Avast Secure browser protects and secures your online experience from viruses, online trackers, and hackers. But it might be unpleasant that the Avast Secure Browser pops up whenever you start your computer. So you might want to stop Avast Browser from opening on startup.
If the browser is open and you want to stop Avast Browser from opening. Now in the Settings menu, click the On Startup option on the left side. Once there, disable the Launch Avast Secure Browser automatically when your computer starts the option. If you are on any other website, you might want to check this article on Quickbooks not working.
This post will discuss how to prevent Avast Secure browsers from opening during startup. You’ll also learn to remove the browser from Windows and Mac computers altogether.
See Also: How to stop Steam opening on startup?
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Stop Avast Browser Opening on Startup?
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
How To Stop Avast Browser Opening on Startup?
Here is a list of methods to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup.
Disable Avast Browser opening on startup from Task Manager
You can disable apps from opening on startup from the Task Manager on your PC. Here is how you will be able to do it:
- Right-click on the Start icon and open Task Manager from the menu. Near the top of the window, navigate to the Startup tab on the tabs bar.
- In the list that appears, scroll down to find Avast Secure Browser. Right-click on Avast Secure Browser and click on Disable.
Disable Avast Browser opening on startup from Settings
Another process to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup is going to Windows Settings. Here is how you will be able to do it:
- Open settings by pressing the Windows+I buttons at the same time. Select the Apps section. Then go to the Startup tab from the list. A list with all the apps that open on startup will appear.
- Search for Avast Secure Browser and click on the toggle switch to turn it off in the list.
See Also: How to disable Avast Antivirus?
Modify Avast Browser Settings
The feature “Launch Avast Secure Browser automatically when your system starts” in Avast Browser settings is enabled automatically. This is the reason why your Avast Browser keeps opening on startup. All you need to do is turn this off. Here is how you will be able to do it:
- Open the Avast Secure Browser. Click on the three dots at the window’s top right corner to open more options.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click on the Settings button. Click the On Startup option, which you can find on the left side of the settings menu. Disable the option labeled “Avast Secure Browser when your computer starts” by clicking on the toggle switch beside it.
Hopefully, the Avast browser will not open during startup anymore.
Check Avast Antivirus Configurations
The Avast browser may keep opening on startup even after disabling or changing the default browser. This might result from the Avast product on your computer, e.g., the Avast browser could be in a bundle pack with the antivirus software. In that case, you must stop Avast Secure Browser startup by changing Avast Antivirus configurations. Here is how you will be able to do it:
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu. Click on Programs and Features.
- Look for Avast Antivirus in the new window that pops—Right-click on it. Click the Change button, which will be present next to the Uninstall option. In the new Avast antivirus configuration window, uncheck the browser option. After this, you must restart your PC once to check if Avast Secure is still opening on startup.
Use Windows Autoruns to stop Avast Browser on Startup
In addition to using Task Manager and Windows settings to prevent Avast Browser from starting up, you may also use a utility known as Autoruns. This is a comprehensive tool that Sysinternals developed. This lets users retrieve in-depth info about the processes and apps that run automatically during booting. So, you can use Autoruns to disable Avast Browser opening on startup. Here is how you will be able to do it:
- First, you have to download the Autoruns utility. Once you finish downloading, extract the zip file to the desired location on your PC.
- Next, go to the folder where you have extracted Autoruns. Right-click on either Autoruns.exe or Autoruns64.exe (depending on whether your system is a 32-bit or 64-bit).
- Now, select the Run as Administrator option in the drop-down menu. Once Autoruns has opened, go to the Logon tab.
- Here you can see a list of your system’s startup apps. You have to uncheck the Avast Secure browser from the list.
This will disable the Avast browser and not open on startup.
Uninstall the Avast Secure Browser
If no methods so far solve your issue and the Avast browser still keeps opening on startup, you may have to consider uninstalling the Avast browser.
Here is how you will be able to do it:
- Firstly, open Control Panel by searching for it in the start menu.
- Under the Programs section, click on uninstall a program button. This will work since it won’t start if the browser is not on your computer.
- A list of all the apps installed on your computer will appear. You must find Avast Secure Browser in that list and right-click on it. Then click uninstall.
- Follow the prompts that appear one by one to go through the uninstallation process.
- After uninstallation, you won’t see any Avast Browser pop-ups on startup.
See Also: Best Antivirus for MAC
Is the Avast Secure Browser compatible with Windows 10?
Avast Secure Browser runs fine with most Windows versions, which include Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 32 and 64-bit, Windows 10 32 and 64-bit. So, yes, it will be compatible with Windows 10 on your computer.
Is the Avast Secure Browser safe?
Avast is well known for its trusted antivirus software. But the Avast Secure browser has a negative reputation of leaking your information. Although Avast browsers promise anonymity, your IP address remains public all the time, even in the browser’s bank mode.
What is Avast secure browser?
Avast Secure Browser is a Chromium-based browser created by Avast, the renowned antivirus software brand. It is a free, open-source browser funded by Google and used in Chrome. It was launched in 2016 with the name Avast Safezone Browser, and later changed to today’s name in 2018.
Avast Browser opening on startup every time you start your PC can hamper your experience. It will also increase your booting time. This is why we have compiled a list of possible solutions to stop avast browser from opening on startup.
If you have any more solutions for stopping avast secure browser from opening on startup, write them down in the comments. Visit our website for more technical articles.
Gravit Sinha: Founder of ValidEdge, a problem-solving website, driven by his lifelong passion for fixing issues.