Hulu is a popular leading premium streaming service that offers live and on-demand TV movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the house. It is rare for errors to disrupt this amazing service platform. However, did a box pop-up on the screen showing hulu error code 504 while you were trying to watch your favorite show?
If you don’t know how to fix it, don’t worry because we are here to guide you through the methods on how to fix it in a very instructive manner. These are all fairly simple procedures, and the problem is a rather common one in recent times, very troubling, and can get very frustrating.
Table of Contents
What is Error Code 504?
Hulu is a highly popular US-based streaming app. And this live video streaming application is one of the most stable and user-friendly apps. To be honest, there are dozens of different Hulu error codes and Hulu error messages.
Some Hulu error codes indicate problems with the device a person is using, or else they are caused because of poor internet connectivity issues, and few are the result of hardware issues as well. One may also receive an error code if Hulu itself is experiencing service disruptions. But recently, many users are facing the problem of Hulu Error Code 504.
Error codes 503, 3 and 504 are also common while streaming shows in Hulu. They, too, are errors related to internet connectivity.
How To Fix Hulu Error Code 504?
Method #0 Use Advanced System Repair Pro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Check Internet Connection
- Close all apps and programs running on your pc or phone. Go to the taskbar for PC users, then click on processes, and manually close the Hulu app running over there.
- Turn off the other devices connected to the network.
- Bring the router closer or connect the device to the router using an ethernet cable.
- Reboot the device you’re attempting to watch Hulu from and check if it has fixed the hulu error code 504.
Clear Browser Cache
If the above solution tends not to work, the browser cache may have gotten corrupted and therefore requires a necessary fixing. Browser cache makes internet browsing faster by downloading essential images, data, and documents. This will surely help to sort out the hulu error code 504.
The steps to clear browser cache are given below:
- Open Google Chrome (assuming that is your default browser) > you’ll see three dots standing on top of each other in the right top corner of the page. Click on it.
- Click on More Tools > Clear browsing data
- A menu will appear. Select a time range. You can do it based on the time period it has been since the error has shown up. Ex – if you first noticed the error a week ago, selecting a Time Range of “Last 7 days” would be more reasonable.
- Click on advanced > check the boxes Browsing history, Download history, cookies, and other site data and cached images and data as shown below.
- Click on clear data.
- Reboot the system.
Update the Hulu App
The big companies’ employees are active and keep themselves updated on their customer’s latest complaints and problems. It is little acts such as these that maintain the good faith between consumers and sellers. So an update might as well have been initiated.
- To check for Hulu updates, go to the Microsoft Store by click on Start > Microsoft Store. If yours is a Windows 10, it should appear like this:
- In the Microsoft store window, click on the three adjoined dots (menu) on the right top > then download and updates
- Now, click on Get Updates > the downloading will take some time.
- After the download completes, open Hulu and check it works.
App updates fix the latest problem and go further in making applications run smoother and in a more consumer-friendly way. It is a common practice in the market. Quite often, an app update solves a handful of errors and abnormalities. Thus to fix hulu error code 504, an update is only solution you need.
If none of the aforementioned solutions works for you, you might as well try an entire system, Power Cycling.
Much like a reboot, it is the act of turning an electrical piece of equipment off and then on again. To do it, turn off your PC or Phones, then your routers/modems. If you’re using a hotspot from your phone, turn it off along the phone’s internet connection, and then go for a reboot of the phone. Now check if your problem has been resolved or not.
We hope at least one of these solutions have worked for you. The solutions mentioned above works for a majority of people, but if it didn’t work in your case, we still have two additional steps you can do to fix the hulu error 504.
Alternate Ways to fix Hulu Error
Contact the Support Team
The Error Code – 504 may offer due to an anomaly in the Hulu servers as well.
Contact the Hulu support team and inform them about your problem. They’ll look into your case individually and sort things out!
Uninstall and Re-install the App
This is the last resort.
Uninstalling problematic apps is a common practice, but did you know that the windows uninstaller does not wipe out everything related to the app you intend to uninstall. Junk files and registries are still left behind in the system, which does not usually amount to much in relation to size and remains invisible to us. Thus to get rid of hulu error code 504 on Roku or any other platform, you can try this simple method.
So we suggest using a third-party uninstaller. There are many TPUs out there in the market and free to use.
In case you don’t want to use a third-party installer, here’s how you uninstall an app.
- Start > settings> apps.
- Under apps and features, you’ll find many apps listed accordingly.
- Click on the app you intend to uninstall, and an uninstall option would appear.
Optimize your Hulu App Performance
If your Windows PC or laptop is running slow or causing various errors and issues, then it is definitely suggested to scan your system with the PC Repair Tool available on the internet. This is a multifunctional tool that helps in scanning errors, detected on your PC and fix those computers errors, remove malware, hardware failure, prevent file loss, and repair the corrupted system files to speed up the Windows PC performance. You just need to download and install the tool, the rest of the work is done automatically.
All the methods we have summed up have been tested and proved to work. They are a quick-fix to the hulu error 504. We hope it works for you too.
See Also: 4 Ways to Fix Xbox One No Signal Error
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂