An error code can occur at several hundred points in a system, leading to, “this app can’t run on your PC.” But before taking a complex approach, several basic pointers need to be engaged with, which solves most cases. Primarily, the compatibility of the software or Application in question must be checked. Many applications have different versions suitable for different OS or system configurations; therefore, verify the same in parallel to the PC’s Windows version, Linux, Mac, etc.
While checking the app’s compatibility with the PC, the most common cause is the version’s unsuitability. In the case of Windows, a 32-bit application may not function on 64-bit system configuration vice-versa. Learn to fix the computer sleeping too fast.
To know the given property of the PC:
- Go to File Explorer
- Right-click on ‘This PC’
- Click on the drop-down menu of ‘Properties.’
- Install the app verifying the given version.
Similarly, there may be versions of the app specifically for Windows, Mac, etc. Only after concerning oneself with these basic engagements, move towards other actions.
Another simple element is to verify the updates on the applications to counter this app can’t run on your pc problem. For example, certain applications become obsolete to the system with the initiation of newer versions; or there is a possibility of the presence of a bug, which is rejected by the system. Therefore, try updating or reinstalling the required Application.
Table of Contents
Ways To Fix This App Can’t Run On Your PC Issue
Resolve this app can’t run on your pc issue by the steps. Initiating a full system-security scan may be viable before the user approaches updating and reinstalling the application/OS. A potential malware may be preventing the app from freely functioning, which can be identified during the scan.
Method #0 Use Restoro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
To Have A Full System-Security Scan
- Search ‘Windows Defender Security Center’
- Select ‘Open Windows Defender Security Center’
- Click on ‘Virus and Threat Protection.’
- Under the menu, select ‘Advanced Scan.’
- Click on ‘Full Scan,’ followed by ‘Scan Now.’
Check the results after the scan is complete and try reinstalling and operating the app. Therefore this app can’t run on your pc issue might resolve. Windows Defender Blocked By Group Policy? Click Here.
The SmartScreen or Windows Defender SmartScreen is an intrinsic anti-malware constituent specific to Windows, defending the system from potentially malicious software, applications, extensions, etc but at times it gives birth to problems like this app can’t run on your pc. If SmartScreen identifies a given application as unsuitable for the system or malicious about its predisposed database, it will not allow it to function. Suppose the user is confident of the authenticity and the safety of the Application to be run.
In that case, the user may try disabling SmartScreen, enabling the app to function freely without any hindrance from the system. To disable SmartScreen:
- Search SmartScreen
- Select Apps and Browser Control
- Go to Windows Defender Security Center
- Select OFF under “Check Apps and Files”
Counter this app can’t run on your pc, by finding the required Application from several websites or online stores, but not all of them follow the legitimate application distribution method. The security feature of Windows prevents the download or functioning of such apps from random websites or third parties. Disabling this feature enables the user to download and operate the Application from any preferred source, eliminating the requirement for a mainstream approach. Check the possibility of the Website being third-party. If the user still does not want to approach mainstream, follow the steps to enable Sideloading:
- On the Settings window, go to ‘Update and Security.’
- Click on ‘For Developers’
- Select the ‘Sideload’ option below the same
- The system shall now permit sideloading
.exe File Errors
The original extension of the application might carry an error that would prevent its functioning within the system. A copy of the extension file may solve the issues and eliminate faults. To copy the .exe file.
- Select the original .exe file.
- Right, Click on the file.
- Select Copy
- Right-click on the required folder
- Click Paste
- Select the file.
- Press Ctrl + C
- Go to the open space of the folder
- Press Ctrl + V
Counter the problem of this app can’t run on your pc by this method.
As mentioned, the latest version of the apps may not carry bugs from the previous version. At the same time, a safe app is preferred by the system. Update the PC’s Microsoft Store for the latest versions to be available.
At the same time, the whole Operating System might need an update. In this case, try updating the Windows or Mac as a whole, which may be compatible with the intended software or Application. To update Microsoft Store:
- Go to Microsoft Store.
- Click on ‘Downloads and Updates’
- Select ‘Get Updates’ under the same
To update the Windows OS:
- Go to Settings
- Click on ‘Security and Updates’
- Select ‘Check for Updates ‘ from the window
Hence you can counter this app can’t run on your pc issue by this method. Click Here if Windows Update Service not running.
An error in the very Disk where the app is being stored and run from may cause hindrance to the functioning of the Application and cause this app can’t run on your pc error. Disk errors can be monitored and corrected within the system’s parameters.
Therefore, a periodic check must help to identify and eliminate the errors, if any. To check the Disk for errors:
- Right Click on the Disk to be checked
- Select ‘Properties’
- Click ‘Tools’ on the dialog box
- Under the ‘Error Checking’ option, select ‘Check Now.’
- A User Account Control Settings dialog box may appear, answer as required
- Followed by which a dialog box may appear, which may have the option ‘Automatically fix file system errors, ‘select the option.
If none of the given approaches solve the issues, kindly approach a ‘Help Centre’ for further queries and service. Therefore, you solve this app can’t run on your pc issue.
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.