Minecraft has been loved immensely by its players since its release in 2011. The game has been updated several times to keep up with its competitors, remove bugs, or keep its players engaged. So here, we will learn how to update Minecraft on windows 10. If your device doesn’t support Minecraft then you can check this guide to fix it.
Minecraft has a particular version for Windows 10 called Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, or Minecraft Bedrock. Check out solutions for Minecraft LAN not working here.
The game is updated automatically but can be updated manually as well.
Table of Contents
- 1 Prerequisites
- 2 Update Your Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
- 3 Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Won’t Update
- 4 Other Issues
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Assure that your Windows 10 is updated to the latest version. Afterward, you can move to update Minecraft on Windows 10.
To do so, follow these steps.
- Press the Windows + I key together to open settings.
- Click on the Update and Security option.
- Select the Windows Update tab on the left. And then, click on the Check for updates button.
- If any updates are not completed, download and install them on your device.
Update Your Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
Here is how you can Update Minecraft on Windows 10.
Update From Microsoft Store
Once you have ensured that your Windows is up to date, you can go forward and see how to update Minecraft on Windows 10.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the Library tab at the bottom of the menu on the left.
- Then, select the Get updates option at the top right corner of the screen.
Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Won’t Update
At times, your Minecraft will not update, even if you try manually.
At such times, use these methods.
- Press Windows + I keys to open settings and select Apps.
- Select the Apps and features tab that appears.
- Locate Minecraft from the list.
- Select Minecraft. After that, select Advanced Options.
- Then, click Reset.
- Again, go to the Microsoft Store and check for updates.
- Press Windows + R keys.
- In the pop-up box, type appwiz.cpl.
- Right-click on Minecraft and select uninstall.
- Press the Windows + E keys. Windows will open File Explorer.
- Further, type %appdata% in the address bar and enter.
- Locate the Minecraft folder in the list. Afterward, delete that File.
- Go to Minecraft’s official website and update the latest version of the game.
- To check the program, install and run it.
Run the Windows Troubleshooter
- Right-click the Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Select troubleshoot and click on Additional Troubleshooters.
- Select Windows Store and run the troubleshooter.
Restart the Windows Update Service
A unique tool handles Windows Updates which must run in the background. Failing to do this might result in various problems like being unable to update applications. Restarting this may be the answer to how you can update Minecraft on Windows 10.
To restart this tool, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key and search for the Services app.
- Open this app and then locate Windows Update.
- Right-click and select the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Stay in the General tab.
- Set startup type to automatic (delayed start).
- If the Service Status says stopped, then click on the start button.
- Apply it and exit.
- Find and right-click on Microsoft Store Install Service.
- Click Stop. After some seconds, click start.
Update the Drivers
Many times, the answer to how to update Minecraft rests in your Divers.
Ensure that your drivers are up to date to prevent and resolve issues.
You can download and update drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s official website and, thus, searching and installing the latest drivers compatible with your device.
Furthermore, you can update drivers automatically by downloading applications and software like Driver Easy.
This software may address how to update Minecraft Bedrock on a PC.
Here is a list of some other issues that you might face and ways to solve them.
Minecraft is not displayed in the list of apps on MS Store
There may be times when Minecraft is not shown in your list of apps on the Microsoft Store. It simply means that you have a different version of Minecraft installed on your computer, or else you have installed Minecraft not using MS Store but through external sources.
If this case arises, you can delete the current version of Minecraft installed on your computer and download the latest version of Minecraft from the Microsoft Store.
“Something went wrong, try again” Pop-up
There may be cases where the users receive the error pop-up every time they try to update Minecraft.
The error code 0x8007049 refers to a Windows Update error. Follow the steps mentioned above to check whether you have updated Windows or not. After updating Windows to the latest version, try installing Minecraft again.
After trying all these methods, if the problem persists, you may have to reach out to Minecraft Customer Services and ask them to address this issue. Temporarily, you can run Minecraft in an android emulator like Bluestacks. Now, you must be clear on how to update Minecraft on Windows 10.
Here are some frequently asked questions.
What is the latest version of Minecraft of Windows 10?
Mojang Studios develop Minecraft. The game keeps regularly updating to eliminate bugs or add features. The latest versions of the game are 1.1.5 (before BE), 1.18.2 (after BE), beta 184.108.40.206 (beta after BE).
On what platforms can we play Minecraft?
Players can play Minecraft on PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and mobile phones as well. It supports all three platforms, namely Android, iOS, and Windows. It also supports Nintendo and Linux.
Is Minecraft free?
Minecraft is not free. You have to pay the price for the game. There is no legal way of having a full copy of the game. As the only price you pay is for the application, Minecraft is a one-time purchase.
How long is Minecraft's free trial?
Minecraft offers its users a 30-day free trial before buying the subscription. If you fail to cancel the subscription before the end of tenure, it will automatically make it permanent, and you will be charged for the subsequent term.
Can you have Minecraft Windows 10 and Java versions?
The answer is yes. Given that these two do not have anything in common, you can have both of them installed on your PC.
Minecraft is the most popular game among children. Moreover, you can play it on various platforms like Xbox, Playstation, PC, and mobile phones.
Minecraft released a particular version for Windows 10 named Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. There are times that players face issues and ask how to update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
It’s easy to resolve these issues, and you must be confident about how to update Minecraft on Windows 10 after reading this article.
Matt Brown is a senior editor. Following six years of professional consumer technology and gaming coverage, he’s focused on the world of Xbox and Windows PCs. You can follow him on Twitter @mattjbrown.