Second Monitor Not Working in Windows 10 is a very common issue. But don’t worry as we have 4 Ways to Fix Second Monitor Not Working in Windows 10. After following one of these ways, you will be able to overcome this problem. Having a broader view always enriches our experience of technologies, and same is the case with your laptop and desktop. Consider you are at your workplace and you have to deliver a presentation. Then connecting and displaying the presentation on a projector is much more convenient as compared to your desktop. It gives a better sense of understanding and visibility. Also for some unmatched gaming experiences, the option of a second monitor is widely populated among the youngsters these days as it enriches their joy.
But what if your laptop is unable to detect your second display, and you are struck in mid-way. Such a condition is tiresome and needs to be resolved immediately so that it doesn’t hinder your working pace. Here are some of the methods you can follow to fix Second Monitor not Detected bug on your laptop/desktop.
How To Fix Second Monitor Not Working Issue
Given below are some of the possible ways to resolve the issue of Second Monitor Not Working. We hope that this will undoubtedly be of much use.
Method #0 Use Reimage Plus (Strongly Recommended)Reimage will quickly repair common computer errors, protect you from file or data loss, malware, trojans, hardware failure and optimize your PC to boost for maximum performance. Fix PC issues now using 3 easy steps:
- Download this Windows PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows license key.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Method 1: Hardware Issues
The most basic and foremost thing to be taken care of, are the connections.
1. Do make sure that all your devices are properly connected, and no faulty or loose connections is causing the error. If so, just make the proper changes, and everything will be fine. Do check for the possibilities of faulty connections in both the devices.
2. Also, do try the different slots being provided in your device to resolve the issue. Also, you should once restart your device to check whether the issue has resolved or not.
3. If you are wirelessly connecting the devices, then make sure that connection has established correctly and that the devices are correctly paired.
4. You might try these options with an alternate device as well to rectify whether the concerned devices are working correctly or not. It might be possible that the devices you are trying to connect aren’t compatible with each other and thus causing the error in connection. Hence it’s also advisable that you check the working of the devices using some alternate device as well to be sure about your devices.
Method 2: Updating The Drivers
After ensuring all the hardware possibilities still if you are unable to resolve the issue, then comes the software part. You need to ensure that whether your devices are up to date with the drivers and if not so, update the device with an appropriate latest updated version of drivers available. Follow the below-mentioned steps to make the changes:
1. After connecting your Second Monitor, open Device Manager (you can use the search tab to open Device Manager) and under Device Manager, look for Display Adapters.
2. Right-click on the appropriate concerned device and click on Update Driver.
3. A Pop-up screen will appear which will ask for your choice of updating the drivers. You can either update the drivers manually (opt for this option only if you are well aware of your device and the driver which will be compatible with your device) or allow the computer to look for the available updated drivers for your device automatically. Make your selection accordingly.
4. Once updated, don’t forget to Re-start your device to apply the changes made. Updating the drivers resolves the issue of Windows 10 Not Detecting Second Monitor.
Method 3: Get Back To The Previously Installed Drivers
Sometimes getting back to the Previously Installed Drivers also resolves the issue. The newly installed drivers might not be compatible with your device, and they might be causing the error. So, rolling back to the previous version of drivers might resolve the issue for you. Follow these simple steps to get back to your previous version of drivers.
1. Open Device Manager and under Device Manager look for Display Adapters.
2. Right-click on the appropriate device and click on Properties.
3. Then click on Roll-Back Driver driver under the options available.
4. A Window asking for the reason why are you rolling back the driver will display. Answer the question and click on Yes.
5. After completion of these steps, you will roll back to the previous version of drivers and your device will be back to working state.
Method 4: Manufacturer’s Website
You can also directly visit the manufacturer’s website to install the latest version of drivers and get rid of your problem if you are well aware of the version of the driver and compatibility of it, with your device. Some of the common manufacturer’s include INTEL, NVIDIA, etc. Directly downloading the drivers from their website and installing it correctly can help fix your Second Monitor Not Working problem. But don’t forget to Re-start your device once after the installation is complete to make the changes into play.
The methods mentioned above will certainly help you fix the second Monitor Not Working problem and are straightforward to implement. To ensure all the connections to all the devices and after making any changes do remember to Re-start your device once, to make the changes visible. After this you are all set, just connect your device to the second display and cherish the experience.
Feel free to ask us, if the problem persists. We would love to assist you regarding the same and provide the best possible solution for your device.