We are now able to surround ourselves with gadgets to optimize our performance. One such gadget is the printer. Be it homes or offices, printers are everywhere. It has eased the task of printing to a great extent. Epson Printers are one of the modern printers that are available in the market. Many individuals prefer the quality that is being provided. One of the most common printer issues is Epson printer won’t print black and white without color ink.
Compared to the other available printers in the market, you will observe that the area where Epson printers stand out is the printing quality. All the Epson printers models are designed so that they provide a high rate of printing. The ink cartridge that is installed in these printers contains high-quality ink. This is the reason why the printer can print high-quality images from time to time. The photos always look professional. Even though forced printing can be done, it is still not advised to do that for extended periods to reduce the printer’s life cycle.
Table of Contents
Why Did The Printer Stop Printing?
The printer can stop printing when it detects that the color ink cartridge is empty. However, it can still be forced to print in black and white. Printer makers make the printers so that it stops functioning when it detects that even one of the cartridges is empty.
Even if the black and white ink is present, people still face issues getting their work done. Even though forcing the printer to print in black and white pieces is still a temporary alternative, the color ink cartridge should be replaced soon.
Before making any changes as such, you should ensure that the paper tray contains sheets that will later be used for printing. The task that is already running has to be stopped before carrying out any process. Many people tend to forget to cancel their already running job, which hinders their speed of working. The precision should be maintained, and every step should be followed carefully to ensure the proper working of the printer.
Related: – 4 Ways To Fix HP Laptop Black Screen
Ways To Print In Black And White When The Color Ink Cartridge Is Empty
Here we have listed two different ways for Windows and Macbook respectively.
Follow these steps to force the Epson printer to print black and white
- Stop the tasks which are already running.
- After canceling the task, load plain papers into the printer.
- Within the print application, ‘print settings’ are available, and you should navigate it before proceeding further.
- You should then look for the Main tab and click on it.
- Paper type settings will appear, and the options that are available in it are “Bright Paper,” “Plain Paper” and “Envelope.” You have to choose the desired option.
- A checkbox will be available on the same page with the option ‘Black/Grayscale.’ You have to click on it before going onto the next step.
- After clicking the checkbox, click on ‘OK’ to proceed to the next step.
- The Epson Printer Monitor will pop up with a message instructing you to print the file.
- Click on the ‘Print in Black’ option.
- After quick navigation of the Apple menu, you will find the printer icon. Click on it.
- You will see an error message on the screen.
- In case a task is already in line, cancel and delete it. If not, press ‘OK.’
- In the menu, click on ‘System Preferences.
- You should select the appropriate command options regarding the printer. After you’ve decided on a product, click on ‘Options and Supplies.’
- In the menu itself, click on either Options or Driver. It depends on what your computer displays on the screen.
- After clicking on the Options, a lot of choices will appear on the screen. You should ensure that the choices that have appeared on the screen are correctly displayed. One of the available choices will be ‘Permit temporary black printing.’ Click on that option.
- To confirm the change, click on ‘OK.’
- The next step is to load the printer with plain paper.
- In the print application, you will come across print settings. Click on it.
- Select ‘Print Setting’ from the menu.
- Choose the paper type that you are planning to use.
- The next step is to click on the Grayscale option
- Now click on Print.
- Now you can print easily.
In today’s times, almost every other house has printers that ease the task of printing. However, the central issue faced by everyone is that the printer stops printing even black and white images when it runs out of color ink. Now when your Epson printer won’t print black and white without color ink follow the steps mentioned above to fix this printing issue temporarily.