Windows is presently the most significant operating system company in the market. Every year, it brings new upgraded versions of OS, filled with new and exciting experiences like never before. These updates help us to work more efficiently and creatively. But after a period of using the system, you might face some issues that put a halt to your daily work. The Application Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000005) error can be a hindrance. In today’s times, when the whole world has shifted online, laptops/computers have become an integral part of everyday life, and a minor system error can ruin the entire project.
Application Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000005), Click to close the application. This error can occur in different versions of windows like 7, 10, etc.”.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why ‘Is The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000005)’ Happening?
- 2 Solutions For Application Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000005)
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Why ‘Is The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000005)’ Happening?
This error might occur due to a variety of reasons. Some of them might be
- DLL files have become corrupted, are incorrect, or not signed incorrectly.
- Access violation. When the system cannot process the files correctly, it may happen while running a specific application.
- It might also occur while installing Windows.
Solutions For Application Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000005)
If you are one of them facing the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005), Click ok to close the application. This article might be a great help for you. Let’s check some methods:
Check For Any Virus
Having malware on your computer/laptop is never good. It harms your system in many ways. There are varieties of malware like spyware, ransomware, etc.
These come in so many forms that it’s difficult to note which area or part of the system gets hampered. Doing a check on these types of malware, adwares once a week is always recommendable.
Clean Up SPAM
SPAMs are mainly unsolicited junk or, in simple words, the unwanted emails you receive in the form of “promotions.” These come along with many other viruses that result in the slowing down of your computer/laptop.
They do have the power to install themselves on your desktop and even access the computer/laptop’s camera and microphone. This may result in extreme circumstances. So, it’s always better to clean them up.
Updating The Operating System
- In the search box, type updates to check for any updates available.
- Next, click on check for updates
- If there are any updates available, install it
- To complete the process, install the optional updates as well and then restart your computer/laptop.
Try to keep your Windows operating system updated to the latest version to avoid issues like the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) error.
Using System Restore
- In the search box, search for system restore.
- A lot of options will appear. Click on Create a restore point.
- Select system restores and choose a different restore point and move on to the following step.
- Search for the options shows more restore points on the next page. If present, click the checkbox.
- Next, click on the restore point that you wish to and then select Next.
- In the next step, go through the instructions that appear on the screen.
Doing a system restore might be a helpful “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005 windows 10” fix.
Enable Windows Firewall
- Press the Start button in the taskbar
- Select Control Panel
- Next, select Windows Firewall
- Either turn on or off the windows firewall
- Next, in both the options, private networks or Public networks, select turn on windows firewall.
- Next, click OK.
This method might be helpful as it won’t allow malwares or hackers to access the computer/laptop.
Running SFC Scan
- Press Windows + r key together.
- Run prompt window opens. Here type cmd. Further, to provide admin permissions, press Shift + Ctrl+ Enter.
- Next, run the command prompt. Type the following: sfc/scannow and press enter.
- Now, the system will check for any corrupted folder/files and will automatically replace them.
This method is helpful as it searches for unwanted corrupted files/folders and removes them from your computer/laptop.
Fix Drivers That May Be Faulty
Drivers are software that helps computers/laptops to stay connected with the hardware. If these drivers are corrupted/damaged, the hardware doesn’t work correctly. Therefore, fixing the drivers might be helpful.
- Press Windows + X key and select Device Manager
The yellow marker drivers are to be selected and then select update software driver
- Next, click updated driver software. Next, the drivers are automatically updated.
Check The RAM
Sometimes when a new RAM, i.e., Random Access Memory, is added to the computer/laptop to improve its performance, it is seen that the error the application.
In this case, removing the Ram and restarting the computer will be the best option if “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00005 windows 7 64 bit”.
Registries help the computer/laptop read different files and settings needed to run the system. Sometimes the registries may get corrupted. To prevent losing the files, we recommend creating a backup. In case there is no backup, you may use this method.
- To continue with this method, make sure a registry cleaner is present on your PC.
- After the installation, open the application.
- Select the Registry tab and then click Scan for Issues
- Now, it starts checking the errors present. After the process is completed, an option Fix Selected Issue will appear. Select that, and the errors might get fixed.
Why does application errors mean?
Application error in the Windows system alerts the users of problems or instability in the computer system’s software.
What does application error 0xc0000142 mean?
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) error arises due to outdated programs. To solve this, make sure your application is up to date to its latest version.
Where is setup EXE located?
The setup EXE folder is located on the drive where Windows is installed.
When you face the application unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) error, we hope that this article will help you fix the problem. The methods mentioned earlier are effortless to follow. They will effectively resolve the error whether it occurred due to some particular application or while installing a new version of Windows.