Microsoft has made Windows 10 operating system. It has certain built-in features, widely used in several IT departments, along with its recent mobile device management (MDM) software. It helps in securing and controlling the devices which run on the software. Windows 10 is a required operating system on laptops, tablets, and PC. This article will guide us when “Windows 10 shows notifications, but there are none”. But don’t forget to secure your windows 10 and prevent malware attacks.
Windows 10 users receive alerts for the apps with the help of windows notifications. There have been instances when windows users have come across Windows 10 showing notifications when there are none. It can occur when the message icon logo is turned off from the action center for a particular issue to be fixed. Click here if your windows 10 search is not working.
This article will help you to know about these quick fixes.
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick Fixes When “Windows 10 Shows No Notifications, But There Are None”
- 2 FAQS
- 3 Conclusion
Quick Fixes When “Windows 10 Shows No Notifications, But There Are None”
Let us discuss about the quick fixes when windows 10 shows no notifications.
Restarting The PC
Firstly, by restoring the PC, one can start the troubleshooting process smoothly. The problem will be solve once the pc restarts. Later we don’t need to look for notifications not working in windows 10. Keep in mind that sometimes you may face problems while restoring your PC.
Enabling Notification Banner
For the notification banner to show up on the PC, enable it on the PC for its visibility.
- Tap on the settings option on the windows 10 PC. Select the windows key, and I option simultaneously for the settings to show up directly.
- Click on the system.
- Opt for notifications and actions.
- Enable the option toggle and next for notifications from senders and the apps.
- On navigating, one will come across a list of several apps. Tick on essential apps.
- For every app, there will be a “show notification banner” and show notification in “action center.” Please enable them. If you face signing in to your account in windows 10, read this article.
It is a quick knack when Windows 10 shows notifications, but there are none.
Accessing Apps In The Background
For proper operation of notifications in windows 10, the app should be able to sprint through in the background. To check if it is in sync, follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows 10 settings.
- Opt for the privacy option, followed by background apps.
- On enabling, it will allow the apps to run in the background.
- Try refreshing it by disabling and enabling it if you notice it is on from before.
- On scrolling down, check if the app notifications are turned on.
By allowing access to apps in the background, we can get Windows 10 no new notifications issues resolved.
Focus Assist To Be Disabled
Focus Assist disables the notifications on the computer on windows 10. In this case, messages are received when Focus Assist is disabled. If it’s enabled, the reports won’t come.
Follow the steps further to check its way of operating.
- Go to the system.
- Click on settings. Click focus assist.
- Opt for the box beside off.
- Go through the automatic rules in the settings option.
- Focus Assist should not stand to automatic.
Also, we can disable it from the option called action center. Check out this article on fixing “Can’t Drag And Drop Windows 10?” Issue.
Test Battery Saver Mode
An activated battery saver mode restricts background activities and other notifications.
Deactivate it by the steps given below:
- Click settings.
- Click on the system. Next is the battery option.
- Deactivate the battery saver option.
- “Under the turn battery saver on automatically” option, the percentage is mentioned.
- Keep it low to avoid missing notifications.
If the battery saver mode is turned high, it might be one of the reasons that Windows 10 notifications get stuck. Laptops can run into battery problems and will often show charge error screens. If you need a hand this article was created specifically for you. Click here, If your laptop not showing the charging indicator.
Restart Windows Explorer
Sometimes, the notification banner might get stuck for some issue in windows explorer, which is why Windows 10 notifications are stuck on the screen. It is essential to solve the issue rather than overlook it. Are you having trouble detecting the hard disk problem and want to fix it? Read this article.
Specific steps to it are as follows:
- Select start menu
- Press Windows and R options together.
- It will open the run box.
- Type “taskmgr” and press enter.
- Under the task manager option, select the processes option while scrolling through it.
- Click on windows explorer, followed by the restart option.
After restarting the device, check if it is resolved; if not, check for further issues.
It is one of the quick fixes when Windows 10 shows notifications, but there are none.
Testing The Registry Editor Settings
One can turn the notifications on Windows 10 on or off with the help of registry editor settings.
Below mentioned will guide us further:
- Look out for the registry from the start menu option.
- Choose the option run as an administrator.
- Next, go to Hkey_Current_User.
- Opt for Microsoft software.
- Next, go to windows and select push notifications under the current version.
- Look for the option ToastEnabled.
- From the option base, select the hexadecimal option and then choose the value data to 1.
- The device has to be restarted later.
This way, Windows 10 will display the notifications banner at the screen’s bottom.
There are specific steps if one wants to put the alerts banner at the top of the screen.
- Jump to Hkey_Current_User, then choose Microsoft from the software options.
- Jump to the current version option from the windows option. Next, go to explorer.
- Open explorer with a right click.
- Make a new DWORD value by opting for a unique opportunity.
- Give the title to it as Displaytoastatbottom.
- Turn the value data to 0 from the option hexadecimal from the base.
Hence these steps guide us when Windows 10 shows notifications, but there are none.
Windows 10 Update
Updating Windows 10 software now and then is essential to fix all the errors of Windows 10 and remove all the bugs and malware from the system. In such a scenario, how to go about when Windows 10 new notifications not showing?
This one is pretty simple and basic.
- From settings options, scroll down to update and security.
- Select the windows update option.
- Either the ‘check for an update or ‘install now‘ options will be visible. Click on whatever is suitable.
Those mentioned above are a few handy and quick knacks when Windows 10 shows notifications, but there are none. If 0x80080008 error is showing in your Windows while updating, then solve it.
How do Windows 10 notifications guides us?
The notifications are visible in the lower right corner most. There are notifications about new emails, updates regarding the system, etc.
Where can we locate the notifications on windows 10?
The notifications and quick actions are visible in the action center. Select the action center on the taskbar for it to open.
What are the minimum requirements in terms of hardware for windows 10?
Windows 10 will generally run on the PC already using Windows 7 and 8. There are specific requirements which are listed below: RAM: 1GB or 2GB for 32-bit and 64-bit, respectively. Hardisk: 16GB or 20GB for 32-bit and 64-bit OS, respectively. Processor: 1GHz or any other fast processor. Display: 1024* 600. etc.
How long will Windows 10 be supported on the devices?
It will support till the year 2025.
Among the most recent operating systems for desktops and touchscreen devices is Windows 10. Windows 10 came up as a follow-up to windows 8 in 2015. Windows 10 offers two different network types: For mouse and keyboard users and For touchscreen device users such as tablets, phones, etc. If your mouse and keyword is not working or showing some error, then fix it by reading this article.
To sum up, an operating system is essential for a computer to maintain the hardware and software, without which any laptop will be completely unfinished. Despite looking similar to the older operating system, Windows 10 has many advancements and improvements with all its additional features. Windows 10 has got a little easier and expanded version of the start menu for the ease of scrolling through and understanding. Know the best fixes when the headset is not showing up on Windows 10, Just by Clicking here!
Matt Brown is a senior editor. Following six years of professional consumer technology and gaming coverage, he’s focused on the world of Xbox and Windows PCs. You can follow him on Twitter @mattjbrown.