist button in the Playlist tab to remove all the earlier wallpapers in your playlist.
- Now, you can add gif wallpapers by dragging and dropping them in your playlist.
- If you have more than one wallpaper in your playlist, you need to adjust your timing between them. To do so, you need to adjust the time under the field Change Wallpaper Every. You can also click on Shuffle mode to change your wallpapers randomly.
- You can change the size of your wallpaper by selecting Wallpaper size from the tab. Now, adjust the size of the wallpapers accordingly.
- Finally, select the Start button to set gif as your wallpaper.
With this software, you have successfully learned how to set a gif as a wallpaper on your desktop. Read this article, if you want to know about the software of graphic designing.
Plastuer is another software that allows you to use animated gif wallpapers as your desktop background. You can also set HTML5 websites as your desktop background with this software. You have to donate a minimum of $2 in order for you to use it. Find out how to put a gif as a wallpaper using this software.
- Download the app from their official website.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select Extract All from the menu. Find an executable file for the app and double-click on it. The app will now open.
- First, you need to select a monitor on which you want to set the wallpaper.
- Now, you can set a gif wallpaper in multiple ways. You can click on Select File to add animated wallpaper that is already stored on your PC.
- Browse to the location of your gif and select it. Now, click on Open and then select Save to save the wallpaper as your desktop background.
- You can also select Create Playlist option. Select Add to add wallpapers of your choice to your playlist. You can also add multiple URLs to your playlist from online.
- After your playlist is ready, select Save to start your gif wallpapers. You can also select the time between each wallpaper and the order of the wallpaper.
- From the main window, you can also select Browse gallery to select wallpaper from your own gallery.
- If you want to set a gif wallpaper from the Internet, you can do that by pasting the URL in the box.
In this way, you can set a gif as your wallpaper using this software.
Wallpaper Engine is one of the best software when it comes to using a gif as a wallpaper. This is a paid software, and you need to pay USD 3.99 to be able to use this app.
Use the steps below to learn how to make a gif your wallpaper with this software.
- Download and install the software from their official website. If you have purchased the app, you also need to download the Steam Launcher.
- Now, choose the monitor on which you want to set the wallpaper. If you want to apply it on multiple monitors, you have to clone the wallpaper to set it as your background.
- If you want to find new wallpapers, you can select Discover and Workshop tabs. The extensive search tools will make it easy for you to locate different animated backgrounds.
- Choose the wallpaper you wish to use, then select the Subscribe button. Now, you can use the animated background as your wallpaper.
- You can also customize some settings of your background, such as the speed of the animation, audio, and many more things.
Thus, by following these easy steps, you now know how to put a gif as a wallpaper with this software.
VLC Media Player
As we all know that VLC is a media player. But there are some hidden functions of this that you are probably not aware of.
One of them is its ability to set an infinite loop video as your wallpaper. Learn how to get a moving background with VLC by following the steps below.
- Download and install the VLC media player on your desktop. Select the wallpaper that you want to set as your moving background.
- To launch the Run application, press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- After pasting the following path, select OK.
- Next, open a separate window for File Explorer. Navigate to C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC and find the vlc.exe file.
- Now, right-click on the vlc.exe and select Send To, then Desktop to create a shortcut.
- Navigate to your desktop. Now drag and drop the shortcut for VLC Media Player to the Startup folder, which was previously opened.
- Then, By right-clicking on the shortcut, select Properties.
- Modify the Destination field to the following paths. Put your username and the location of the video you want to use as the background into the highlighted information: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLCvlc.exe’ –video-wallpaper –qt -start-minimized –no-qt-fs-controller –repeat –no-video-title-show –qt-notification=0 ‘C:\Users\SoftwareKeep\DesktopVideo.mp4’
- Now, select Apply and close the window.
- Double-click on the modified shortcut. Your gif wallpaper will instantly display on your desktop.
How do I set a video as my wallpaper?
Newer versions of Android allow you to create live wallpapers natively. Open the Gallery app, select the video, and choose Set as Live Wallpaper. If the video is too long, you'll need to trim it first.
Is Live wallpaper app free?
Since the live wallpaper is free, you don't have to pay anything for these basic features. However, upgrading to the premium package unlocks more cool backgrounds and features.
There are many people who still do not know how to put a gif as a wallpaper. But you can set a gif wallpaper with the softwares mentioned in this article. If you want to set a gif as your wallpaper, then make sure to follow each of these steps in this article, and by the end of it, you will be able to do it without facing any problems.
As a technology news reporter based in India with diverse knowledge of covering stories for Microsoft products, my job at ValidEdge is to bring the latest fixes of Windows Errors and even of other errors in a precise and unbiased way.
My experience includes managing technology websites, writing/editing articles, and delivering well-researched how-to guides in a timely manner.