Few users complain that they find the error of network path not found when they connect another computer in the same network. This problem refers to the error code 0x80070035. So what causes the error of the network path not found? This error code can be caused by many reasons like Firewall or antivirus software. Let us discuss four ways to solve the ‘network path was not found’ error. The windows network path not found problem occurs mainly if a file of the Windows Product Activation (WPA) is damaged or missing. So this error code occurs if one of the above conditions is true.
Table of Contents
Fixes For The Network Path Was Not Found
Let’s take at the solutions for the ‘the network path was not found error’.
So this is one way to solve the network path not found error, that is, verifying whether the drive is shared.
- Right-click the drive on the computer you want to access and choose the properties option.
- A window will pop up. Go to the Sharing tab and click on the Advanced Sharing button.
- One more window should appear now. Check the option “Share folder” and then confirm the share name. Click apply. And then OK to confirm the settings.
- Now you can check if the issue ‘the network path was not found’ is solved or not.
Ping The IP Address You Want To Target
So, the solution for the path not found is to check if the network channel is being connected correctly or not.
Follow these steps for solving the Microsoft network path was not found,
- On the target computer, press the Windows key and press the R key together with the windows key. You will come across a pop-up window. Type cmd in the box and press Enter to continue.
- After the command line window opens, type the command ipconfig/all and then press Enter key to continue.
- Now scroll down to check the IPv4 address and remember it.
- Now open the command prompt on the primary computer, type the command ping <IPv4 address to the target computer> now press Enter key to continue. Now check whether you get four confirmation replies.
- If you do not receive them, you need to run the Network Adaptor Troubleshoot. Now run the system once again and check if the error exists.
Related: – Fix: io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Error
Modify The Network Security Settings
This solution to solve the network path not found in Windows 10 is modifying network security settings.
Follow these steps to fix the issue:
- On your target computer, press the Windows key and R key together. You will notice the open Run dialog box appears on the screen. Now type secpol.msc in the box besides open. Click OK to continue.
- Now, in the pop-up window that will appear, click on Local Policies or the fourth option. Secondly, click on Security Options in Left Panel. Next select Network security: LAN Manager authentication level and then double click on it.
- Now, from the given drop-down menu, select the option Send LM and NTLM- use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- The error should not persist anymore
See also: [Fixed] How To Fix Hulu Error Code 504
Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP
This solution to solve error code 0x80070035 the network path was not found windows 7 is to enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP. Follow these steps:
- On Target’s computer, press the Windows key and at the same time press R to open the open Run dialog box. Now type ncpa.cpl in the box and click OK to continue.
- Now, right-click at the network tab and choose properties.
- Next, you have to click on Internal Protocol Version 4.
- Now, the pop window that will be on the screen selects Advance to continue.
- At the pop-up window, go to the WINS tab. Now check the option Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP. Now finally, click ok to save changes and continue.
This will help you solve the error.
This error might show up quite often. Although the problem arises due to multiple errors, one of these methods should fix the network path not found issue. I hope this article helped you with just that!
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.