Suppose you cannot connect to a WiFi. In that case, you see a yellow exclamatory sign on the Network icon in the system tray, and you receive an error message stating Windows Could Not Automatically Detect the Network’s Proxy Settings.
You can try Performing an SFC Scan, Utilizing a Network Troubleshooter, Verify your Proxy Settings, turning off VPN, Antivirus, and Firewall Software, Reset Network Settings. and if these don’t work, you can try the one mentioned below.
Then, you may have been experiencing a slow Internet connection for a long time. You will not be able to connect to the Internet and will see limited connectivity issues.
How to Fix Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings
The change in the proxy settings causes this error. It may be caused due to reasons as mentioned below:
- Malware Infection
- Change in the system file
- Change in the network settings
It might be possible that you may not see this error directly, but once you run the network troubleshooter, it will diagnose the issue in your network settings, but it will not be able to fix it. Then, there is a problem with the networking settings on your computer. Many other proxy-related issues can occur, as mentioned below:
- Windows 10 can’t detect proxy settings
- Your Windows could not automatically detect a proxy
- Windows won’t save proxy
- And Windows proxy settings keep changing
- Windows 10 proxy settings not saving, changing
So, let’s see the methods that can be used to Fix Windows could not automatically detect the network’s proxy settings error with the below-listed strategies:
- First, try to restart your WiFi modem or router and then reboot your PC to resolve the issue.
- Make Sure to create a restore point.
Method 1: Disable the Proxy Server
1. Press Window Key + R together to invoke the Run box.
2. Then, in the space provided, Type “inetcpl.cpl” and press Enter.
3. Then Go to the Connections tab in the new open window. Afterward, Click on LAN Settings in the Connections tab. Also, check for any Unidentified Network No Internet Access in Windows.
4. In the Local Area Network (LAN) window, Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN. Then click on the checkbox of Automatically detect settings. Then click on the OK button.
5. Finally, Troubleshoot the Network Adapter again and see if the error disappears.
Do check out –
Method 2: Resetting Windows Sockets and IP
1. First, Press Windows Key. Type cmd in the search box. Then, Right-Click on the Command prompt and select Run as Administrator. Afterward, click Yes when prompted for permission by User Account Control.
2. Once the Command prompt window opens, then type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ipv4 reset
Finally, Restart your computer to apply the changes. Afterwards, troubleshoot your Internet again to see if the error disappears. Also, check for any network protocols missing errors.
You may also like –
Method 3: Resetting TCP/IP
2. Once you see the black screen (Command Prompt), type nets hint ip resetlog.txt & hit enter.
Finally, Restart your computer to apply the changes, and you will see that the error message disappears.
Method 4: Flush DNS
1. Press Windows Key + X together, and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
2. Afterward, type the below-mentioned command and press Enter after every command:
Finally, Reboot our computer to apply the changes. Flushing your DNS will Fix Windows could not automatically detect this network’s network’s proxy settings.
Don’t miss out –
Method 5: Disable Antivirus and Firewall
1. First, Right-Click the Antivirus Program icon in the system tray and select the Disable option.
2. Once you click on the Disable option, it will ask for the time frame for the antivirus to be disabled. Select a time frame.
3. Afterward, try reconnecting to the WiFi network and see if the error is resolved.
4. Press Windows Key + I together and select Control Panel from the menu.
5. Afterward, click on System and Security. Now select Windows Firewall in there.
6. Then, choose to Turn Windows Firewall on or off from the left pane on your screen.
7. select Turn off Windows Firewall and reboot your computer. You will see that you can Fix Windows cannot automatically detect the network’s proxy settings. Also, check for any Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings Error.
Note: – If this step doesn’t work out for you. Do not forget to enable the Firewall again.
Do check out these –
Method 6: Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes
1. First, Download CCleaner & Malwarebytes Software and install it on our computer
2. Now, Run Malwarebytes software and Scan your computer.
3. If any malware is found on your computer, this software will automatically remove it.
4. Afterward, run CCleaner Software, and in the “Cleaner” section, under Windows tab, check all the options available. (This will check all the software installed on your computer)
5. After checking all the entries, click on run CCleaner. It will begin the cleaning process.
6. To further clean your system, go to the Registry tab and check all available options.
7. Select Scan for Issue and let CCleaner scan the registries, then click on Fix Selected Issues.
8. Finally, A message will prompt on your screen:
“Do you want backup changes to the registry? ” Select Yes.
9. select Fix All Selected Issues after the backup to fix the problems.
10. Then, Reboot your computer to make the computer do the changes. Also, if your Antivirus interrupts the process, you can learn to disable Avast antivirus (in my case) on our website.
Method 7: Update the network drivers
1. First, Press Windows Key + R together, and type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run dialogue box that appears. It will open the device manager.
2. In the device manager, click on Network Adapters to expand it. Then, Right-Click on your Wi-Fi controller. (for example, Broadcom or Intel) Afterward, select the Update Driver Software option from the options.
3. Select the Update Driver option and then choose either Search automatically for Updated Driver Software or Browse my computer for Driver software if the drivers are saved on your system. Afterward, follow the steps as guided in the window.
4. If you can’t find the driver on your system. Then, go to Intel’s website to update the drivers.
5. Finally, install the latest drivers on your computer and reboot your computer to apply the changes and fix Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings Windows 10 error. However, if you see any update error like 0x8024a105, you should resolve it first.
You might also like –
How do I know if my proxy server is working?
Check your proxy server settings. Hit Win + R, in the bottom left corner a run option will pop up, type inetcpl.cpl and then press Enter. You can also type “Internet properties” in windows search to attain the same result. In Internet properties, Look for connections tab.
How do I fix Windows 10 proxy settings not detected?
Steps to fix error Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy settings. Check your proxy server settings. Reset TCP/IP. Disable your antivirus software. Scan your PC. DISM scan. Restart your network adapte
See Also: Fix: There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC In Windows 10
We hope that you have fixed Windows could not automatically detect the network’s proxy settings error by following one or more of the above methods. Just hop on and start bombarding the Internet with all the queries that you have in your mind.
Gravit Sinha: Founder of ValidEdge, a problem-solving website, driven by his lifelong passion for fixing issues.