The introduction of a new operating system also adds many enhanced features. But a new OS is never short of issues. Many users encounter many different kinds of problems. One such error is the Unexpected Store Exception Windows 10 error. To a large extent, this error is related to the Windows 10 OS. It gives you the blue screen of death (BSOD).pc ran into problem
Possible causes of this error are: damaged or outdated drivers, pending updates, bad sectors on the hard disk, corrupt system files, or some program installed on your system.
However, we give you a few ways that will help you tackle this issue.
Table of Contents
- 1 9 Ways to Fix Unexpected Store Exception Error
- 1.1 Method 1: Basic Steps To Fix Unexpected Store Exception Error
- 1.2 Method 2: Uninstall Your Antivirus Program
- 1.3 Method 3: Run Disk Check Utility
- 1.4 Method 4: Check For Windows Apps Updates
- 1.5 Method 5: Update Computer Drivers
- 1.6 Method 6: Run System File Checker
- 1.7 Method 7: Repair Operating System
- 1.8 Method 8: System Restore
- 1.9 Method 9: Install Fresh Operating System
- 2 Conclusion
9 Ways to Fix Unexpected Store Exception Error
Here are 9 methods to Fix the Unexpected store exception Error.
Method 1: Basic Steps To Fix Unexpected Store Exception Error
You must ensure that your computer system is in good health.
1. First, Launch the antivirus program installed on your computer. Let it perform a full scan to find and address any virus in your system. This will happen if the error takes place sometime after starting your computer.
Resolve This: 4 Ways to Fix Your Computer is Low on Memory Error
3. Now uninstall any third-party software or even hardware that you may have installed recently. Especially check for those after you have upgraded to Windows 10.
After doing these, restart your computer. Let your system run for one or two hours. See if the Unexpected_Store_Exception error occurs.
Method 2: Uninstall Your Antivirus Program
Windows 10 has the Microsoft Defender installed by default. It is a compelling security program. You will not require any other. Sometimes installing third-party security software can cause this error.
1. First, Press the Windows + X keys. It will open the Startup menu.
2. Now click on Control Panel.
3. Then press on Programs & Features in the control panel.
4. In the programs list given, find the third-party software to be uninstalled.
5. Finally, Right-click on it. Then select Uninstall.
Is Avast Blocking your League of Legends (LoL)? Here’s the fix to play the game.
Soon, Restart your computer. Try opening different programs. Check if the windows 10 unexpected store exception error occurs.
Also, read –
Method 3: Run Disk Check Utility
Most of the time, bad sectors on the disk can also cause this error. Follow these steps to run the disk check.
1. At First, Press Windows + X keys to open the Startup menu.
2. Now click on Command Prompt (Admin).
3. Now click on Yes. It will open the command prompt as an administrator.
4. Then Type “chkdsk”.
Check This: How to Run Chkdsk In Windows 10
5. After chkdsk, leave a space, then type in the drive letter (C).
6. Soon, after the drive letter, type “/f/r/x”.
Finally, Press Enter. Soon, this will start the scan. After completion, restart the computer. Perform any action and leave the computer for long. See if the error has been resolved.
Method 4: Check For Windows Apps Updates
The Unexpected Store Exception error is linked to the Windows Store. Hence you need to ensure all your Windows apps are updated. You can do this by:
1. First, Go to the Startup Menu. Launch the Windows Store.
2. Then click on your user icon.
3. Now Press on settings in the menu.
4. Finally, Toggle the Update apps automatically.
1. At First, Go to the Startup Menu. Launch the store.
2. Now Click on your user icon.
3. Then Click on Downloads.
4. Next, click on
You also need to visit every app page in the store. Check for updates there too. After this, restart your computer. Check if the error exists.
See Also: Fix: There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC In Windows 10
Method 5: Update Computer Drivers
The drivers help in communication between your system and all the installed applications and programs. These drivers should always be kept up-to-date. Check if any of your drivers are damaged. To see if they need to be updated, follow these steps:
1. At First, Right-click on My Computer/This PC.
2. Then select Properties from the drop-down menu.
3. Then choose Device Manager from the left panel.
4. See through the devices are given. Check for any that have a yellow exclamation mark on them.
Also, check – How to Fix USB Ports Not Working Error.
5. Finally, Right-click on any of these devices. Then choose Update Driver.
After the update is done, restart your PC. Check if updating your drivers has solved the unexpected store exception error for you.
Method 6: Run System File Checker
Running the system file checker helps in repairing corrupt files.
1. Firstly, Click on Start.
2. In the Search programs and files box, type “cmd”.
Might Be Facing: 7 Ways to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057
3. Afterward, press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Then click on OK. It will open the command prompt. Alternatively, press Windows + X keys & then click on Command Prompt (Admin).
4. Then type “sfc/scannow” at the command prompt.
5. At Times the process will take some time. Then Replace the corrupt files.
Soon restart the system. If you had any corrupt system files, this method would soon solve the unexpected store exception error for you.
Method 7: Repair Operating System
You can attempt to repair your OS. Just boot your system from Windows installation media before selecting repair. Follow the given on-screen instructions. Then restart your PC normally. Soon, the automatic repair will work. See if it repairs the Unexpected Store Exception error on its own. This also fixes any Windows 10 Random Restart error if present on your PC.
Method 8: System Restore
If the case is such that the error occurs only when you attempt to launch a Microsoft-related app, you need to perform a system restore. Follow these steps to perform this.
1. At first, open Start.
2. Afterward, search for Create a restore point & click on the result displayed.
3. Then click on System Restore under System Protection.
4. Now Choose an earlier date where the computer worked without any issues.
5. Soon the tool will automatically run. Then the computer will shut down, and start again.
6. Afterward, try launching an app that was giving an unexpected store exception error.
In the end, see if the error has been resolved.
Also, read – What is RAVBg64.exe? 8 Ways to Fix it
Method 9: Install Fresh Operating System
This process is time-consuming, and you shall also need to start installing the necessary updates. But it is the only way to have new files on your computer. However, make sure you don’t have any errors like Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem. It might automatically lead to corrupting or losing all of your data.
In conclusion, We have given nine ways that will help you in resolving the Unexpected Store Exception error. Hopefully, either of these caters to your problems.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂