Even though Warzone has been available for some time, many players continue to lament the Warzone lagging on pc forces them into a shot-first-die-first scenario. If you are among them, don’t sweat. Here are various remedies that can assist you in eliminating or lessening the lag.
Globally, Warzone has a sizable player base. But no, regardless of how prominent a game is, there might still be glitches, and lag is one of the most aggravating. Your game can be significantly ruined by a sluggish connection. Low FPS and high battlefield latency lag are two types of Warzone lag that can be brought on by a variety of circumstances. By altering your DNS server, disabling Crossplay, and updating your visual and system drivers, you can solve the lag problem.
With no more delay, let’s examine how to fix the lag in warzone on PC can be remedied. Along with that, let us know more about Warzone and types of lagging.
See Also: ‘Xbox Game Bar Not Working’ A Guide To Fix That Error
Table of Contents
- 1 Warzone
- 2 How to fix Warzone lagging on pc
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
On the PS4, Xbox One, and PC, you may play the battle royale game Warzone (also known as Call of Duty: Warzone). It has received many installations and a lot of gamers ever since its launch on March 10, 2020. Nevertheless, the majority of them are helpless because they are mired in the “Warzone lagging” problem.
Why is Warzone so laggy?You must understand what kind of lag “Warzone lag” is in order to have it promptly addressed. Warzone lag can be broadly classified into low FPS and excessive latency. Therefore, the “Warzone lagging” from these two categories is discussed below.
Warzone Low FPS
Why does Warzone run so badly on pc? A higher FPS gives Warzone’s graphics a cleaner, more realistic look. While a reduced FPS causes the onscreen movement to stutter and pause, which is bad for the game’s gameplay.
Battlefield High Latency
When a gaming gadget experiences high latency, it indicates that it takes a long time to transfer data to the relevant server and subsequently receive it back. A good latency helps with a smoother gaming experience.
How to fix Warzone lagging on pc
Below are a few fixes for the “Warzone lagging on PC” problem. Test each one to see how the gameplay is affected.
Shut down your network
Rebooting your networking gear can occasionally be the simplest and fastest answer for network difficulties. This is beneficial, notably if your modem or router is overheated or underutilized.
Steps to fix:
- Disconnect your modem and router’s power wires.
- After two minutes, re-plug the cables. Ensure that both devices’ indicator lights are functioning normally.
- Start your PC and check your Internet connection by browsing a site.
- Launch Warzone after you’re back online to check out the action.
Update the system and graphics drivers
Warzone on PC may be slowing due to an outdated system or graphics driver. Try updating your system and Driver to the most recent versions to see whether the problem still exists.
Steps to upgrade Windows are as follows:
- Select Updates & Security from the Settings window’s options.
- Sit tight for Windows to search for the most recent updates for your system after clicking the Scan for upgrades option.
- Windows will start downloading it immediately if one is accessible. After some time has passed, reboot your pc as instructed by Windows to allow Windows to complete the installation.
Steps to upgrade the graphics driver are as follows:
- Select the Device Manager selection from the context menu of the Windows button in the taskbar.
- Update the Driver by selecting it after clicking the listed item.
- Select the choice to automatically check for driver software updates.
- If a new driver is found, take the instructions to conclude the procedure.
See Also: 7 Best VR Game Engine Software In 2023
Modify Your DNS Server
Changing to a well-known and trustworthy DNS server results in a faster and more secure connection. This can help fix the issue of warzone lagging on pc.
Steps to fix:
- In the Run dialogue box, enter control ncpa.cpl by pressing Windows + R, and then select OK. Right-click the Internet adapter you’re currently using in the pop-up menu, and afterward, select Properties.
- Locate the Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) listing at the bottom of the tiny window and double-click it.
- Choose the Utilize the following DNS server addresses selection in the pop-up box. After that, enter 188.8.131.52 as the desired DNS server and 184.108.40.206 as the fallback DNS server. To commit the changes, hit the OK button at the end.
- You must then use Command Prompt to cleanse the DNS cache. The following steps: Launch Cmd Prompt as an administrator, execute the command ipconfig /flushdns, and press Enter.
Install the latest network driver
One of the network problems that cause Warzone to slow is an out-of-date or defective network driver. Try updating your network driver through Device Manager as a result.
Steps to fix:
- Launch Device Manager. Locate and extend the category for network adapters.
- Update driver can be selected by right-clicking one of the listed items.
- Select the option to automatically check for driver software updates.
- If a new driver is detected, adhere to the displayed guidelines to conclude the setup.
- To upgrade all network drivers, repeat the aforementioned procedures.
Disable bandwidth-intensive programs
If there are bandwidth-hungry applications running in the background, you can suffer lag in Warzone. Therefore, you should make sure you’ve closed or stopped programs like OneDrive, Skype, or Windows Update that could require a lot of bandwidth before you can have a seamless gaming experience.
Steps to fix:
- Open Task Manager. To categorize jobs according to traffic use, select the Network tab.
- Choose the processes that use the most traffic one at a time, then hit End task to terminate them.
- You can start playing Warzone and see if your experience is improved after getting rid of the programs that were using up all your bandwidth.
Turn off Crossplay
How to fix lag in Warzone? After turning off the Crossplay feature, some players were able to resolve the “Warzone lagging” problem. You can thus attempt to turn off this function in your game.
Steps to fix:
- Navigate to the Main Menu in Warzone. Select Options, then click the Account tab.
- Find the Online area, then change Crossplay’s status to Disabled.
- Now, see if the lag problem in the game is resolved.
Increase Disk Space
Next, see if your hard drive has a shortage of space. As we know, when the RAM is full, the hard drive produces a file for overflow jobs, indicating that the hard drive requires free space for this file. Warzone lagging on pc, and even the PC could run very slowly if there is insufficient space.
Therefore, if your drive is almost full, free it up immediately. Both the Temp and Prefetch folders can be cleaned out.
Steps to fix:
- Hit Windows + R to access the temp folders.
- Enter the command temp in the Run dialogue box after typing it.
- The File Explorer window will instantly display all the temporary files, which you can choose and remove individually or select all and delete.
- The only difference in finding the Prefetch folder from the above has to input Prefetch into the Run dialogue box.
See Also: How To Fix The Error: Monster Hunter World Won’t Start
Why is Warzone lag when landing?
On a desktop, Warzone may lag for a variety of reasons. Check out the following frequent problems and potential solutions: Upgrade your PC's hardware if your system doesn't satisfy Warzone's minimum standards. Your ISP slows down your connection; use a VPN to cloak your internet activity.
Why is Cod sluggish even with fast broadband?
The graphics card might not be capable of rendering the game at the same high speeds as the Internet access; thus, having a tight linkage may not be sufficient. You should choose Activision's suggested game configuration for the best online gaming experience and the least lag.
Can one use VPN to fix Warzone lag?
Yes, a VPN can be used to reduce lag in Warzone. A VPN can conceal your online behavior and link you to a server close to your game if you're on a crowded server or your ISP is restricting your service. That can decrease your ping and fix latency.
How to fix Warzone lag?
If your Warzone game on a PC is sluggish, a VPN can be the best option. By using the VPN to change servers, you can avoid traffic jams, reduce ping times, and keep your activities hidden from your ISP. Try a reputable VPN, like NordVPN, and lag-free gaming will be history.
Which is the top choice of VPN for reducing lag in Warzone?
The best VPN for reducing lag in Warzone is NordVPN. Your Warzone game will run as smoothly and lag-free as possible with NordVPN's fleet of servers, quick speeds, and unbreakable security.
Warzone is a hugely popular game but lags sometimes. The reasons for the Warzone lagging on PC are various, including lack of storage or shaky internet connection. These factors led to discussing a few fixes for the “Warzone lagging” problem. For greater understanding, we also discussed the questions about this subject the most.
See Also: How To Write A Video Game Script | Top 7 Things To Consider
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂