Gboard is one of the best keyboard apps for Android and iOS smartphones from Google. However, when using the Gboard keyboard to type, numerous users have suggested receiving the “Unfortunately, Gboard has stopped” error. Now, you must be wondering what is Gboard keeps stopping.
A faulty cache causes this error, an app problem, or even a tool malfunction. Try deleting the cache or reinstalling the Gboard app to resolve the issue. Your Gboard may stop running simultaneously as you’re using the service. It may be pretty frustrating.
On Android, iPhone, and iPad, I’ll go over the first-rate manner to repair the Gboard errors message. Check out how to fix your Windows 10 keyboard in case it stops working.
Table of Contents
- 1 Methods To Fix “Unfortunately, Gboard Has Stopped”
- 1.1 Restart Gboard Keyboard
- 1.2 Clear Data And Cache Gboard Keyboard
- 1.3 Ensure Gboard Your Default Keyboard
- 1.4 Restart The Device
- 1.5 Update Keyboard from Google Play Store
- 1.6 Reset The Keyboard Settings
- 1.7 Update The Device Software
- 1.8 Install Updates For Google Keyboard
- 1.9 Restart In Safe Mode
- 1.10 Factory Reset your Device
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Methods To Fix “Unfortunately, Gboard Has Stopped”
The best solution to fix the Gboard error message on Android, iPhone, and iPad is below. Most Android devices, including Samsung, Motorola, LG, HTC, Sony Xperia, and Android devices, should work with the solutions.
Method #0 Use Restoro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Restart Gboard Keyboard
Restarting the keyboard can be extraordinarily useful in resolving the problem. It turned into taken into consideration to be beneficial using numerous readers. While a few users said that the trouble recurs later, others observed a past concern resolved through restarting the keyboard has solved the issue “unfortunately Gboard has Stopped”.
- Go to Settings of the smartphone menu.
- Then, scroll to the Apps section and select Application Manager.
- Apps and notifications segment
- To get to the “All” tab, swipe proper.
- Open the Gboard App
- Now press the Force button. To stop the keyboard, press the prevent button.
- Force stop gboard
- Exit the Settings menu and attempt the keyboard again to see whether it works.
Suppose the tool producer has set up its keyboard. Users will word that they’re using the opposite keyboard. You should be searching for the keyboard if you use a 3rd-birthday party keyboard.
Clear Data And Cache Gboard Keyboard
The Google keyboard has ceased running. Trouble may be constant. With all wanted rights granted, clear records of the Google keyboard app. To do so, comply with the stairs beneath and fix the issue “unfortunately Gboard has stopped”.
- Go to your smartphone’s settings and pick out Manage Apps (apps).
- From the higher right corner, choose the three-dot alternative. It will display all apps, each general and system-associated. Show all apps is chosen.
- From there, look for the Gboard App. Select it by way of clicking on it. Then pick out Clear cache from the drop-down menu.
- Clear Data And Cache Gboard Keyboard
- The app permission choice is now available. Select it via clicking on it. Then, from there, enable all options.
Now pass in advance and test whether or not your Google Keyboard is working or now not. If you experience some other mistakes, please allow us to recognize them. Then continue to the subsequent step to fix the issue “unfortunately Gboard has stopped”
Ensure Gboard Your Default Keyboard
- Open “Settings” on your Android cellphone and select “System” or “General control.”
- After that select “Languages and input,” then “Default keyboard,” which are the alternatives.
- Language and input
- “Default keyboard” has to be opened.
- Gboard default keyboard
- Select Gboard from the pop-up menu that appears.
These were the easy methods to solve the issue “Unfortunately, Gboard has stopped.”
Restart The Device
There can be some problems with the app, because of which google keyboard has stopped. A phone reboot can clear up fundamental app troubles and minor device malfunctions. Check whether the keyboard is working after restarting the device. Many readers have located that this is a protracted-time period technique to the hassle.
For many Android and iOS customers, a quick reboot appears to have fixed the Gboard crashing trouble.
- Keep the power key pressed and held.
- Select Power Off from the menu.
- Let the Device be idle for a minute or two.
- Check to peer if the Gboard app blunders have been fixed with the aid of restarting the telephone.
Update Keyboard from Google Play Store
- Open the Google Play Store. Select the navigation bar on the left aspect of the screen. Select the My Apps and Games option.
- Check to look in case your Gboard app has been up to date. If you notice an updated alternative, you must replace that app.
- You also can use the Google Play Store search bar to replace your app. Simply kind Gboard into the quest bar. Then, if it’s available, you’ll get an updated choice.
- Please update your app. After that, strive for the usage of your Google keyboard. You’ll be able to use this method for your smartphone and see if it solves the “unfortunately Gboard has stopped” issue.
Reset The Keyboard Settings
You could reset your settings by using the following these steps:
- Go on your tool’s Settings menu.
- Look for Language and Input beneath System and contact on it.
- Select Gboard Keyboard from the menu.
- Now scroll down and choose Reset Settings from the drop-down menu.
Update The Device Software
Your Device’s software program is critical to maintaining all your apps working easily. Updates make sure that everyone recognizes flaws and problems are addressed. If you haven’t mounted a software update in a long time, you should accomplish that now.
- Go to your Device’s Settings menu.
- Select About Device from the menu.
- Select the Software Update option.
- The machine will attempt to find new updates.
If your Device has been up to date, you may obtain proof that it runs the most current software program. If updates are to be had, you ought to install them. Then take a look at if the fault has been constant once your smartphone has restarted following the upgrade.
Install Updates For Google Keyboard
To fix Gboard has stopped on Android, follow these steps
- Open the Play Store app and seek Gboard.
- To install the update, tap the Update icon.
- Check for any adjustments by relaunching the app.
Google employee said that the engineers are aware of the problem and feature supplied an update to deal with it.
On your iPhone, manually update Gboard.
- Start via going to the App Store.
- At the lowest of the phone screen, press Today.
- Select the icon to your profile (pinnacle left display).
- Gboard is located at the lowest of the web page.
- Check to peer if the app has any pending updates.
- To deploy the pending update, tap Update.
These were mediocrely lengthy methods to solve the issue “Unfortunately Gboard has stopped.”
Restart In Safe Mode
We can decide whether trouble has happened due to one of the 1/3-celebration apps on this segment employing restarting your tool in a secure mode. It means that beneath Safe Mode, your Android cellphone keyboard could be the one that works. If the problem keeps, continue to the following step inside the troubleshooting technique.
- Hold the Power key till the Power menu appears at the display.
- Now, click and hold the Power option at the menu until a pop-up window asks if you need to restart in Safe mode.
- To affirm, click OK.
- Then, to verify, the words Safe Mode will seem on the screen. Check to study if the keyboard works in Safe mode now.
If it works, it’s 0.33-celebration programs you’re using are in charge. Ascertain the app that is causing the problem. You must first figure out what applications you recently installed earlier than trying to disable them.
Disable every app one by one. Then, check to see if the keyboard works when you disable a selected app. Uninstall the app that triggered the problem once you’ve diagnosed it.
It does now not work in case you are the usage of a 3rd-birthday party keyboard. Hence, that keyboard has to be uninstalled. You can use the native Android tool keyboard app. Install a third-party keyboard from the Play Store.
Factory Reset your Device
When your manufacturing facility reset your Android or iOS tool, all of the records within the internal garage are erased. It includes apps and personal documents. Hence, to ensure backup your information earlier than doing a manufacturing unit reset on your device. This could solve your “unfortunately gboard has stopped” issue as well.
iPhone Factory Reset
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to the General tab.
- To erase every content and settings, go to Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- You can permit iCloud to backup your information earlier than getting rid of it if your preference.
- Select the option to Back up Then Erase.
- Then, put your passcode in right here.
- Now, to verify the motion, you’ll want to go into your Apple ID password.
- Allow for a factory reset of the Device.
- Install Gboard and see if the trouble ” Unfortunately Gboard has stopped ” has been resolved.
Android Factory reset
- Select Settings.
- Go to the General Management section.
- Reset utilizing pressing the Reset button.
- Then, select Reset Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on Reset Settings over again.
- The Reset Settings picks will now not erase any programs or statistics from your Device; also as an alternative, they’ll repair the tool’s basic settings.
If resetting the settings didn’t remedy the hassle “unfortunately Gboard has stopped”, you need to carry out a factory reset.
Android 2nd technique
- Go to General Management > Settings.
- Reset > Factory records reset is the choice.
- The data and apps affected by this are displayed on the telephone.
- After this, reset by using the urgent Reset button.
- You may also need to go into your pin or sample to end the method.
- Allow the tool to reset to its manufacturing unit settings.
- Then check if the fault has been constant, reinstall Gboard from the Google Play Store.
These were the most straightforward methods to solve the issue. “Unfortunately, Gboard has stopped.”
See Also: Top 5 SMS Tracking Apps For IPhone
What does Gboard not responding mean?
They store data and applications that your apps frequently use on the neighborhood device. The cache allows your apps to reply and perform quicker. New updates are now and again rolled out. Your program still uses cache reminiscence, inflicting conflicts and app crashes. Gboard may be unable to open or load as a result of this.
Why has my Gboard stopped working?
Your cellphone's cache partition stores temporary device files. It will no longer affect how the Gboard app or your smartphone works. Tap the option that asserts clean cache partition on the principle recovery mode display screen. Enter healing mode for your Android Phone.
Is Gboard safe?
Of course, since the maximum of us just like the comfort of utilizing them, that is not a sensible solution. So, in case you believe Google and use Gmail, Google Calendar, or other Google apps or offerings, it's probably secure to use GBoard.
The error “Unfortunately Gboard has stopped” might get up for a ramification of motives. A faulty cache is one of the most common causes of this hassle. If clearing the app cache doesn’t restore the trouble, strive to the following troubleshooting steps in the put up.
We hope to solve your problem of why Gboard keeps stopping and how to fix it.
As a technology news reporter based in India with diverse knowledge of covering stories for Microsoft products, my job at ValidEdge is to bring the latest fixes of Windows Errors and even of other errors in a precise and unbiased way.
My experience includes managing technology websites, writing/editing articles, and delivering well-researched how-to guides in a timely manner.