Razer Synapse is a remarkable product of the famous company Razer. It allows you to rebind controls or add macros to any of your Razer peripherals and save all of your settings to the cloud automatically. However, sometimes the Razer Synapse Not Working. In today’s issue, we’ll walk you through 5 easy steps to follow if you face Razer Synapse not opening problem.
It allows users to assign macros, configures their device, control RGB and much, much more. It is a must-have for any user who wants to customize his or her experience with Razer devices and add a bit more productivity as well as fun.
Although, one of the issues that many users that have Razer devices plugged into a computer with Windows 10 installed on it face is the one where Razer Synapse doesn’t work for them. This issue ranges from the application not opening, freezing, not being able to connect to the internet, or not detecting the connected Razer Devices.
Table of Contents
- 1 4 Ways to Fix Razer Synapse Not Working in Windows 10
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
4 Ways to Fix Razer Synapse Not Working in Windows 10
In this article, we will have a closer look at all the possible things that may have been causing the Razer Synapse not working problem in Windows 10 and how to correct them.
Method #1 Run the Razer Synapse Application as Administrator
This is a quick and easy fix for the problem Razer synapse not working.
- Right-click on the Razer Synapse icon on the Desktop or the Start Menu and click on Run as an administrator, and click on Yes on the following prompt.
- You can also turn on the option of running the application every time with administrator privileges by right-clicking and then going to properties -> General -> Run this program as administrator, making sure the checkbox is selected and applying the settings.
Method #2 Update Windows Operating System to the Latest Stable Version
While this may sound a silly thing to do, and however annoying the Windows 10 updates may be, the updates may or may not include some features. So, updating the Windows Operating System is the first thing you can try to correct the problem Razer Synapse not working.
- Go to control panel or settings app in windows by searching for it or using the gear like the icon that appears at the bottom left corner near the power icon in the start menu.
- Go to the option Update and Security, and after clicking on the Updates tab, click on Check for updates or click on Install updates if there are already necessary updates detected by the Windows operating system.
- Make sure that you have a strong and reliable connection to the internet before trying to update the windows and do not shut down the machine while it is being updated as it may lead to corruption of data and damaging the hard drive permanently.
- After the updates are installed, reboot the machine and wait patiently till all the updates are installed before shut down as well as during the startup.
Now try if the Razer devices are being connected and activated successfully and if now the Razer Synapse works as expected.
Check Out: Unidentified Network No Internet Access in Windows 10/8/7
Method #3 Install the Latest Version of the Software
One of the more common reasons behind Razer Synapse not working in Windows 10 is using the outdated version of the software and the drivers for the devices. You can try reinstalling the latest version of Razer Synapse and see if that helps you.
Remove These Errors Also:
- Update Error 0x8000ffff Windows 10
- Windows Update Error Code 0x80070643
- Error Code 0x8024a105 Windows 10 Update
- Download the latest installer of Razer Synapse from the link: https://www.razer.com/synapse-3.
- Open control panel or settings app using the gear-like icon in the start menu just above the power button.
- Go to apps, and scroll down to Razer synapse, and anything that installed with it and uninstalls all Razer software.
- In the case of 32 bit and 64-bit installation. Go to Program Files (x86) or Program files folders respectively.
- Now keeping the Razer devices plugged in, go to device manager. To open device manager, right click on This PC icon and select manage…
- In the device manager, right click on all the Razer devices that are on the list and uninstall them all.
- Now disconnect the devices. Shut down the computer and start it again. If you were using Razer keyboard or mouse as the only peripherals.
- Now reconnect the devices, and install the Razer Synapse software we have already downloaded from the official site. Close all running applications.
Reboot the computer and see if it got rid of the error Razer Synapse not working in windows 10.
Also Read – How to Fix Dell Laptop Plugged in Not Charging
Method #4 Disable the Antivirus/Firewall or add Razer Synapse to Exceptions (or Whitelist)
Some of the antivirus programs like avast are to protect Windows operating system and the drivers for hardware in connect. To protect from it being assessable as well as letting it edit by third-party software. And also in the attempt to maintain security and authenticity of the user experience.
This can sometimes lead to some apps like Razer Synapse not having the ability to pass through firewall or antivirus programs. Even for its normal operation.
How to overcome the problem of Razer synapse not working if the antivirus or firewall is blocking it:
- Open the antivirus program you have installed or the windows defender. Do it from the start menu or clicking on the application icon on the Desktop.
- Go to settings and navigate to block application activity or something similar. As not all applications have the same user interface.
- In the exceptions, you can add Razer Synapse software, and do a reboot of the system. After the reboot is complete, you can check if you still find it not working as it primarily should.
- You can also try disabling the firewall or antivirus temporarily to see if that clears the issue as well.
How to make Razer Synapse stop running on startup?
How to launch Razer Synapse on the Macintosh?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to run Razer Synapse on Mac. Download the proper installer from the Synapse 2.0 download page (Windows O.S. or Mac OS). Save the installer and run it. Please install the application after it has finished downloading. … Log in to your Razer ID account when you've completed the installation.
How safe is Razer Synapse?
It is entirely safe to use. Users need to understand that Razer Synapse controls the working of the mouse and the keyboard, and it is not a virus of any form. Don't worry; give it a try.
Does Razer Synapse cause crashes?
Razer Synapse 3 may crash unexpectedly, fail to launch correctly or cease working. This could be due to admin limitations, corrupted or missing Synapse 3 files, or a simple log-in issue.
Although being a big help to your Razer products, Razer Synapse can occasionally cause difficulties with Opening. There’s no need to panic since you can quickly pull yourself out of all the commotion and get Razer Synapse back on track by following the simple procedures outlined in today’s issue.
I hope you find today’s topic, ‘Razer Synapse not opening,’ FIXED! Useful and that it solves your concerns. P.S. Some fixes can be a bit time-consuming, so be patient.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂