HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working: HyperX cloud headphones were a sensation when they were launched and nowadays are seen in every other gaming station or in gamers’ bedrooms. With the value they provide at the cost, it is not a surprise how many of them are out there in use.
With that much number of users, it is certainly obvious for some of the users to face one issue the other. However, the most common issue faced by HyperX Cloud 2 users is that they find its microphone not working in games or while trying to record something. This is a major concern and acts like a bad stain on a really beautiful dress.
5 Ways to Fix HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working in Windows 10
There can be a number of reasons why the users are facing HyperX cloud 2 mic not working, including some software problems and the hardware, that is, the mic itself is broken or dead. We will try to cover the most common ones along with what we can do to resolve the issue.
Method #1 Check if the Microphone switch is in on State
This is one of the silliest, yet common mistakes users make that leads to HyperX cloud 2 mic not working.
Simplest of fixes would be to check the USB controller on the Headphones itself and looking at the Microphone switch if it was by mistake left at OFF state.
Also Read – How to Fix Flash Player Not Working in Chrome
Method #2 Update Windows Operating System to the latest stable version
This will enable us to have the latest audio drivers required for the microphone to work if they were not already installed. However interruptive and disturbing the nature of Windows Updates may be, they are pretty important to keep up with latest technologies and providing support for the latest and the greatest hardware without users having to hustle for the latest drivers
1. Go to control panel or settings app in windows by searching for it or using the gear like an icon that appears at the bottom left corner near the power icon in the start menu.
2. Go to the option Update and Security, and after clicking on the Updates tab, click on Check for updates or click on Install updates if there are already necessary updates detected by the Windows operating system.
3. Make sure that you have a strong and reliable connection to the internet before trying to update the windows and do not shut down the machine while it is being updated as it may lead to corruption of data and damaging the hard drive permanently.
4. After the updates are installed, reboot the machine and wait patiently till all the updates are installed before shut down as well as during the startup. Now try if the microphone on HyperX cloud works or not.
Method #3 Disable and Re-Enable the Microphone in Sound Settings
If the settings for audio are incorrect and if there are more than one audio input ports or devices connected to the computer and default device is not the HyperX cloud 2 microphones for recording, you might face the issue of HyperX cloud 2 mics not working.
To correct this,
1. Right click on the Sound icon on the taskbar and click on Sounds. In the window that pops up, go to the Recording tab.
2. In the empty space or on any of the devices listed, right click and check the checkbox of Show disabled devices.
3. Enable the device you want to use (HyperX Cloud 2) depending upon which port you have connected to, and set it as default.
4. Also, check if the sound volume is not set to zero or near to zero as you will not be able to use the mic in such case.
5. You can also try troubleshooting through the windows settings to see if the mic is detected properly and if the mic is able to record the user’s voice. You can also check if the apps you want to use the microphone on HyperX cloud 2 in have access to use the microphone.
6. To do this, go to the Settings app and navigate to System and then Sound. At the bottom in the large central pane, there will be an option of App volume device preferences in which you can control per app volume of the input as well as output devices connected and currently being used.
7. This should resolve the issue HyperX cloud 2 mic not working if the issue was due to incorrect configuration of audio devices or audio recording volumes.
Method #4 Reinstall Drivers for The Microphone
1. Go to device manager by right clicking on This PC icon on the Desktop and click on manage followed by clicking on device manager in the left pane of the window that opens.
2. Go to audio inputs and outputs, and from the list that collapses, right click on your device and select uninstall.
3. Now disconnect the HyperX Cloud 2. Shut down the computer and start it again.
4. Now reconnect the device, and it will automatically install the drivers. If it doesn’t, go to the device manager again, scan for new hardware using the magnifier icon in the top bar and install the microphone of HyperX cloud 2 manually.
Check Out – How to Fix Dell Laptop Plugged in Not Charging
Method #5 Check for Hardware Issues
If you have reached this far without any solution to the problem HyperX cloud 2 mic not working, then it is possible that something might be physically wrong with your HyperX cloud 2.
First, check if all the power and data cables of the HyperX cloud 2 are in working condition without any damage along with the 3.5 mm jack connectors and the USB connector. The USB connection is for providing power to the headphones so if sufficient power is not provided by some USB port of the computer due to power limits or power management settings, try other ports or simply connect the USB connector of the headphone to a power bank or battery bank that has 5V output.
Similarly, you can try connecting the Microphone and Audio connectors (3.5mm jacks) to a different port on the back or the front of your computer. Try some other headphones or microphone on the same ports to see if the port has an issue. Clean the ports without the use of any water or liquid cleaner and try re-plugging it.
You can also try and check if the microphone has been unsettled by your touch or jerks while shipping or it is used. Align it properly where it should rest and then see if it solves your issue of HyperX cloud 2 mic not working.
- 1 5 Ways to Fix HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working in Windows 10