It is easy to uninstall apps on a desktop or laptop, but this happens only when the system gives administrative rights to remove any application from the system securely. Other than this, the user needs to do something else to remove an app from the system. When the user no longer requires the need of Microsoft Teams in the system, they will uninstall it to make space in the system but sometimes Microsoft Teams won’t uninstall.
Microsoft Teams is one such software or application in the computer system with different installation and uninstallations processes. It comes with multiple methods to install and uninstall. Specific processes are required to make Microsoft Teams install and get uninstalled so that the system works smoothly. Learn to fix the Chromium when it won’t start.
Check this also: How To Fix Microsoft Outlook 2010 Only Opening in Safe Mode?
Different apps are in a system through various processes, and that particular process decides how the same app will get uninstalled. There are portable apps that can easily be by simply deleting the app, and the user won’t need to take administrative permission to do the task. For other ones, the process might be quite different.
Table of Contents
Microsoft Teams Won’t Uninstall
Microsoft Teams is a software that is in a bundle with Microsoft 365 if the user is using the company’s account or the corporate account. Uninstalling Microsoft Teams is not that simple compared to other applications if the user is using a corporate or company-based account. These accounts have certain policies that disable the user to uninstall Microsoft Teams from the system.
See also: 5 Ways to Fix NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue Error
Ways to Fix Microsoft Teams Won’t Uninstall
Few steps in different options that might help the user uninstalling Microsoft Teams from the system are below.
See Also: Fix Skype Not Detecting Webcam With This Simple Guide
Steps to uninstall Microsoft Teams from Settings
This is the first method to follow if Microsoft teams won’t uninstall.
- The settings app should be open first.
- Now the user needs to go to the Group of Apps settings.
- The user will have to select the option named Apps and Features from the tab.
- Now click on the given two apps to uninstall them one by one. They are- Microsoft Teams and Machine-wide Teams Installer.
Steps to uninstall via PowerShell
The second method to follow if Microsoft Teams Won’t Uninstall.
- With admin rights by the user, the user needs to open PowerShell.
- Now the user will have to run a script mentioned here so that the script of the execution policy can be different.
- The moment the execution policy gets in the system, copy the script into the window of Power Shell so that the user can remove Microsoft Teams.
Steps to Uninstall Microsoft Teams Application from Control Panel
The third method to follow if Microsoft Teams Won’t Uninstall.
- The user needs to open Control Panel from right-clicking on Start button, which can be by right-clicking on the start menu. Then choosing Uninstall a program from Programs tab. If the user has many apps installed in the system. Then they can use the search tab option to find the app they want to uninstall.
- In the Uninstall or change a program tab, the user needs to search for the ‘’Microsoft Teams’’ option in the search box. The user will find it as Microsoft Teams if it was installed as the per-user installer.
- The user can now select Microsoft Teams and select the uninstall option to remove the app from the system.
See also: 7 Ways To Fix Microsoft Word Not Responding in Windows 10/8.1/8/7
The company or corporate-based systems come with licenses that create certain problems while uninstalling Microsoft Teams needs care and proper precautions. If the steps mentioned above do not help the problem. Then in that situation, the user may ask the system admin for their help to remove Microsoft Teams from the system.
Uninstalling the Microsoft Teams application might have complications, unlike other applications in the system. So, if the user does not want to use that particular application in the future, they can uninstall it through the given processes mentioned above. It might be a lengthy process to uninstall the Microsoft Teams application from the system and complicated too. Still, in difficult, complex situations, contact experts in the same field. Tired of the Error Occurred While PowerPoint Was Saving The File? Click here and fix it!
See also: 5 Ways To Fix NVIDIA Installer Failed In Windows 10
Matt Brown is a senior editor. Following six years of professional consumer technology and gaming coverage, he’s focused on the world of Xbox and Windows PCs. You can follow him on Twitter @mattjbrown.