Are you frustrated by your Windows 10 being very slow and unresponsive? You are at the right place! Read on the article till the end to learn how you can fix the “Windows 10 very slow and unresponsive” issue, efficiently.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reasons For The Problem
- 2 How To Solve Windows 10 Very Slow And Unresponsive Issue?
- 3 Conclusion
Reasons For The Problem
There can be many reasons which cause your windows 10 very slow and unresponsive. Some of them are:
- Running too Many Background Apps
- High CPU Usage
- No Free HDD/SSD Space
- Virus Infection
- Outdated Software/Drivers
We now know what causes our Windows 10 to run slow. Now, we will try to fix them.
How To Solve Windows 10 Very Slow And Unresponsive Issue?
To Fix Windows 10 Slow and Unresponsive Issue, Let’s Start with some basic steps:-
- Reboot Your System
- Install Latest Updates and Driver
Your PC can get infected by Virus/Malware, and If it gets infected by Malware or virus, It can make your computer run slower. We recommend you scan your Windows 10 with good antivirus software at a regular interval.
Method #0 Use Restoro (Strongly Recommended)
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated as "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
- Click on Start Scan button to find errors related to Windows.
- Click Repair All to fix all issues with Patented Technologies.
Disable Visual Effects And Transparency
Windows 10 has many visual effects and other graphics that look cool and slow down the computer. So, disable these effects to get a boost in Your Computer Performance. To-do so, Follow below steps:
- Press Windows + I key simultaneously to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Personalization
- Click on Colors > Set Transparency effects to Off.
In addition to this, you can also switch off the animation loaded during work, which also gives your PC a boost. To do this, Follow Step given below:
- Type system.CPL in the Windows 10 Search Box and press Enter.
- That launches the system properties dialog box.
- Click on the Advanced Tab and Click settings in the Performance Section.
- If you have time to do all options manually on/off, which suits you best according to you, or else you can choose “Adjust for the best performance” at the top of the screen and click OK. It will give Boost to your PC and will set you free from the issue of windows 10 very slow and unresponsive.
Check if the issue of windows 10 is very slow and unresponsive is resolved.
Pause OneDrive Syncing
Even Microsoft admits that It can slow down your computer. Pause OneDrive by Clicking on the OneDrive icon in Notification Bar, Select More and then Pause Syncing.
Disable Program That Runs On Start-ups
Here, Task Manager is Your Best-Friend. The easiest way to open a Task Manager is:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager from options or Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC simultaneously.
- Select Startup Tab.
- You will see a bunch of lists of Program that launches when you start your Windows. Included on the list are each program’s names and its “Start-up Impact,” how much it slows down Windows 10 When you boot your system.
- To Stop a program from launching at start-up, Right-click and select Disable.
- This Prevent Program from launching at a start-up.
See also: Secure Windows 10 With These 8 Easy Ways
Clean Out Your Hard-Disk
If you have a bloated, hard disk filled with unnecessary files, you could slow down your PC. Cleaning your hard disk can give a boost. Windows 10 has an in-built tool for doing this. “Storage Sense”
- Go to Settings > System > Storage at the top of the screen.
- Move the toggle from Off to On.
- Windows constantly monitor your PC and delete unnecessary old files from time to time when you do this.
- You can also customize how Storage Sense works and use it to free up even more space.
- You can also command to delete files in your downloads folder, depending on how long they have been there.
Check if the issue of windows 10 very slow and unresponsive is resolved.
Defragment Your Hard Disk/Solid-State Drive
The More You use your hard disk, the more it becomes fragmented, which can slow down your PC. When a disk gets fragmented, it stores files here and there across it, and it takes time for windows to put them together before running them.
To defrag your Hard disk:
- Type Defrag in the search box and press enter.
- From the screen that appears, select the drive which you want to defragment.
- Click the optimize button to start defragmenting it.
- You can also set a schedule to defrag your disk itself by your PC only.
- You can set that by clicking on “Run on a schedule.”
- Now select a frequency from daily, weekly, to monthly.
Change Your Power Plan
If you are using your Windows 10’s “Power saver “Plan, you’re slowing down your PC. That plan reduces your PC performance and saves battery. Changing your Plan from Battery Saver to Balanced or High Performance will give you a Performance Boost.
To Change the Plan, Follow the Following Steps:
- Launch Control Panel App.
- Select Hardware and Sound > Power and Options.
- You will see the two options: “Balanced and Power saver.”
- “To See the high Performance, click the down arrow by “Show additional plans.”
- To change the plan, select the Plan, which you want, and exit Control Panel App.
High Performance gives you a better boost in performance than Balanced Plan. It is recommended to choose high performance when connected to Power Source and Balanced when Unplugged to boost.
Check if the Windows 10 very slow and unresponsive issue is resolved.
Clean Out Your Registry
In Windows 10, Registry tracks and everything and controls the way windows works and looks. That includes information about where your program is stored, which files types should be opened by which program. But it’s a messy thing when you uninstalled a program; its program settings in the registry don’t always clean up. Over time, it gets filled with countless outdated settings of all types that can slow down the PC.
Use a Registry cleaner to clean the registry, and don’t try to clean it by yourself.
Shutdown And Restart Windows
Shut down your PC and restart it. Doing that clears out any excess use of RAM that otherwise can’t be cleared.
It also kills some background apps and process which we don’t need but continue running on your PC and making it slower.
So, this was all about how you can fix the Windows 10 very slow and unresponsive issue. We hope this article was helpful to you and you were able to improve the performance of your PC.
If you have any further doubts, leave them in the comments section. Our team will try our best to find their solution for you!:)
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas. Fountainhead of TechWhoop.
Life motto: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.