Razer Synapse is a remarkable product of the famous company Razer. It allows you to rebind controls or add macros to your Razer peripherals and automatically save all your settings to the cloud. However, sometimes the Razer Synapse is Not Working. In today’s issue, we’ll walk you through 5 easy steps to follow if you face Razer Synapse not opening problem. To fix this error, check your firewall or antivirus software configuration to ensure it is not blocking the app.
Follow the steps >> Under “Services,” check if “Razer Synapse Service” and “Razer Central Service” are running. If not, right-click “Razer Central Service” and select “Start.” Otherwise, select “Restart.” Do the same for “Razer Synapse Service.”
Although, one of the issues that many users with Razer devices plugged into a computer with Windows 10 installed on it face is the one where Razer Synapse doesn’t work for them. This issue ranges from the application not opening, freezing, inability to connect to the internet, or not detecting the connected Razer Devices.
4 Ways to Fix Razer Synapse Not Working in Windows 10
In this article, we will look closely at all the possible things. That may have been causing the Razer Synapse not working problem in Windows 10 and how to correct them.
Method #1 Run the Razer Synapse Application as Administrator
This is a quick and easy fix for the problem RazSynapsepse not working.
- Right-click on the Razer Synapse icon on the Desktop or the Start Menu, click Run as an administrator and click Yes on the following prompt.
- You can also turn on the option of running the application every time with administrator privileges by right-clicking and then going to properties -> General -> Run this program as administrator, making sure the checkbox is selected and applying the settings.
Method #2 Update Windows Operating System to the Latest Stable Version
While this may sound silly, and however annoying the Windows 10 updates may be, the updates may or may not include some features. So, updating the Windows Operating System is the first thing you can try to correct the problem of Razer Synapse not working.
- Go to the control panel or settings app Windowsows by searching for it or using the gear like the icon at the bottom left corner near the power icon in the start menu.
- Go to the option Update and Security, and after clicking on the Updates tab, click on Check for updates or Install updates if the Windows operating system already detects necessary updates.
- Ensure you have a strong and reliable connection to the internet before trying to update the windows and do not shut down the machine. In contrast, it is being updated as it may lead to data corruption and damage the hard drive permanently.
- After the updates are installed, reboot the machine and wait patiently until all the updates are installed before shutting down and during the startup.
Now try to see y if the Razer devices are being connected and activated successfully and if now the Razer Synapse works as expected. Also, Check this out to fix Unidentified Network No Internet Access in Windows 10/8/7
Method #3 Install the Latest Version of the Software
One of the more common reasons behind Razer Synapse not working in Windows 10 is using the outdated version of the software and the drivers for the devices. You can try reinstalling the latest version of Razer Synapse and see if that helps you.
- Download the latest installer of Razer Synapse from the link: https://www.razer.com/synapse-3.
- Open the control panel or settings app using the gear-like icon in the start menu above the power button.
- Go to the app, scroll down to Razer Synapse and anything installed, and uninstall all Razer software.
- In the case of 32-bit and 64-bit installation. Go to Program Files (x86) or ProgrFilesles folders, respectively.
- Now keeping the Razer devices plugged in, go to the device manager. To open the device manager, right-click the This P.C. icon and select manage.
- In the device manager, right-click all the Razer devices on the list and uninstall them.
- Now disconnect the devices. Shut down the computer and start again if you were using a Razer keyboard or mouse as the only peripherals.
- Now reconnect the devices, and install the Razer Synapse software we downloaded from the official site. Close all running applications.
Reboot the computer and see if it got rid of the error Razer Synapse not working Windows 10.
Method #4 Disable the Antivirus/Firewall or add Razer Synapse to Exceptions (or Whitelist)
Some antivirus programs Avast, protect the Windows operating system and the drivers or hardware in connection. To protect it from being assessable and let it be edited by third-party software. And also in the attempt to maintain n security and authenticity of the user experience.
This can sometimes lead to apps like Razer Synapse being unable to pass through h firewall or antivirus program, even for their regular operation.
How to overcome the problem of RazSynapsepse not working if the antivirus or firewall is blocking it:
- Open the antivirus program you have installed or windows defender. Do it from the start menu or click on the application icon on the Desktop.
- Go to settings and navigate to block application activity or something similar, as not all applications have the same user interface.
- In the exceptions, you can add Razer Synapse software and reboot the system. After the reboot, you can check if it is still not working as it should.
You can also try temporarily disabling the firewall or antivirus to see if that clears the issue.
How to make Razer Synapse stop running on startup?
Locate the green Razer icon in your notification area, right-click it, and choose Settings from the menu. The up arrow may obscure the icon to the left of your system tray icons. Click the Show on Startup option again to uncheck it in Splash Screen. The splash screen will not appear when you sign in to your computer, and the splash screen will not appear.
How to launch Razer Synapse on the Macintosh?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to run Razer Synapse on Mac. Download the proper installer from the Synapse 2.0 download page (Windows O.S. or Mac OS). Save the installer and run it. Please install the application after it has finished downloading. … Log in to your Razer ID account when you've completed the installation.
How safe is Razer Synapse?
It is entirely safe to use. Users need to understand that Razer Synapse controls the working of the mouse and the keyboard, and it is not a virus of any form. Don't worry; give it a try.
Does Razer Synapse cause crashes?
Razer Synapse 3 may crash unexpectedly, fail to launch correctly, or cease working. This could be due to admin limitations, corrupted or missing Synapse 3 files, or a simple log-in issue.
Although being a big help to your Razer products, Razer Synapse can occasionally cause difficulties with Opening. There’s no need to panic since you can quickly pull yourself out of all the commotion and get Razer Synapse back on track by following the simple procedures outlined in today’s issue.
I hope you find today’s topic, ‘Razer Synapse not opening,’ FIXED! Useful, and it solves your concerns. P.S. Some fixes can be a bit time-consuming, so be patient.
Gravit Sinha: Founder of ValidEdge, a problem-solving website, driven by his lifelong passion for fixing issues.