HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working: HyperX cloud headphones are a sensational device during and after the launch. Nowadays, you can find them in every other gaming station or gamers’ bedrooms.
With the value they provide at the cost, it is unsurprising how many of them are in use. With that large number of users, it is undoubtedly apparent for some users to face one issue the other.
However, the most common issue that HyperX Cloud 2 users face is that they find its microphone not working in games or while trying to record something. This is a significant concern and is a nasty stain on a stunning dress.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Ways to Fix HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working in Windows 10
- 2 FAQs
- 2.1 Why is the HyperX Cloud 2 microphone not working?
- 2.2 How can I fix the HyperX Cloud 2 microphone that won't work?
- 2.3 Are there particular programming settings for the HyperX Cloud 2 mouthpiece?
- 2.4 Can HyperX Cloud 2 microphone stop working because of a physical problem?
- 2.5 How long is the HyperX Cloud 2 headset warranty?
- 3 Conclusion
5 Ways to Fix HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working in Windows 10
There can be many reasons why the users are facing HyperX cloud 2 mic not working, including software problems and the hardware, that is, the mic being broken or dead. We will try to cover the most common ones and what we can do to resolve the issue.
Method #1 Check if the Microphone switch is in on State
This is one of the silliest yet most common mistakes users make that leads to the HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working.
The simplest of fixes would be to check the USB controller on the Headphones itself and look at the Microphone switch if it was by mistake at OFF state.
Method #2 Update Windows Operating System to the latest stable version
This will enable us to have the latest audio drivers needed for the microphone to work if not already, during or after installation. However interruptive and disturbing the nature of Windows Updates may be, they are pretty essential to keep up with the latest technologies and provide support for the latest and the most significant hardware without users having to hustle for the latest drivers
- Go to the control panel or settings app in Windows by searching for it or using the gear icon at the bottom left corner near the power icon in the start menu.
- Go to the Update and Security option and click the Updates tab. Click on Check for updates or Install updates if there are already necessary updates by the Windows operating system.
- Ensure you have a strong and reliable connection to the internet before trying to update the windows, and do not shut down the machine. In contrast, it is being updated, as it may lead to data corruption and damage the hard drive permanently.
- After the updates are installed, reboot the machine and wait patiently until all the updates are installed before shutting down and during the startup. Now, try if the microphone on HyperX cloud works or not.
Method #3 Disable and Re-Enable the Microphone in Sound Settings
If the audio settings are incorrect, there is more than one audio input port or device connected to the computer, and the default device is not the HyperX cloud 2 microphones for recording, you might face the issue of HyperX Cloud 2 mics not working.
To correct this,
- Right-click on the Sound icon on the taskbar and click on Sounds. In the window that pops up, go to the Recording tab.
- In the space or on any of the devices listed, right-click and check the checkbox of Show disabled devices.
- Enable the device you want to use (HyperX Cloud 2) depending upon which port you have connected to, and set it as default.
- Also, check if the sound volume is not set to zero. Or near zero, as you cannot use the mic in such a case.
- You can also try troubleshooting through the Windows settings. It will help you to see if the mic is detected properly. And also if the mic can record the user’s voice. You can also check if the apps you want to use on HyperX Cloud 2 have access to the microphone.
- To do this, go to the Settings app and navigate to System and Sound. At the bottom, in the large central pane, you will find an option for App volume device preferences. You can control per app volume of the input and output devices connected and currently being used there.
- This should resolve the HyperX cloud 2 mic not working due to incorrect configuration of audio devices or audio recording volumes.
Method #4 Reinstall Drivers for The Microphone
2. Go to audio inputs and outputs, and from the list that collapses, right-click on your device and select uninstall.
3. Now disconnect the HyperX Cloud 2. Shut down the computer and start it again.
4. Now reconnect the device, and it will automatically install the drivers. If it doesn’t, go to the device manager again. Scan for new hardware using the magnifier icon on the top bar. And install the microphone of HyperX Cloud 2 manually.
Method #5 Check for Hardware Issues
If you have reached this far without any solution to the problem, the HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working. Then, something might be physically wrong with your HyperX Cloud 2.
First, check if all the power and data cables of the HyperX Cloud 2 are in working condition without damage. Along with the 3.5 mm jack connectors and the USB connector. The USB connection is for providing power to the headphones. So, try other ports if the computer’s USB port does not provide sufficient power due to power management settings. Or connect the USB connector of the headphones to a power bank with 5V output.
Similarly, you can connect the Microphone and Audio connectors (3.5mm jacks) to a different computer port. Try other headphones or microphones on the same ports to see if the port has an issue. Clean the ports without water or liquid cleaner, and try re-plugging them.
You can also try to check if your touch or jerks change the microphone’s position while shipping or when it is used. Align it properly where it should rest. And then see if it solves your issue of HyperX cloud 2 mic not working.
Why is the HyperX Cloud 2 microphone not working?
The HyperX Cloud 2 microphone might not work for several reasons. It could be because of a bad connection, the wrong audio settings, a problem with the software, or the microphone itself.
How can I fix the HyperX Cloud 2 microphone that won't work?
To resolve the issue, ensure the headset is securely in place, and the microphone is not on mute or disable mode. Check the microphone on a different device to determine if the problem is unique. If the issue persists, contact HyperX customer support or consider purchasing a replacement warranty.
Are there particular programming settings for the HyperX Cloud 2 mouthpiece?
The HyperX Cloud 2 headset microphone needs specific software settings to function correctly. The HyperX software can be installed from the official HyperX website. Lastly, you can check the microphone's performance by adjusting the volume, noise cancellation, and other settings with the software.
Can HyperX Cloud 2 microphone stop working because of a physical problem?
The HyperX Cloud 2 headset's microphone may stop working due to physical defects. It may need fixation or replacement if the microphone has a problem, such as a loose connection or a damaged microphone capsule.
How long is the HyperX Cloud 2 headset warranty?
The HyperX Cloud 2 headset's warranty period can differ from region to region and retailer to retailer. HyperX typically provides a warranty of one to two years for its headsets. Check the HyperX warranty terms and conditions or contact customer support for accurate warranty information for your particular headset.
We hope with help from this guide, you solve the HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working error.
Gravit Sinha: Founder of ValidEdge, a problem-solving website, driven by his lifelong passion for fixing issues.