Windows 10 is often encountered with many network connection failures; Windows 10 can’t connect to this network.
Type “Troubleshoot” into the Start menu without the quotation marks and choose “Troubleshoot System Settings.” Click “Internet Connections” and then choose “Run the Troubleshooter.” When the Troubleshooter finishes, see if you get the missing protocols message.
The user-facing Windows 10 Can’t Connect To This Network often annoys us.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix Windows 10 Can’t Connect To This Network Error
- 1.1 Method 1: Update the Network Driver
- 1.2 Method 2: Uninstall the Network Adaptors
- 1.3 Method 3: Forget the Wireless Connection
- 1.4 Method 4: Disable IPv6
- 1.5 Method 5: Use Troubleshooting Commands
- 1.6 Method 6: Run Network Troubleshooter
- 1.7 Method 7: Change the Power Option
- 1.8 Method 8: Installing the driver manually
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix Windows 10 Can’t Connect To This Network Error
The various solutions are given below to fix the error:
Method 1: Update the Network Driver
Whenever you encounter such issues, the first attempt to resolve them should be to update your network driver. The incompatible version of the network driver often leads to Windows 10 Can’t Connect to this Network error. To find the ambiguous driver leading to the hurdle, download a utility tool named Driver Talent. Also, it will help you to find the driver causing the problem and update the latest version automatically.
Follow the steps to update the driver:
- First, Download and Install the mentioned tool. Then Click on Scan.
2. Afterward, you do the scan, and the list of all drivers will update. Update the driver labeled by clicking on the Repair button.
Finally, Restart your System.
Check if the issue is resolved by applying the method. Navigate below for more ways.
Method 2: Uninstall the Network Adaptors
Due to corrupted network adaptors, connection establishment failure can be seen. In addition, the best solution here can be uninstalling the entire Network Adaptor and installing the latest version. The steps to be followed are simple and stated below:
- First, Go to Start Menu., Then, Type Control Panel in the search bar.
2. From all the control panel items below for Device Manager. Afterward, double-click on it to open. On the opened window, navigate below for Network Adaptors.
3. Then Right Click on the option. Select Uninstall.
Finally, Follow the instruction given on the screen.
Reboot your system, and Windows will automatically install the respective driver.
Method 3: Forget the Wireless Connection
If your system is connected to a wifi network and Windows 10 won’t connect to wifi or Windows 10 Cannot Connect to This Network error continues, try to forget your network password and reconnect it.
1. First, Open Settings and locate Network & Internet.
2. Then Go to the Wi-Fi option and click on Manage Wi-Fi settings.
3. Navigate below. Manage known networks.
4. Afterward, Select the wifi network you want to use and click Forget.
Connect the same wireless network by entering the password again.
You may also like –
Method 4: Disable IPv6
Disabling the IPv6 can solve the connection failure. Follow the below-given steps:
- First, Press the Windows logo + R to open the Run Window. Secondly, Then Type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter.
2. Afterward, Right-click on Network Adaptor and select Properties.
3. Un-tick the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click OK.
Now open the browser to check if the Can’t Connect to this Network Windows 10 problem gets resolved. Also, check for any IP Address Conflict in your PC
Method 5: Use Troubleshooting Commands
Using troubleshooting commands to solve Windows 10 connection problems via Command Prompt. The commands to be typed and steps to be followed are written below:
- First, Press Windows Key + X together. From the opened list of items, then select Command Prompt.
2. On the appeared Command Prompt, Run the below-written set of commands-
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
Finally, after the execution of the command, Reboot your System.
Don’t miss out –
Method 6: Run Network Troubleshooter
To make the task easier, one can also run the inbuilt feature of Network Troubleshooter manually and apply the fixes automatically by following the simple steps mentioned below:
1. First, Go to Start Menu. Then, type Troubleshooter in the search bar.
2. From the available list, select Network Troubleshooter.
3. Afterward, open it and select Identify and repair network problems. Also, check for any Network Protocols Missing Errors in your system.
Now follow the steps on the screen and wait for the process to terminate.
Moreover, if the fix applies to the system, Windows 10 Can’t Connect to This Network.
You might also like –
Method 7: Change the Power Option
The steps given below will help you to choose the power option. On a Battery Saver mode, the system’s performance is not to the fullest. Henceforth, as one of the fixes, it suggests changing the power plan to High Performance.
Step 1- Press the Windows key + S simultaneously to open the Search Bar. Secondly, type Power Options.
Step 2- See the selected power plan from the Power Options window open.
Step 3- Click the Change plan settings. Also, look out for Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings in the Control Panel before moving.
Later, Click Change Advanced Power Settings.
Step 4- Locate below for the option Wireless Adapter Settings.
Change the Power Saving Mode to Maximum Performance.
Save the changes applied. Now, check for the issue fix.
Don’t miss out –
Method 8: Installing the driver manually
Sometimes, the errors of Windows 10 Can’t Connect To This Network are caused due to a wrong driver. The resolution to be suggested here is to install the driver manually. Follow the steps given below:
Step 1- First, go to Start Menu. Secondly. Now, type Control Panel. From the listed item, double-click on Device Manager.
Step 2- Locate Network Adaptor and Right Click on it.
Step 5- Select the Update Software Driver.
Step 6- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
Step 7- Now, click – Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
Search for your network adapter manufacturer and select the target driver that we have installed. After the installation, also Restart your computer.
Also, fix –
The above methods are some of the best fixes that have been applied to resolve the reader’s problem. Windows 10 encounters many related issues like this, but the fixes are available.
Gravit Sinha: Founder of ValidEdge, a problem-solving website, driven by his lifelong passion for fixing issues.