Imagine creating friends online while playing your favorite video game. The Origin client is an online platform that offers a wide range of video games. Users can browse several games and purchase them from Electronic Arts’ catalogs. After the purchase, users can download a game as many times as possible. The Origin allows users to interact with each other, make and add friends, play games together, and the application even offers a chat feature. However, the users have complained that they can’t send friend request origin or can’t find friends on Origin. The problem may be due to poor internet connections, some permission-related problem within the app that causes the can’t add friend error on Origin.
Table of Contents
- 1 Solutions To Fix Origin Can’t Add Friend.
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Solutions To Fix Origin Can’t Add Friend.
If you are also facing the issue Origin can’t add friend or if you can’t find friend on Origin, this article is perfect for you. Here, we discuss some methods that can quickly solve the error.
Checking Your Internet Connection
The problem may arise because of poor internet connections. Ensure that the connection is stable and fast, as slow connections will affect the application’s performance. Different ways in which you can assure smooth internet connections are:
- Open your browser and see if the other pages take time to load.
- Restart the modem/router and see if the connection gets better.
- If the issue persists, inform the service provider as it may be a central issue.
- Wireless connections can be weak and slow; therefore, a wired connection might help.
Running As Administrator
Whenever errors like Origin can’t add friend occurs, check whether Origin runs as administrator. BY allowing the app to run as an administrator, users can get special access to the app.
Disabling Antivirus Applications
The presence of third-party antivirus programs may also be a reason why some features of the apps don’t work correctly. Therefore, disabling the program might help in solving the issue. Disable the antivirus application and check if the feature of adding friends on Origin is still blocked. If the app runs smoothly, then keep the program disabled; otherwise, make sure to enable it to protect your PC.
Clearing Cache To Solve Origin Can’t Add Friends
While using an app, many unwanted data are stored, which may cause these issues. Clearing the cache is always recommended.
- Next, press Windows + R keys, the Run dialog box opens.
- Now, type %ProgramData%/Origin
- A window opens. Here, leaving LocalContent, remove all other files
- Again press windows + R keys and type %AppData% in the dialog box.
- Press enter, a window opens. Here delete the folder named Origin.
- Next, click on App Data located in the address bar
- The origin folder under the local folder needs to be removed
- To complete the process, restart the PC
Turning Of Windows Firewall Defender
When windows firewall defender is turned on, it may block the feature origin add friend. Therefore, turning it off might help in solving the problem
- The first step is to open the system and security from the control panel
- Here, choose on windows defender firewall
- Next, click on the option turn windows firewall on or off
- choose to turn off windows defender firewall (not recommended)
- To complete the process, select OK.
Login To Your Account Again
Relogging to the account might also help fix Origin can’t add friend.
- Go to the origin app and select the origin tab and click Go offline
- Go to the website of Origin and logout from there as well
- Log back again to your account try sending a friend request
Use Login As An Invisible User.
Origin app also offers a feature known assign in as invisible user.
- Log out of your origin account
- Next, try signing in again. This time check the box named sign in as invisible.
- See if it solves the problem.
Reinstalling Origin app
If none of the above methods work, then try reinstalling the app. There may be some problems with the application, and therefore, reinstalling the app with the latest updates might help solve the issue.
Here are a few FAQs regarding the Origin can’t add friend error.
How To Open Origin Overlay?
Access the Origin overlay by pressing Shift + F2. The overlay feature offers an additional experience as users can access friends lists and messages without closing the game.
Why Is My Account Not Showing Online On Origin?
The issue might have arrived due to missing administrator permissions. If the origin.exe administrator is granted permission, it may solve the problem. Another way is to disable proxy servers as they may also block Origin from logging in or downloading.
Can Sims be Played Even After Uninstalling Origin?
Once the Origin client is uninstalled from the computer, the user won’t get access to play o download any game until the app is reinstalled.
See also : Fix Origin Error Code 9.0 [Complete Guide]
Now that you have reached the end of the article, we are sure one of the methods has helped you resolve Origin can’t add friends.
For further information, visit the Origin website.
As a technology news reporter based in India with diverse knowledge of covering stories for Microsoft products, my job at ValidEdge is to bring the latest fixes of Windows Errors and even of other errors in a precise and unbiased way.
My experience includes managing technology websites, writing/editing articles, and delivering well-researched how-to guides in a timely manner.