Smite is a growing free-to-play application and one of the best MOBA video games. This application runs on Microsoft Windows, Xbox, and PlayStation 4. Recently, Windows 10 have complained about facing specific issues regarding Smite crashing on startup.
The reason why a glitch occurs in Smite launches may be corrupted files or antivirus applications. A few ways to fix this error are to check the presence of an Antivirus, verify the integrity of the game files, and Check whether Hi-Rez Authenticate and Update Service is running. Some other fixes include reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, uninstalling the updates for Microsoft Visual C++ X86, uninstalling the EasyAntiCheat Program, and installing the game on an SSD Drive.
Fixes for Smite crashing on startup are discussed in great detail below. To completely understand how to solve this issue, keep reading this article.
See Also: Fixed: Crusader Kings 2 Crash On Startup [Complete Guide]
Table of Contents
- 1 Smite Crashing On Startup Easy Fixes
- 1.1 Check The Presence Of Antivirus
- 1.2 Verifying Integrity Of The Game Files
- 1.3 Check Whether Hi-Rez Authenticate And Update Service Is Running
- 1.4 Reinstalling The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
- 1.5 Uninstalling The Updates For Microsoft Visual C++ x86
- 1.6 Uninstalling The EasyAntiCheat Program
- 1.7 Installing The Game On An SSD Drive
- 1.8 Moving msvcr100.dll Or msvcp110.dll Files To The SysWow64 Folder
- 1.9 Try Creating A New Account
- 1.10 Running The Game On a Single Monitor
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Smite Crashing On Startup Easy Fixes
If you are one of the users facing smite crashing on startup issues while enjoying your favourite game, don’t worry. Here are some solutions that will help you fix the problem.
See also: Minecraft Crashes On Startup Issue: How To Fix It
Check The Presence Of Antivirus
Sometimes you might experience smite freezing because of the antivirus application. To prevent confronting the problem, you might add Smite to the exclusions list of the antivirus application. A few apps don’t allow the smooth running of games.
In this case, disable some features of the antivirus application. If the error still occurs, it would be better to remove the application. Try downloading that antivirus application that allows the smooth running of apps like Smite.
Verifying Integrity Of The Game Files
When the game files are corrupt, it may result in smite crashing on startup. Some steps might help to verify the files.
- Start by right-clicking on the steam app and next tap run as administrator
- Locate the library tab and find Smite from the games listed. Right-click on it and then properties.
- In this step, go to local files under properties and then select.
After completing the above steps, restart the game and check if the issues are fixed
See also: Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing? Here’s How to Fix It
Check Whether Hi-Rez Authenticate And Update Service Is Running
When Hi-Rez Authenticate and Update Service is not running or is disabled, there occurs a glitch in Smite launching. To make sure that it is running, go through these steps.
- Press Windows + R keys together, the run dialog box appears. Here, type services.msc and then press enter.
- A list of services will appear. From the list, find Hi-Rez Authenticate and Update Service. If it is disabled, right-click and select properties.
- Convert the startup type to automatic and then press start. Save the changes by pressing the OK button.
- Restart the PC to check whether this fixed smite crashing on launch issue
Reinstalling The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
If there is a problem with the Visual C++ 2010 components, it can result in the smite keeps freezing issues.
- Go to control panel. Convert View by to category and then select uninstall a program
- A list of the installed program appears. Choose there Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and Uninstall it.
- Reinstall the same and try running Smite. This should fix the issue.
Uninstalling The Updates For Microsoft Visual C++ x86
After updating the Microsoft Visual C++ x86, users may often face the crashing issue on Smite.
- Open the Settings, then locate Update & Security. On the right sidebar, go to view update history.
- Under uninstall, updates, right-click on the update and uninstall it. Restart Smite to check if the error is resolved.
Uninstalling The EasyAntiCheat Program
If the EasyAntiCheat program faces any problem, the user may face crashing issues, which is a crucial part of Smite. To fix the errors, uninstalling the EAC file from the Smite folder might help. Follow these steps:
- Press Windows + E keys together, the file explorer opens. Type the following: c: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\SMITE\Binaries\EasyAntiCheat.
- Right Click on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup file and click Uninstall. Check whether the problem is fixed by restarting the program. If the error persists, uninstalling the EasyAntiCheat file will be best.
Installing The Game On An SSD Drive
If Smite is installed on the hard drive, you might face Smite crashing on startup issues. Hard drives run slower than SSD. If you face such problems, try installing Smite on an SSD drive.
Moving msvcr100.dll Or msvcp110.dll Files To The SysWow64 Folder
The .dll files are Windows DLL files that are present in many applications. These folders/files may also cause the Smite launcher crashes. It can be resolved by moving these .dll files to SysWow64 folders.
- Install the 32-bit DLL file on your PC. Open file explorer and go to the c:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64 directory.
- Paste all the necessary DLL files to the SysWOW64 folder. Restart the Pc to check if the issue is resolved.
Try Creating A New Account
If your Smite account faces any problems, you may face crashing issues. Follow these steps to fix the error:
- Click on Settings and go to the Accounts section.
- You’ll see an option for “other people.” Select it and then click Add someone else to this PC. A window appears. Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Next, go to add a user without a Microsoft account. Next, create a Microsoft account. Create a new tab with username and password, and then select Next. Switch to the new account and see if the error is fixed.
Running The Game On a Single Monitor
Smite freezing issues may also occur when two or more devices stream simultaneously. Many users have also faced this issue. Therefore, to resolve it, using a single monitor is advisable.
See also: Steam Game Won’t Launch Issue | 8 Ways To Fix
What does pts mean in SMITE?
The Public Test Server (PTS) tests major patches before their release to the official/live Smite installation. The servers are available for use only at specific times.
How do I fix Smite waiting on game data?
Some solutions might be restarting services from the client, killing the HiPatchService.exe Process in Task Manager, starting to make a new account, installing or uninstalling HirezService, or reinstalling Smite.
Can Smite run on 32-bit?
Smite might run terribly on 64-bit mode for many users, resulting in auto-close at a random moment. However, in the 32-bit mode, it runs nice and smooth.
Smite crashing on startup can be very common. Next time you face this same issue, we hope that this article will be helpful for you in fixing it.
See also: 4 Ways to Fix Xbox One No Signal Error
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.