WiFi is the standard mode of internet usage on laptops. The newer version of Windows, Windows 10, is incurred with the problem of WiFi Keeps Disconnecting very frequently. The network disconnection issues due to hardware failures or incompatibility on older laptops are a bit justified. Still, for a newer laptop, the mentioned problem can be resolved by following numeral methods or solutions in accordance with the problem.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Issue in Windows 10
- 1.1 Method 1: Update Drivers to the latest version
- 1.2 Method 2: Change the settings for Power Management
- 1.3 Method 3: Run Network Adaptor Troubleshooter
- 1.4 Method 4: Reinstall and Install Driver
- 1.5 Method 5: Reset the network
- 1.6 Method 6: Reset TCP/IP packets
- 1.7 Method 7- Disabling options under WiFi Sense
- 2 Bottom Line
How to Fix WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Issue in Windows 10
Various Windows 10 users report such types of network disconnecting matter. The different methods to fix Internet Keeps Disconnecting kind of error are linked below for the readers.
Method 1: Update Drivers to the latest version
Many times, we face the network disconnection hurdle due to un-updated drivers. To resolve it, one must update the respective driver. Follow the given steps to do so:
Fix This: Fix Driver WUDFRd Failed to Load
- Step 1- At First, on your Start menu, Search for Control Panel.
- Step 2- As soon as you open the Control Panel, different items will be displayed. Among the available options, then search for Device Manager.
- Step 3 – Open the Device Manager.
- Step 4- Then, expand Network Adaptors.
- Step 5- Right Click on the WiFi Adaptor and Select Update Driver Software.
- Step 6- Later, Choose the alternative Search Automatically for updated driver software.
- Step 7- Follow the instructions prompted on your screen. Have troubles updating your drivers? Here’s the fix to Windows Update Service Not Running.
- Step 8- After the installation, finally, Restart your system.
For better assistance related to drivers, install Driver Easy or Driver Booster software to handle the update and installation of WiFi drivers.
Also, Read –
Method 2: Change the settings for Power Management
Everyone inculcates the habit of keeping the system on Power Saver Mode to keep the battery healthy. Full performance can be exhibited while disabling Battery Saver. At times, the Windows 10 WiFi issue of Keeps Disconnecting can be resolved by changing the Power Management of drivers. The steps can be lined up as follows:
- Step 1-At First, open the Device Manager as stated in Method 1.
- Step 2-Double Click on the WiFi Adapter by expanding Network Adaptor.
- Step 3- Then, Click on the Power Management Tab on the panel displayed on your screen.
- Step 4- Uncheck Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Step 5- Finally, click Ok and Restart your device.
Method 3: Run Network Adaptor Troubleshooter
If the problem does not fix, go for the method as explained here:
- Step 1- First, Press the Windows logo present on the keyboard.
- Step 2- Then, type Troubleshooting on the search bar.
- Step 3- On the Troubleshooting panel & click on View All option.
- Step 4- Click on Network Adaptor.
- Step 5- Then click on the Advanced option and Run As Administrator.
- Step 6-Finally, click Next and follow the instruction. This issue could also be the reason behind Random Windows Restart Error.
Don’t miss out –
Method 4: Reinstall and Install Driver
Many times WiFi Keeps Disconnecting issues occur due to the presence of corrupted drivers. Go ahead with the steps as instructed-
- Step 1- Open Device Manager as stated above.
- Step 2- Expand the Network Adaptor option.
- Step 3- Right Click on the WiFi Adaptor and select the Uninstall menu.
- Step 4- Once you uninstall the driver, Restart your system. You can also fix other Windows Update Errors like 0x8024a105 or 0x80070422 using this method only.
Later, install the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website. If the problem does not resolve, go for updating the drivers.
Don’t miss out –
Method 5: Reset the network
Windows 10 bestowed with Network Reset inbuilt feature. All you can do is to follow these simple steps:
- Step 1- Go to Settings followed by Network and Internet.
- Step 2- Then move to Network Reset and click Reset Now.
The common internet connectivity issues get resolved through this. It is also helpful to fix WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Problem.
Method 6: Reset TCP/IP packets
One of the solutions to the matter is to reset the TCP/IP packets by writing a set of command.
- Step 1- On the Search bar, type Command Prompt and press Enter.
- Step 2- Open the Command Prompt and Run As Administrator. Write the below-given command on the CMD and press Enter.
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
- Step 3- Enter the second command:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Step 4- Enter the third Command:
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
- Step 5- Reboot your system.
The TCP/IP packets reset as soon as you receive the OK message.
You may also like –
Method 7- Disabling options under WiFi Sense
Windows 10 comes with an automatic WiFi Sense attribute. As per the availability of the network and strength, it connects to the available. But at times, it leads to frequent disconnects to the WiFi network. The possible solution is to make changes in a couple of features inhibited by WiFi Sense. Try to disable most of the options under the heading to fix WiFi Keep Disconnecting problem.
Also Fix: Disable Steam Auto Updates
- Step 1- Open the Start menu and click on Settings.
- Step 2- Open the Network and Internet settings.
- Step 3- Click on WiFi, followed by the option Manage WiFi Settings.
- Step 4- Navigate below for WiFi Sense.
- Step 5- Disable the features like Connect to suggested open hotspots. Connect to networks shared by my friends under WiFi sense headings.
- Step 6- Save the changes you made by clicking on Save /Apply button.
Fix these errors too –
We use and accept the above-suggested methods to fix WiFi Keep Disconnecting issue are mostly. Microsoft uses these solutions only. Importantly, the internet being an essential element, frequent disconnects lead to irritation and unavoidable work delays. So don’t make comprises and try the above methods to work smoothly.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂