The We can’t Sign Into Your Account is one of the messages displaying an error that informs the users about some problem with your computer that is preventing you from signing in to your Windows user profile. Most probably, this particular problem is solved when you create a temporary profile on the Windows OS and then it allows the user to sign in to that.
Usually, This error message informs the users that this particular issue can mostly be fixed by just signing out of your windows account and then signing back in again, but just in case this method is not able to solve the problem you are facing, then you may be needed to apply some other way to resolve the issue.
The We can’t sign into your account error mostly occurs after updating your windows. This error occurs at the time when the computer is booting, during this time when you click on the particular profile logo of your account and then enter your password to login into your Windows user profile.
How to Fix We Can’t Sign Into Your Account Issue
The real reason behind the We can’t sign into your account error on windows OS is still not understood. But we have assumed that this error may most probably be triggered by the user profile mix up, registries, corrupted files or even by malware. However, this error is not a very serious issue that you should be worried about. You can easily fix the issue using the methods that we have given below. We surely think that these methods will help you to fix the We can’t sign into your account Windows 10 error.
Method 1: Creating a Temporary User Profile and Installing Windows updates
Creating a Temporary User Profile:
1. Startup your computer and wait for the Windows booting screen to show up.
2. As soon as the boot screen appears, press the Restart button.
3. After you have done that, select Troubleshoot and then click on the Advanced Options.
4. Select Startup Settings and then press F4 to open your computer in Safe Mode.
5. Then wait for your PC to restart and boot into Safe Mode.
6. After your computer is booted, then press the Windows key + R at once.
7. Then, type in regedit in the text box and then hit Enter to open the Windows Registry Editor.
8. Then, navigate to the following location:
9. Expand the ProfileList, and then you will see a few subfolders whose names start by values S-1-5-XX (X may be any number)
10. You have to select the one subfolder that has its ProfileImagePath key set to the same as system profile path.
11. Double click on the RefCount key and then change its value from 1 to 0, then click OK.
12. Close all and then restart your computer.
You may also like –
Installing Windows Updates:
1. When your computer fully boots, Navigate to Settings App → Select Updates & Security → Windows Updates.
2. Select Check for Updates option and wait until the system scans for available options.
3. As soon as you get the list of all Windows updates that you are recommended installing, click Run the Updates.
4. Once all updates are installed, reboot your PC.
Method 2: Signing into your Microsoft account using the web browser
Many users had suggested that when they were also faced with the same situation, then they used this particular method to resolve the issue. It is a handy and easy method that can help you to solve the problem with the “Can’t sign into your account” error on windows.
Log into a temporary profile:
1. Once you have successfully logged into your Windows PC using the temporary profile that you have created, navigate to the folder
C:\\Users\\ and then find the system folder that belongs to your profile. Create a copy of your current account.
2. Then you have to open the Internet browser that you use and then navigate to the Microsoft account login page on the Microsoft website.
3. Sign in into the Microsoft account in which you are facing the current problems.
4. Then, Log out of the temporary Windows account that you have created and then log back into windows.
Bookmark This: How to Temporarily Disable Avast Antivirus
If that annoying error message still appears on your computer screen, then do not try to close the error message and leave that error message on your computer screen then do according to the following steps:
1. Click on Windows button at the left end of your status bar this will open the Start menu and then, right click on your windows Account button.
2. If you are still not able to find the button here, then you will see the Shutdown or sign out option there.
3. Click and then select Sign Out from the account settings menu.
4. After it was the computer, you can Log back into your computer.
Check Out: 7 Ways to Fix Windows 10 Won’t Update Error
Method 3: Making sure that We can’t sign into your account is not a scam
If you are provided any additional links to applications or websites that promise to resolve the issue such as some tech support website, then the error message is most probably a scam or malware. If this is the case, then the first thing you must do is to eliminate the malware from your computer using any trusted Anti-Virus programs.
These programs are readily available in the market or on the internet. But before you install Anti Malware software to remove any malware, we suggest that you enter your computer using the Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking options so that you can install these applications without the error disturbing you.
1. When the windows login screen appears, press the Power button on the screen.
2. Then click on the restart while simultaneously pressing and holding the Shift key.
3. Then select Troubleshoot and go to the Advanced options choose the Startup Settings option and lastly, press the Restart button.
4. Once the computer restarts, select the Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking option in the Startup Settings window and then wait for it to boot in safe mode.
Fix these too –
Method 4: Using Command Prompt to solve we can’t sign in to your account error
1. You can use almost the same steps that we have used in Method 1 to enable your computer to boot into Safe Mode, but the only difference from the 1st method is that on this particular method we select the Enable Safe Mode using the Command Prompt.
2. Open the command prompt and then type in these commands one after the other into the command box and then hit Enter after each and every one.
- net user /add useraccountname mypassword
- net localgroup administrators useraccountname /add
- net share concfg*C:\\\\/grant:useraccountname,full
- net user useraccountname
Don’t miss out –
Method 5: Using the Registry Editor to regain access to your Windows account
1. Press the Windows key+R, then type in regedit, then hit enter to open the Registry Editor.
2. Then, navigate to the below-mentioned path:
3. After you have reached the location, find your account there, then right click on your current account, and delete the particular account.
4. After closing the Registry Editor, go to Settings and then click to select the Accounts option.
5. Then, you can add your account again in your computer and Restart your computer to check whether the problem remains.
Also, read –
These are the methods that can surely solve your issue and can help you in to regain your access to your Windows account. We hope that these methods helped you in solving the problems that you are facing with the error.
The ways that we have provided here are straightforward and easy to do, but we still remind you to read all the steps thoroughly before attempting any of the above methods to avoid system damage. But it is highly unlikely when all the steps are done correctly.
- 1 How to Fix We Can’t Sign Into Your Account Issue
- 1.1 Method 1: Creating a Temporary User Profile and Installing Windows updates
- 1.2 Method 2: Signing into your Microsoft account using the web browser
- 1.3 Method 3: Making sure that We can’t sign into your account is not a scam
- 1.4 Method 4: Using Command Prompt to solve we can’t sign in to your account error
- 1.5 Method 5: Using the Registry Editor to regain access to your Windows account
- 2 Final Words