Service Host Local System High Disk Usage is a very common issue. But don’t worry as we have 3 Ways to Fix Service Host Local System High Memory Usage. After following one of these ways, you will be able to overcome this problem.
“Desires are just a wish to achieve something but Dreams are not merely wished but a set of stubborn ideas that can revolutionize the world.” –Charles Dickens
The great and honorable gentleman explained it in simple and lucid words that there is a vast gap between a desire and a dream. A dream is a much broader term than desire, and it has a higher scope than it. A desire cannot contribute much to solve a problem for instance in the form of an error but a dream to make your system hassle-free can do. Just a few rundowns of technical information can be in the form of revolution for your PC for its independence from the bullying errors.
A broad scope of errors is possible in each area of your system as a malfunction in any sphere of your system will cause a new error flashing. Regarding this error, Service Host Local System High Disk Usage is a common error, and it is visible when task manager is opened and is visible as it is taking away all your CPU speed and other useful resources. It is a bunch of system processes which includes numerous tasks running in it. Hence takes an ample space and efficiency of the CPU.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix Fix Service Host Local System High Disk Usage in Windows 10
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix Fix Service Host Local System High Disk Usage in Windows 10
Throughout this guide, there is a proper step by step instruction provided to ace over the error service host local system high disk usage. Numerous people around the globe face this error and till date. A proper guide is not available, but following ours, you can guarantee victory. As a whole lot of background processes and functions keep running, a precise account has to be kept of them or errors of these kinds prevail in the system. Follow the guide faithfully and get the desired results. Chase these steps precisely to troubleshoot the error service host local system high disk usage in Windows 10:
Method #1 Repair and Fix Windows Update
It is firmly believed that one of the background processes which utilizes the best out of CPU is windows update. It can be a silent killer for your system which can backfire resulting in errors like these. Do try this step if the rationale behind the error is Windows Update.
1. At First, proceed to Control Panel by pressing the Windows Key from the Keyboard.
2. Then click on View by Category & choose System and Security .
3. Afterward, choose Security and Maintenance.
4. Go to Troubleshooting and then choose Fix Problem with Windows Update which is located below that option itself.
4. Then select Next & click on Try troubleshooting as an administrator. Prefer a Restart to make better out of step executed.
Method #2 Block a Few Specific Services
Navigate and find the specific services that are adding their part to make this error more haunting and scary. If you hit those small services that constitute the whole process, it would be far easier to defeat the entire process and throw away the error Service host local system high disk usage.
1. At First Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar located at the bottom of the desktop.
2. Then open the drop-down list associated with the Service Host: Local System to find out the other processes associated with it.
3. Afterward, click on any one the process for instance, and hit End Task from the bottom right corner of the tab to close that service. Do this with every process under Service Host: Local System.
Also Fix: Fix Discord Won’t Open Error
4. Then keep an eye on the CPU usage. If you’re able to find file causing the issue then Right Click on it and select Open Services to stop it.
5. Now, find the service with the same name & right click on it to Stop.
Method #3 Disable Superfetch
Till now the error must solve, but if not do not worry as the darkest fear of all errors the Command Prompt comes into the scene. With the execution of a few coherent commands the error service host local system high disk usage will sign off, and the way will clear.
You Might Be Facing: Windows 10 100% Disk Usage in Task Manager
1. At First, hit Windows Key+X together and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list visible.
2. Then feed the following command in the Command Prompt:
net.exe stop superfetch
and then press Enter.
3. Also, execute another command to ensure that the errors have no roots left fully:
chkdsk.exe /f /r
Afterward, type Y to provide confirmation for disk check.
4. Restart your system to implement the commands executed.
Method #4 Set Your Internet Connection as a Metered Connection
Service Host Local System consumes a lot of disk space as well as a lot of network connectivity too. So if you are facing this issue, then you can change your Internet connection to a metered connection to solve this issue. Follow the steps:
1. Click on Start Menu and search for Settings in the search bar.
2. Select Network & Internet option.
3. Now, a new window will appear, search for WiFi here on the left side and click on it.
4. Scroll down & find the option Set as Metered Connection under Metered Connection. After that, just Enable it.
Method #5 Update Device Drivers to Latest Version
Outdated, missing or corrupt device drivers on your PC can create a lot of problems for you, so updating them to their latest version is highly recommendable if you want to use your computer without any disturbance and interruption. They can be the reason behind the high CPU or Disk usage in your PC.
Update the latest device drivers in your computer manually or by using any third- party tool like DriverEasy, it will automatically scan for the latest updates of the drivers in your computer and will update them in a short period. While, if you upgrade your drivers manually, you have to spend a lot of time and efforts on it. So use DriverEasy to get your work done in no time.
Method #6 Disable Automatic Updates
This is a difficult or risky task to choose but many users have actually rectified the error of Service Host Local System High Disk Usage by disabling the Windows Updates on their PC for quite some time. This method can help you to fix the issue permanently with no risk of it troubling you again.
Also Fix: Delete System Error Memory Dump Files
However, this should be the least preferred method by you as updating Windows time to time is essential for the efficiency of your system. But if you want to try this follow the steps:
1. Press Win+R keys simultaneously to directly open Run command window.
2. Type “services.msc” in the search field and press Enter on your keyboard.
3. A new window will appear which contains contains all services that are running on your PC.
4. Search for the service that says Windows Update and double-click on it. A popup window will appear named as Windows Update Properties.
5. In the Startup type select Disabled mode.
6. Choose Apply and click OK to save the changes. This should fix service host local system high disk usage error.
Hence, we arrive at the end of the content in which we discussed in detail the various measures to solve the error service host local system high disk usage in Windows 10. The heavy usage of CPU is the cause of the problem. It the dilemma can quickly sort out if you follow the steps mentioned accurately and efficiently. Windows 10 is turning out to be a storehouse for errors. It is evident that tons of new errors are being accumulated in this robust and latest operating system.
The Microsoft Corporation has least bothered about the errors and problems faced the users in their daily lives. It is also somewhat not informed about how the users are facing compelling circumstances. But until we are ready and are on time for your rescue, you do not need to worry for even a second or a moment also. The amount of efforts and hard work we put in to deliver quality content is considered remarkable by all you viewers. That is why we get loads of good responses in return. Looking forward to your useful comments and feedback below.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂