Windows Live Mail Won’t Open is a very common issue. But don’t worry as we have 5 Ways to Fix Windows Live Mail Won’t Open. After following one of these ways, you will be able to overcome this problem.
Windows Live Mail Windows 10 error is an email client that comes pre-installed with Windows. The main features of the Windows Live Mail Include touch support and a minimalistic, flat design. The Windows 10 mail application comes preinstalled along with a calendar. These minimal but useful design and functions maybe the reason why many users depend on this mailing client for their personal and work-related emails.
Some report that, after upgrading to Windows 10 or updating their system, Windows Live Mail Won’t Open. It is annoying and can be frustrating to users who relied heavily on Windows Live Mail for all of their emails. Even though they can check their emails outside Windows Live Mail, those who were frequent users would not welcome this extra work.
The main reason behind this issue could be the graphics card driver conflicting with Windows 10, especially after the update. And this causes the graphics card not to work correctly. And at times, the Windows Live Mail cache seems to be corrupted. It also wouldn’t let you open Windows Live Mail. Whenever you click on the Windows Live Mail icon, it shows loading, but nothing happens even after a long time.
Also if your computer’s disk is full and you are out of memory, then Windows Live Mail would not be able to install correctly and would cause this issue. These issues may be caused by the app is not installed correctly, to solve that problem the easiest method would be to repair mentioned above.
The repair is a necessary method to make sure that all the Windows Programs And files are fully present and correctly installed and correctly registered. It is important because even a faulty installation would cause the problem. Moreover, any security software in your PC can interrupt with Windows Live Mail. In such cases, you should disable Avast Antivirus (in my case) or any other if you have.
- 1 How to Fix Windows Live Mail Won’t Open
- 2 Final Words
How to Fix Windows Live Mail Won’t Open
If you are facing a similar issue on your computer, don’t worry as we are here with the best methods that can help you to solve the problem of Windows Live Mail Won’t Open. These methods will surely help you to restore your Windows Live Mail back to normal.
Method 1: End wlmail.exe and Restart Windows Live Mail
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Windows Task Manager.
2. Find wlmail.exe from the list, then right-click on it and select End Task.
3. Then Restart Windows Live Mail Again and check whether the Windows Live Mail Won’t Open issue is fixed.
Method 2: Delete Windows Live Mail .cache
1. Press the Windows Key + R, then type in %localappdata% and then click OK.
2. Inside the Local Folder, Double click on Microsoft.
3. Then, double-click on Windows Live to Open it.
4. Locate the .cache folder, then right click on the folder and select Delete.
5. After the folder is deleted, make sure to empty the Recycle Bin.
Don’t miss out –
Method 3: Run Windows Live Mail in Compatibility Mode
1. Navigate to the Following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Mail
2. Find the file named wlmail.exe and right click on it, then select Properties.
3. Navigate to the Compatibility tab in the Properties Window.
4. Check “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and choose Windows 7.
5. Click Apply and then click OK.
6. Reboot your computer to save the changes.
7. Check whether the Windows Live Mail Won’t Open issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Repair Windows Essentials
1. Press the Windows Key + X and then select Control Panel.
2. Select Uninstall a Program.
3. Find Windows Essential from the list, then right-click on it and select Uninstall/Change.
4. There will be a repair option on the uninstall window, select it.
5. Follow the On-Screen Instructions to complete the Windows Essentials Repair Process.
6. Close everything and reboot your computer.
7. Check if the Windows Live Mail Won’t Open problem is fixed or not.
You may also like –
Method 5: Restore Your Computer To an Earlier Working Time
1. Press the Windows Key + R and type in “sysdm.cpl” and click OK.
2. Go to the System Protection tab and select System Restore.
3. Click Next and then choose the desired System Restore point.
4. Follow the On-Screen Instructions to Complete System Restore.
5. After your computer is rebooted, the Windows Live Mail Won’t Open issue should be fixed. Moreover, this will also fix any Windows 10 Random Restart Error in your PC.
Don’t miss out –
These are the best, and proven methods that can help you to resolve your problem of Windows Live Mail Won’t Open. This problem Maybe Caused by many reasons, but these steps cover almost all of them and do not leave any gap for a mistake. Whichever step you choose to resolve the issue, we remind you to go through the steps thoroughly before attempting any method.
Even a minor mistake can damage your system, so be careful while performing these fixes. We recommend you to create a restore point, in case anything goes wrong. But it is unlikely, and the error would be fixed easily with the above methods. We hope that these methods helped you to resolve the issue.