Numerous clients like to utilize Touchpad rather than a customary mouse, however, what happens when the two-finger scroll all of a sudden quit working in Windows 10? Indeed, don’t stress; you can pursue this manual to perceive how to fix Two Finger Scroll Not Working issue. The issue may happen after an ongoing update or redesign which can make the touchpad driver contrary to Windows 10.
Two Finger Scroll is only a choice to look through pages utilizing your two fingers on the PC touchpad. These highlights work with no issues on a large portion of the workstations, yet a few clients are confronting Two Finger Scroll not working irritating issue. Now and again, Two Finger Scroll not working issue is caused because Two Finger Scroll is incapacitated in mouse settings, and empowering these choices will fix Two Finger Scroll Not Working issue.
Why Does Two Finger Scroll Cripple?
Once in a while, Two Finger Scroll not working error is caused because Two Finger Scroll is crippled in mouse settings, and empowering these choices will fix Two Finger Scroll not working issue. In any case, if this isn’t the situation, at that point don’t stress, pursue this underneath recorded manual for Fix Two Finger Scroll Not Working in Windows 10. The occurrences when touchpad parchment quits working, as a rule, happen after Windows refreshes or because of different issues now and again.
Touchpad scroll not working is an extremely regular issue that has been seen with numerous workstation clients. For the most part, the touchpad parchment is situated at the right side of the Touchpad of a PC. With the assistance of a solitary finger, one can without much of a stretch look up or down while perusing the web, records, reports, and so forth.
10 Ways to Fix Two Finger Scroll Not Working in Windows 10
Method #1 Check the Mouse Properties
Try to change the mouse pointer had worked for since times for Two Finger Scroll Not Working error. To proceed, follow the steps given below: If you are not aware of switching the mouse pointer, refer steps below.
- Click on Windows Key + I to open Settings then click on Devices icon.
- In the left-hand menu look for Touchpad button and press it.
- Navigate to the “Scroll and zoon” section and make sure to checkmark “Drag two fingers to scroll.”4. Lastly, close the settings.
Method #2 Switch the Pointer
- Type control in the Windows Search then selects Control Panel from the search result.
- Make sure “View by” defaults to Category. After this, click on Hardware and Sound.
- In Devices and Printers click on the Mouse. Now switch to Pointers tab under Mouse Properties.
- There is a drop-down menu available there, select the scheme of your choice from there. Click on apply followed by hitting OK.
Method #3 Try Rollback Driver
Update the system with rollback driver or solve the issue by going step by step as given below
- Click Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc followed by hitting Enter to which leads to the Device Manager.
2. Open the Mice and other pointing devices.
3. Right-click on the touchpad device and look for Properties. Now switch to Driver tab then click on “Roll Back Driver” button.
4. Finally to confirm, press Yes and after the driver rolls back is complete restart your device which saves the changes made.
Method #4 Uninstall Drivers in the System
Sometimes removing the existing drivers from the system and installing them again solves almost all technical problems. All the user has to do is follow the steps given below one by one carefully:
- Move to the Device Manager and expand Mice and other pointing devices. Click right on the touchpad device and select the Properties option.
- Switch to Driver tab then click Uninstall. Now confirm the step and after completing, restart the device.
Method #5 Update Drivers in the Touchpad
To update the drivers, proceed with the steps given below:
- Click on Windows Key + X then pick Device Manager.
- Expand Mice and other pointing devices. Select the Mouse device and press open its Properties window. Change o the Driver tab and click on Update.
- After that, choose to browse my computer, for the driver software.
- Next, to this, Select Let me pick from a list of drivers that are available on my computer.
Remember to check “Show compatible hardware” and then choose compatible Mouse from the menu and hit Next. Restart the device.
Method #6 Shut Down the PC and Restart
Sometimes a simple restart might fix the problem. For that, reboot the device. Try it twice to confirm that it is not the reset of the equipment that is causing the problem. If still Two Finger Scroll not working problem is not resolved then shut down the PC and switch to its Safe Mode.
Method #7 Check the Virtual Scrolling
Try Enabling the Virtual Scrolling from the Control panel to get the problem solved. For that, go step by step as given below:
- In the Start menu, go to Control Panel and open it.
- From here, select the Mouse option. Failing to locate the option, Click on the Hardware option to check if the Mouse option is available or not.
- After that, navigate to the Pointing Device Properties and choose “Device Settings.”
- Move the cursor down and select the “Virtual Scrolling” and “Long Distance Scrolling” options.
- Finally, select the Scrolling Region and denote the area where touchpad scroll is available on the Touchpad.
Method #8 Enable Two-Finger Scrolling
The error will occur if the two-finger scrolling feature is not on. Follow steps below to enable it.
- Select Hardware and Sound in the control panel. Under Devices and Printers option, click Mouse followed by Device Settings. Now move to the Synaptics Touchpad and click on the Settings button.
- Elaborate the Multi Finger Gestures, and check the box next to Two-Finger Scrolling. Click on Apply button.
Method #9 Utilizing the Synaptic Touchpad
Start by updating the Synaptics driver to its latest version. If the Synaptics touchpad driver isn’t installed, download it from the web. Restart the device if asked to do so.
After the driver is installed, navigate one by one to Settings > Device > Touchpad. After that, go to the Additional settings link which opens the Mouse Properties. Here, switch to the Device Settings tab and select Synaptics Touchpad in the devices options and then click Settings to open Properties.
Method #10 Take Help from Third-Party Tools
Do remember to download the zip file of Two Finger Scroll tool. This file shows compatible with 32-bit as well as 64-bit device systems. Extract the zip file to the desktop or any other disc drive. After this, click on TwoFingerScroll.exe file twice to run the application smoothly. This is only what needs to be done.
Although these methods will solve your problem, nobody knows where the actual problem is. If nothing works, the user must contact the manufacturer or the service center to get the device repaired if there is any other internal problem that might cause the issue.
However, the above-mentioned solutions can make the machine work properly to some extent. If the user is looking forward to handling the device manually, then follow the above steps carefully.
- 1 Why Does Two Finger Scroll Cripple?
- 2 10 Ways to Fix Two Finger Scroll Not Working in Windows 10
- 2.1 Method #1 Check the Mouse Properties
- 2.2 Method #2 Switch the Pointer
- 2.3 Method #3 Try Rollback Driver
- 2.4 Method #4 Uninstall Drivers in the System
- 2.5 Method #5 Update Drivers in the Touchpad
- 2.6 Method #6 Shut Down the PC and Restart
- 2.7 Method #7 Check the Virtual Scrolling
- 2.8 Method #8 Enable Two-Finger Scrolling
- 2.9 Method #9 Utilizing the Synaptic Touchpad
- 2.10 Method #10 Take Help from Third-Party Tools
- 2.11 Conclusion