Fix a Vape Pen: You were going to relax and have a vaping session, but your Vape Pen won’t work. At first, make sure there is a problem. Often, users think that their vape pens are broken, when there’s just something wrong with settings. A device won’t perform if there’s no juice in the battery, the battery is not fully charged, or its parts are improperly put together.
5 Evergreen Ways to Fix a Vape Pen in 2019
If a vape pen is properly prepared for using but still doesn’t work, check it for these 5 common breakdowns and use these troubleshooting tips to Fix a Vape Pen.
1. The Need For Cleaning
When was the last time you cleaned your vape pen? You should do this regularly to ensure its satisfying work and long life.
There will always be some e-liquid build-up that gets in the way of things. Your device can also get clogged because of over-filling, staying unused for too long and being stored in conditions that change liquid’s consistency.
The best method of cleaning involves separating all the parts and giving special attention to every part. Build-up accumulates at the connection points. Unclog the mouthpiece by putting it under the running water.
Many vapers find that water cleans just fine. It removes chunks of dried up residue and works pretty well on the materials that require a scratch-free, non-abrasive cleaning. Some vapers use alcohol to get a vaporizer perfectly clean. You’ll also need a small, soft brush (it’s possible to use your old toothbrush), and some cotton swabs and paper towels.
2. Battery Failure
A vape pen battery may not work because of 3 common causes:
- If the battery won’t charge or hit with a cartridge screwed in, that means that the connection plate inside the 510 thread may be shifted. It’s not difficult to fix it. Take a toothpick, gently pull up the connection plate inside the thread, and then screen it on your charger or cartridge. It’s done!
- Another common reason is that the connection between the battery and the cartomizer is not well established. Ensure that these parts of the vape are clean. If there’s some dirt or fluff, chances are the battery will start charging after cleaning.
- The battery is dead. Any vape battery will eventually die after long-term use or other reasons. Maybe you just need to buy a new one.
Other reasons why your battery or vapor pens (helpful resources) don’t charge or work and the ways to fix that you can find here.
3. Problems With The Coil
If the coil is not fixed in tightly, a vapor pen could either perform badly or not perform at all. The very dirty coil could also be causing the failure. It’s also possible that the coil has reached the end of its lifespan, and you need to replace it with the new one.
If you use wicked coils, then you know that they are designed with a wick surrounded by a thin metal heating element. Sometimes, that heating element breaks. And usually, the break is quite visible. Simply check whether your heating element is intact.
4. Problems With The Heating Chamber
If your battery is OK, but the heating chamber isn’t heating up, perhaps, that’s the cause of the malfunction. It’s a bit trickier to fix the heating chamber. There’s one technique that helped many vapors to “heal their electronic friends.” But be careful – it’s about applying light pressure to the coil, not pushing it until irreversible damage.
Sometimes, the heating coil moves away from the connecting pin inside the chamber, and there’s no electrical flow from the battery. So, you are to restore this connection. Here’s what to do:
- Take a toothpick or a paper clip.
- Take apart the pen and examine the heating chamber. The wire coil is inside the chamber. At the outer side of the chamber, there’re 2 small metallic pins where the coil connects.
- Now slightly push the heating coil on the pins. Sometimes, it helps to put the toothpick in the center of the coil and push it (gently!) in different directions. You may also try to twist the pins to restore the power circuit.
5. The Stuck Button
We turn on and off a vaporizer pen with the help of the firing button which activates the power supply from the battery. This button can get stuck because of the dirt that piles up inside the gaps around it.
Experienced vapers know a good old trick:
1) Separate the tank from the battery.
2) Use pliers or tweezers to move the stuck button anticlockwise several times. This circular motion must break off the dirt inside.
3) Now, the button of your e-cig should be unstuck. Check if it clicks. If there’s no result, the button is probably broken inside, return it to the vape shop or throw it away.
I hope this information was helpful. Have a nice vape!