The users of Windows 10 are facing a lot of problems. Windows 10 Mouse Not Working is a widespread issue. The one who chooses an update to Windows 10 is suffering from problems that lead to unavoidable work hampers. The use of the mouse in your system is easy for the user. Various people prefer the use of a mouse over a touchpad.
But what if your mouse stops listening to your gestures? All of a sudden, the arrow stops responding, and working becomes ambiguous. Such kinds of troubles lead to Windows 10 Mouse Not Working Error. The common issues are an abrupt movement of the cursor on the screen, connection failure in the case of a wireless mouse, temporary freezing of the mouse cursor, and no reading of the mouse by Microsoft.
Such a thing leads the user to cause deep irritation and frustration. But to panic is not the solution. The reason behind this exhibition of behavior by the mouse is numeral. To be on the top note, the fundamental fault can be in the mouse driver. The driver can corrupt or not of the latest version. Related to such reasoning, several fixes can apply the user to bury their worries deep inside.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Windows 10 Mouse Not Working Error
Here are the top 5 methods or solutions that the reader can try their hands on.
Method 1: Reinstall the driver
To conquer the problem of the Windows 10 Mouse Not Working is to reinstall the driver again. At times, due to corrupted and bad drivers, the system shows up such kind of problem. Follow the given steps to complete the task:
- At First, Go to Start Menu.
- Then type Device Manager in the search box.
- After that, Double Click on it and open to see the list of devices.
- Navigate below for Mice and other pointing devices.
- Then Expand it and right click on your mouse driver.
- Now Select uninstall and follow the instruction as given on screen. Also, check out for any Driver Corrupted Expool Error.
- Then Restart your system.
- Finally, The driver will automatically install after the restart.
Hope the above-given method apply the fix to the error.
Don’t miss out –
Method 2: Update the mouse driver software
Due to the incompatible and un-updated version of mouse driver, this problem can occur henceforth we suggest getting the latest version. To find the ambiguous driver, leading to the hurdle to download a utility tool named Driver Talent. Also, check for any Windows Update Service Not Running Error.
It will help you to find the driver causing the problem and update the latest version automatically. Follow the steps to update the driver:
- First, Download and Install the mentioned tool.
- Then Click on Scan.
- Once you do the scan, the list of all drivers will update.
- Then Update the driver labeled by clicking on Repair button.
- Finally, Restart your System.
- Check if the issue resolves by applying the method. Navigate below for more methods.
Method 3: Disable Windows Fast Startup
By disabling the Windows Fast Startup, the malfunctioning of the mouse will repair. The steps to be followed are:
Step 1- At First, Go to start menu.
Step 2- Then Type Control Panel in the search field.
Step 3- Now Locate Power Option in the open control panel items.
Step 4- Toggle to Power & Sleep menu.
Step 5- Then Click on Additional Power Settings.
Step 6- Next select Choose what the power buttons do follow by selecting Change settings that are the currently available option.
Step 7- Un-tick the option Turn on the fast startup.
Check Out: 9 Ways to Fix Fallout 4 Crash on Startup
Step 8- Finally, Click on Save changes.
Restart your computer and check if the Touchpad Not Working Windows 10 error has resolved.
Also, read –
Mouse disappearing is one of the most irritating and occurring problems to the user. By applying specific changes, the Windows 10 mouse not working error can be solved. The steps given below are suggested to accomplish the method successfully:
- Press Windows key + I simultaneously to open settings.
- Tab to highlight and Right Arrow to Device.
- Hit Enter.
- Tab twice to select Mouse & touchpad.
- Then navigate below to select Additional mouse options.
- Press Enter.
- Select the ELAN tab.
- Select Enable device.
By applying these changes in the settings, the mouse not working problem is expected to be resolved.
Don’t miss out –
Method 5: Verify Hardware, Devices, and Wireless Connection
Despite applying all methods if Windows 10 Mouse Not Working error is not resolved, check all your hardware, devices and wireless connection.
- Connect Mouse Driver to the different port- Try changing the port of your connected device. At times port incompatibility can cause such errors.
- Re-establish wireless Connection- While using a wireless mouse, it will be recommended, to recheck your wireless connection and try to reconnect it.
- Try a different system- After applying all fixes if Windows 10 Mouse Not Working issue is not resolved then switch to a different device. If the problem persists, then the device defects.
Don’t miss out –
I hope the above-written methods have been helpful to the users. The methods stated, are some of the best fixes that the user can apply to resolve the matter. One can also try for logging through the Administrator account. It is not a very efficient method yet again can be tried, since few users recommend this also a working solution. I wish this can be one of the solutions that our reader might be in need of.
See Also: Fix – Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse Not Connecting Windows 10
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂