IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error is a very common issue. But don’t worry as we have 5 Ways to Fix IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error. After following one of these ways, you will be able to overcome this problem. Sure, the Windows 10 has a lot of pros but can prove to be troublesome at times.
One trouble it can give its users is unreasonable high CPU usage in Task Manager. High CPU usage results in increased PC temperature and unpleasant fan noises. And there is a high possibility that you might not be able to find out which application is the real culprit behind it.
Read Also: 5 Evergreen Ways to Fix a Vape Pen in 2019
From its very nature, IAStorDataSvc High Usage Error only affects Windows computers. So, if you are already facing this error and want to fix it or you want to be prepared for it beforehand, this article will help you in various ways to fix the IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error.
What is IAStorDataSvc?
Before going on to fixing the problem, you should know what “IAStorDataSvc” means. IAStorDataSvc is Intel Storage Data used by Intel Rapid Storage Technology. The purpose of this service is to give users faster and more convenient access to computer programs and online applications that they use most frequently.
How to Fix IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error?
Problems arise, and new solutions are developed. In this rapidly changing technology environment, more modern and better ways of solving a problem are continually growing. There are various ways to fix the IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error. Some of them are listed below.
Method 1: Uninstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology
1. At First, press Win + R and the Run command box will appear on your screen.
2. Then type “appwiz.cpl” in the command box and click on OK.
3. A window Uninstall or change a program will appear on your screen. Find Intel Rapid Storage Technology & choose Uninstall button at the top bar.
It is all you have to do if you want to fix the IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error by Uninstalling the programme. Afterward, you have uninstalled the programme, wait for a while and leave your system in the background. Uninstalling Intel Rapid Storage Technology is not a big deal since it can be re-installed in the future whenever you want to.
Method 2: Disable the service
Another way to fix the IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error is to disable the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Following is the procedure to do it:
1. Press Win+R and the Run command box will appear.
2. Then type “services.msc” in the dialogue box and click on OK.
3. Afterwards, press “I” to locate Intel Rapid Storage Technology option then double-click on it.
4. Then a box will appear on your screen. Under the head General, change the Startup Type to Disabled. Click on OK and Apply changes.
5. Then exit the Services Window, and the problem will be taken care of.
Method 3: Updating Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller Driver
1. At First, go to Intel support website, type the keyword “Intel Rapid Storage Technology” and press Enter.
2. Then choose the driver that suits your device’s operating system and click on it to go to the download page.
3. Afterwards, on the download page click on the Blue option to download the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
4. Following Is the procedure to get the device driver updated:
- At First, open Windows Device Manager by pressing Windows+X together. From the options menu that appears on your screen, select Device Manager.
- In this window expand the categories and locate the device for which you want to update the driver. For instance, under the Network Adapters category, you will find an option named Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Then right click on it and choose Update Driver Software option.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click on Browse my Computer for driver software.
- Then click on Browse to find the downloaded driver’s location.
- Afterwards, hit Next to install the driver.
5. Finally, after installing the new driver, restart your system to make changes.
Don’t Forget to check these out –
Method 4: Uninstall Antivirus Program
1. Reports show that some Antivirus Program have caused this error. To fix IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error, you can uninstall Antivirus software like Norton or AVG.
Method 5: Change BIOS settings
Some users have reported that by changing SATA controller to AHCI on BIOS settings can do the trick for you.
We have mentioned 5 methods to fix IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error. In case the first 3 methods do not work, we have given a couple of alternatives. Although, we don’t advise to use the “Change BIOS Settings” method unless you are aware of what you are doing. You may cause various error to your system if you are not aware of what you are doing and some faulty changes happen in the BIOS settings.
- 1 What is IAStorDataSvc?
- 2 How to Fix IAStorDataSvc High CPU Usage Error?
- 3 Conclusion