Many users face this issue with their system’s Mo USO worker process. Don’t worry! We will provide methods to fix the issue of Mousocoreworker.exe preventing sleep. After following these methods, you can fix this issue successfully.
Mousocoreworker.exe is a part of the Windows Update operation that controls update sessions. It generally works in the background and does not interfere with the normal processes. But it often wakes up your computer to check for updates.
So let’s move forward and learn the methods to fix the issue of mousoworker.exe preventing sleep in Windows.
See Also: 10 Ways To Fix System Service Exception Error In Windows 10
Table of Contents
- 1 Methods To Fix MoUsoWorker.exe Preventing Sleep In Windows
- 1.1 Uninstall The Incompatible Applications
- 1.2 Disable The Wake Timers To Stop MoUsoWorker.exe
- 1.3 Disable Update Orchestrator Service (UOS)
- 1.4 Disable The Task Scheduler
- 1.5 Update The Windows To The Latest Version
- 1.6 Change The Startup Type Of the Windows Update Service
- 1.7 Run Windows Update And Power Troubleshooters
- 1.8 Overrule MoUso Core Worker Process Request
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Methods To Fix MoUsoWorker.exe Preventing Sleep In Windows
Here are some strategies that should fix the problem of mousoworker.exe preventing sleep.
Uninstall The Incompatible Applications
The MoUSO Core Worker Process runs continuously if any third-party application is synced with your system. One such application is GoodSync. Thus, uninstalling or disabling it may fix the problem of mousoworker.exe preventing sleep.
- Open Settings by pressing the Windows+I keys together. Click on Apps in the Settings window. Then, from the left pane, select Apps and Features.
- From the list of apps that appear in the left pane, select Good Sync and then click on Uninstall.
- On the confirmation prompt that appears, click on Uninstall. Again, on the Uninstall GoodSync window, select Uninstall.
- On the GoodSync Runner pop-up, select Yes. Finally, Goodsync is uninstalled from your system. After the uninstallation, restart your system to check if the issue is solved.
So, by following these steps, you can uninstall GoodSync, which should help mousecoreworker.exe keep pc awake.
Disable The Wake Timers To Stop MoUsoWorker.exe
A wake timer automatically wakes your system to complete specified tasks at a specific time. But it may disturb the system in sleep mode, which causes uso workers preventing sleep in Windows. To disable wake timers, follow the steps listed below:
- Press the Windows+R keys together to open the Run window. In the Run dialog box, type control.exe powercfg.cpl,,3 command.
- Now, click to expand the Sleep settings in the Power Options window. Then, expand Allow Wake Timers option. Select Disable for both On battery and Plugged in options.
- After that, select Apply and then Okay to save the changes. Then, restart your computer and check if the issue is fixed.
You can follow these steps to disable wake timers, which may resolve MoUsoWorker.exe preventing sleep issues.
Disable Update Orchestrator Service (UOS)
Specifically, UsoSVC organizes Windows updates and performs tasks such as downloading, verifying, and installing them. This may involve MoUSO Core Worker directly, which may cause mousocoreworker.exe to prevent sleep. Follow the steps below to fix MoUsoWorker.exe, preventing sleep issues.
- In the Windows search bar, type Services. Then, right-clicking on Services, select Run as Administrator from the menu.
- In the Services window, right-click on Update Orchestrator Service and click on Properties.
- Then, in the General tab, click the drop-down menu next to Startup type and select Disabled.
- Finally, click on Apply and Okay to save the changes. After this, restart your system.
Thus, you can follow these easy steps to disable UOS, which may be one of the reasons that cause this error.
See Also: 3 Ways To Fix GDI+ Window Preventing To Shutdown
Disable The Task Scheduler
Task Scheduler is a program that lets you schedule and executes tasks on your system without interfering manually.
Thus, an automated task can wake your system and let the user worker awake the computer. Therefore, follow the steps below to disable Task Scheduler:
- Press the Windows+R keys together to open the Run window.
- On Run Dialog Box, type taskschd.msc. Then select Enter to open Task Scheduler.
- In the Task Scheduler Window that appears, go to the Task Scheduler Library, then Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator folder present on the left pane.
- Right-click on Schedule Scan present in the UpdateOrchestrator folder and click on Disable. Restart your system.
Thus, these are the steps to follow if you want to disable Task Scheduler to fix the MoUsoWorker.exe preventing sleep issues.
Update The Windows To The Latest Version
Updating Windows to the latest version helps to fix bugs and other valuable features, including mousocoreworker.exe preventing sleep issues. Follow the steps below to update your pc to the newest version.
- Press Windows+I keys together to open Settings.
- Click on the Update and Security option.
- On the Update and security window, click on the Windows Update tab and select the Check for Updates option.
- Then, click on the Install Now button if a new update is available.
If not, a message showing You’re up to date will be visible.
Change The Startup Type Of the Windows Update Service
Windows update service that is configured to start manually may prevent your system from sleeping if a process attempting to trigger the service fails to complete. Thus, the issue of mousocoreworker.exe preventing sleep can be solved by changing the startup type by following the steps below:
- In the Windows search box, type Services. Select Run as Administrator to open the Services window.
- In the Services window, select and right-click on the Windows Update service. From the menu, click on Properties.
- Then, in the General tab, change the Startup type to Automatic. Click Okay to save the changes. Again, select and right-click on the Windows Update service in the Services window. From the menu, click on Restart. Close the Services window once the update gets started.
Run Windows Update And Power Troubleshooters
Troubleshooting detects and fixes any problems that may be present in your system. As the MoUso worker process is related to Windows updates, troubleshooting may resolve the issue of mousocoreworker preventing sleep. Follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows+I keys together to open Settings. Select the Update and Security option on the Settings window.
- Then, click on Troubleshoot option present in the left pane. Now, select Additional Troubleshooters from the right pane.
- Click on Windows Update from the troubleshooter list that appears. Click on Run the Troubleshooter to start the process. Restart your system to check the status of the issue.
If the issue of mousocoreworker.exe preventing sleep still does not resolve, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Troubleshoot option in the left panel of the Settings window.
- Then, click the Power option from the right panel and select Run as Troubleshooter. Reboot your system after the troubleshooting process is finished.
Following these steps should fix this issue of uso workers keeping the computer awake.
Overrule MoUso Core Worker Process Request
This method can also fix the issue of mousocoreworker.exe preventing sleep by modifying the power settings. Follow the steps below:
- In the Windows search bar, type the command prompt. Click on Run as administrator to open Command Prompt.
- Type the command ‘powercfg /requests override process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe execution’ to overrule the MoUSO Core Worker Process request. Then press Enter. After implementing the previous command, type ‘powercfg /requestsoverride’ command to confirm the overrule process and press Enter.
Thus, you can follow these steps to fix the issue on Windows.
What is mousocoreworker.exe?
The mousocoreworker.exe is a Microsoft process that helps an operating system in managing in installing window updates.
Can i disable the mousocoreworker?
Yes, you can disable or even uninstall the mousocoreworker to let your system sleep without any fail.
Is it okay to let the computer in sleep mode
Yes, it is fine to use sleep mode for your device unless there is no risk of power outage in your device
what is the advantage of mousocoreworker
It is an automatic process which can tun on your system from the sleep mode if it detects any issue during while updates
We hope this article will help you fix the issue of mousocoreworker.exe preventing sleep and that you can successfully resolve this issue using the abovementioned methods. To avoid this issue, always try to keep your system up-to-date.
See Also: 10 Ways To Fix Failed To Connect To Windows
Aloukik Rathore is a Delhi-based entrepreneur, musician, writer, and tech nerd. He has been blogging for about 7 years now.