The Kernel Data Inpage Error is a widespread error on all windows device irrespective of the windows version you are using. It is also referred to as BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error. When the kernel data Inpage Error occurs, there occurs a blue screen on your PC soon after your reboot your system or reopen it from sleep mode.
As a temporary solution, you can restart your system and continue to operate. But if this error occurs generally, then it is better to fix the issue.
Why does Kernel Data Inpage Error Occur?
Before we explore below for methods to fix the error, let’s look at the causes for the error mentioned above.
- Viruses: The malware and viruses are corrupt files of the operating system which leads to such kind of errors.
Also Fix: What is Atiedxx.exe? 4 Ways to Fix It
- The problem in hard disk or RAM: Faulty RAM and inaccessibility of essential files of the operating system cause Kernel Inpage Error.
- Corrupted installation: Sometimes the recently installed software may lead to hindrances like this.
How to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error in Windows 10, 8 & 7
If you are also one of the victims of the error stated above, then the article is denoted for all such users, the various methods to be applied are given below. Hope it helps you out.
Method 1: Run chkdsk
The chkdsk or check disk tool scans and fixes the erroneous disk. The Kernel_Data_Inpage_Errors Windows 10 are commonly caused due to faulty discs. Therefore, it is suggested to run the check disk command on the Command Prompt. Follow the below-given steps to execute the tool:
Also Check: Windows 10 100% Disk Usage in Task Manager
1. At First, press Windows Key+X on your keyboard & choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
2. When prompted for confirmation, simply press Yes.
3. Then type the below-written command and Press Enter. Don’t forget to type Y.
chkdsk C: /F /R
4. Tool will run and may ask for a restart. Simply, reboot your system. Now see if the error is resolved or not, if not then explore other methods.
Method 2: Check System Log in Event Viewer
View the Logs in Event Viewer to find the errors on the system devices. The instruction to be followed are listed below-
1. At First, go to Start Menu.
2. Then type Administrative Tools in the Search Bar. Simply, click on it to open.
3. Afterward, from the opened window double click on Computer Management.
4. Then expand the Event Viewer tree present on the left panel of the screen.
5. After this, expand the Windows Logs tree and choose System.
6. Finally, check below for the error messages and identify the device causing the error.
Method 3: Set Paging File Management to Automatic
If the Kernel Data Inpage Error is caused due to paging management, then the follow given steps can be executed to resolve the error.
1. At First, press the Windows Key+E simultaneously to open the File Explorer.
2. Then search for This PC, right click on it & Select Properties.
3. Afterward, click on Advanced System Settings present on the Left Panel.
4. From the opened window, switch to Advanced tab & click on Settings under the Performance category.
5. Then navigate to Advanced tab & click on Change.
6. Then check if the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box is ticked. If disabled, check the box and click OK to apply the changes.
Now see if the problem persists, read further for more solutions.
Method 4: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
The Memory Diagnostic Tool is inbuilt on every system. If the Kernel Data Inpage Error has caused due to improper functioning of the RAM (Random Access Memory), then you can run the memory diagnostic tool. Steps to be followed are:
1. At First, go to Start Menu.
2. Then type Windows Memory Diagnostic on the Search Bar.
3. Afterward, click on the searched option.
4. You can choose either Restart now and check for problems (recommended) or Check for problems the next time I start my computer.
5. You can see the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool in working mode.
Method 5: Scan for viruses on your system
The Kernel Data Inpage Error can be even removed by scanning the system for viruses and other threats. For this purpose kindly install a good antivirus on your system and scan the viruses and malware. Then scanning and killing the harmful viruses on your system can help to resolve the problem.
Method 6: Update your Device Drivers
The old and incompatible drivers on your system can lead to issues like Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU usage. As one of the fixes to the problem try updating the drivers.
Also Fix: Svchost.exe High CPU Usage
1. At First, download and install third-party software Driver Easy.
2. Then run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button.
3. This will scan the drivers and find the problematic drivers on your system.
4. Afterward, click the Update button labeled before scanned device drivers.
5. Finally, reboot your Computer.
Method 7: Clean OS installation
It is the last method suggested for resolving the Kernel Data Inpage error. If the problem seems to exist still reinstall your Windows again. Before you go for re-installation, recommend keeping the backup of the drive to save the relevant files. These suggested seven methods are the best available solution for the Kernel Data Inpage Error for Windows 10, 8 & 7. I hope the article was helpful to the readers and their problems have resolved.
- 1 Why does Kernel Data Inpage Error Occur?
- 2 How to Fix Kernel Data Inpage Error in Windows 10, 8 & 7