Are you having trouble playing your favorite game, World of Warcraft (WoW), on your twitch app? Don’t worry; we have listed down the best and most reliable ways to know why twitch can’t find wow.
After finding a bunch of ways to fix the reasons, the ones that most of the people found reliable were checking whether you logged into your app with the intended profile. If your twitch app is not showing wow addons, you should try deleting the “AddonGameInstance.json” file. You can also try restarting the Twitch app with admin privileges.
To know the detailed step-by-step tutorial on updating wow addons with the twitch app, follow the rest of the article and find the solution you are looking for.
Refer to this blog if you are interested in Fixes For Streamlabs OBS Error Fetching Channel Information.
Table of Contents
- 1 Twitch Can’t Find Wow Solutions
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Twitch Can’t Find Wow Solutions
Find the step-by-step tutorial for the solutions and help twitch find WoW on your device.
Check If You Logged Into Your App With The Correct Account
If you can see the enabled addons in your wow profile but not in your twitch app, you should check the profile you have enabled in your app.
Check if the profile logged in is the one you desire to have the wow addons on. Click on the addon section in the top right corner of the screen and select the appropriate account from the drop-down menu.
See Also: 5 Ways to Fix Exodus Kodi Not Working (Update May 2022)
Try Logging In And Logging Out
If the above-mentioned is not the solution to your problem, you should try logging in and out of your current profile from the twitch app. This is the solution that most people facing a similar issue found to be the most valuable.
How can you do it:
- Open the Twitch app on your PC or open the Twitch website.
- Select your profile image from the topmost right section.
- Log out of your profile and wait for some time.
- Select the Login option and enter your desired Twitch profile credentials.
- You will find the addons reappear in your twitch app.
Restart The App With Admin Privileges
Another way to solve the issue of the Twitch app not detecting the wow can be solved by restarting the Twitch app with administrator privileges. It’s one of the most common issues Windows 10 users face while using WOW on the Twitch app.
How can you do it :
- Open the Twitch app on your PC or open the official website.
- Select settings in your profile after selecting the three dots on the topmost right section of the screen.
- In settings, select the general section and then choose Run Twitch as administrator, followed by clicking the tick to turn on the switch.
Delete The ‘AddonGameInstance.json’ File
Often the twitch app may stop showing your addons for wow, and in that case, all you need to do is just delete the AddonGameInstance.json file. This could be the ultimate solution to your problem and let you play WOW on your PC on Twitch without any errors.
How can you do it :
- Open the Twitch app on your PC or your Twitch profile on your website.
- Select the help section by clicking on the topmost right section visible.
- In the current dialog, open the About(this will open a new window ) -> Client Folder option.
- Open the GameInstances folder present in the Client Folder.
- Delete the AddonGameInstance.json file present in the GameInstance folder.
- Restart the Twitch app, and you will find that your issue has been resolved.
See Also: [FIXED] VAC Was Unable to Verify the Game Session
Reinstalling The App
If all else fails, you can always choose to reinstall the Twitch app on your PC or console. This is a very easy and reliable solution that solves the issue. Sometimes the app needs a complete removal and reinstallation from the system; hence, you can perform this by following the steps below.
How can you do it :
- Search %appdata% in the windows search bar of your PC or console.
- After making sure you are in the roaming folder, delete all the files and folders from that location.
- Proceed by searching %programdata%\Twitch on your windows search bar and delete all the files and folders at that location.
- In the further steps, you should restart your system and download either Soundtrack or Twitch Studio.
- Continue in the twitch app in administrator mode.
Using Blizzard To Enable The Correct WoW Profile
If all of the above solutions couldn’t help you, you should try using Blizzard as your last but not least solution to solve the twitch can’t find wow problem. This helps you resolve your issue if you have more than one copy of WoW downloaded to your console or PC.
How can you do it :
- Start Blizzard and log into your account.
- Select the settings category after clicking the three dots available in the upper right corner of your screen.
- After clicking the game install button, move to WoW(World of Warcraft) and review the location of the installation.
- Open the Twitch app on your PC or console or the Twitch website.
- Select the mods -> WoW (Word of Warcraft) and select cogwheel.
- After clicking on the topmost right corner again, select the settings option on your console screen.
- In your games bar, select the “Game Specific” option, and finally, select “Word of Warcraft.”
- You will find your issue is resolved, and you can find the solution to your twitch can’t find wow addons issue.
See Also: Fix: This File Does Not Have An App Associated With It For Performing This Action
Where are the WoW Addons on Twitch?
After opening your twitch app on your console or logging in to the twitch website, select the War of Warcraft after selecting the mods section. This will bring all the addons onto your app and help you with a smooth experience.
Why is my Twitch stream not showing my game?
This can be due to multiple reasons, such as the improper connection of the microphone and webcam being disabled. To fix the issue, you should connect your microphone and enable your webcam for a smoother Twitch experience.
How do I clear my Twitch app cache?
To clear the app cache, you should open the phone's settings and search for the Twitch app. In the storage section for the app, choose the clear data option, which will clear the Twitch cache from your phone.
How do you get Overwolf on Twitch?
To get Overwolf on Twitch, you should run Overwolf's Twitch game events app during your play and try to log in to the Twitch app. This will help you create a room by the streamer's ID. You also need to connect to Overwolf's events pubsub, get a client ID, and get their secret authentication for the pubsub.
We hope that you were able to fix your twitch not being able to find the wow addon issue using one of the methods mentioned above and found the article helpful. Help us improve our article by telling us about other methods that helped you solve your problem. You should also remember that the above solutions may stop working or break as the newer versions of twitch roll out. Tell us which method helped you resolve your error in the comments below.
See Also: Hulu Keeps Logging Me out! How To Fix?
Aloukik Rathore is a Delhi-based entrepreneur, musician, writer, and tech nerd. He has been blogging for about 7 years now.