Xbox One Controller Not Working: Xbox is the video gaming platform created and launched by Microsoft. In no time it took the market with the stirring pace and we could see everyone around hoving over Xbox with different games. Fortnite, GTA, Call of Duty, Fifa, etc. are some of the many games Xbox supports and allows users to have on its extravaganza platform.
But what if something stops you from having the ultimate fun you are having on Xbox? Or what if you face some issues or error when you try to open your Xbox setup? Well, many a time user faces this issue of Xbox One controller not working. One controller is nothing but the device with which you command instructions while playing the game. And sometimes when one controller doesn’t respond as expected, the user faces this problem of one controller not working while streaming the game.
Causes of Xbox one controller not working:
- The improper connection with the system console.
- The use of more than maximum controllers allowed at a time.
- The hardware device of the Xbox One Controller not working properly.
- Some faults in the internal settings of the Xbox One Controller.
Here are some techniques which will help you to eradicate the very problem of the Xbox One controller not working.
Table of Contents
- 1 6 Ways to Fix the Xbox One Controller Not Working
- 1.1 Method #1 Techniques to Try if Xbox One Controller Won’t Turn On
- 1.2 Method #2 Configure the Appropriate Connection of One Controller with System Console
- 1.3 Method #3 Optimising the Total Number of Controllers to be Used At a Time
- 1.4 Method #4 Updating the One Controller Firmware
- 1.5 Method #5 The Thing to Do If your Xbox Blinks
- 1.6 Method #6 Fix Your Internal Glitches for a Smooth and Optimised Experience
- 2 Conclusion
6 Ways to Fix the Xbox One Controller Not Working
Method #1 Techniques to Try if Xbox One Controller Won’t Turn On
This is the most prominent cause a user faces when the Xbox One Controller doesn’t open. This may happen due to the improper battery contacts, charging cable problems, firmware problems or due to some internal faults.
To solve this very problem the first thing the user needs to do is to use the fresh batteries instead of the old one. The next thing to do is to check whether the batteries are connected properly and is having the optimised connections.
The second thing the user needs to do is to fix one controller charging problem. The Xbox One Controller will not work properly and many a time it wouldn’t even open if the proper charging solution is not used. Make use of proper USB cable so that charging is not interrupted.
Method #2 Configure the Appropriate Connection of One Controller with System Console
One controller is the device with which the user commands the instruction while streaming the video game. Now, if the user is facing the problem with streaming of game in Xbox, many a time problem is with the proper connection of one controller with the system console.
So to fix the problem with the Xbox one controller connection so that we may not face the issue of Xbox one controller not working, here are a few things that need to be looked out.
- Make sure your controller is not out of range. Though the Xbox one controller is a wireless device, yet it will not give a proper connection if the controller is out of range.
- Usually, one controller disconnects after 15 minutes of inactivity, so the user needs to press the Xbox controller.
- At times one controller won’t work accordingly if it is configured to other Xbox. At a time one controller can only be synced to a single console and if user syncs in the new console, the controller won’t function as expected. To solve this out, the user needs to configure the syncing of the controller with consoles every time they want a new operation or a new command as per the use of the console.
Method #3 Optimising the Total Number of Controllers to be Used At a Time
While streaming the game on Xbox you won’t know how much controller connections you need at a time. At a time you may need fewer controller connections or at a time you may need more controller connections. This problem of not having the appropriate number of controller connections more often leads to the Xbox One Controller not working.
At a time Xbox one controller allows you to have a maximum of eight control connections with the console. In case you are having more than 8 connections with the console, one controller would not function properly.
To solve this problem with one controller, all you need to do is to first turn off and on your Xbox system. Afterwards, you need to have a maximum of 8 connections and then sync the connectivity. One controller will be fixed.
Method #4 Updating the One Controller Firmware
Sometimes the Xbox one controller won’t function accordingly if the internal hardware parts are not working properly. In this case either you need a service or replacement or what you can do is to check for firmware updates.
So to check whether the one controller needs an update, you need to turn your Xbox one on and then open its settings menu. Next, you need to do is to navigate with the devices and accessories and select the controller which is causing the problem. Now if the very controller needs an update, a message will pop up and you can update it from there.
After successfully updating the firmware of the One controller, sync in the connection and check whether the problem with the Xbox One Controller gets resolved or not.
Sometimes if you turn on your Xbox and it starts blinking chances are one controller is facing some problems. These problems would come due to improper connections with the console of the system and the Xbox One Controller would not be working.
So, here is a thing you can do to solve this out. Check whether your controller is properly connected with the device and afterwards configure its console connection. This will most probably solve the blinking problem.
Method #6 Fix Your Internal Glitches for a Smooth and Optimised Experience
More often or more often than not, the problem with the internal glitches won’t allow your one controller to function properly. This may arise due to cache residual or due to accessories problems and will lead to Xbox One Controller not working.
To solve this out all you need to do is, remove all your external accessories connected with the one controller. And at the same time, you also need to clear out the cache. Once these tasks are done reboot your Xbox and check whether one controller functions properly.
Fixing your internal glitches will not only help you to have an optimised and pleasant gaming experience but will also give you a smooth run with the Xbox One Controller.
Gravit Sinha is the founder of ValidEdge. Ever since he was a kid, he has been a problem fixer and that passion is what inspired him to start and grow this website! 🙂